NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

After that Cowboys/Eagles game, I’m out. Fixed sport. Outcomes are too easily decided by the refs.

Should say nothing against the Cowboys players or play...but the calls seemed like they were offf a script. Like they wanted a tight ending

After that Cowboys/Eagles game, I’m out. Fixed sport. Outcomes are too easily decided by the refs.

Now? The NFL has been deciding games for a decade.

Now? The NFL has been deciding games for a decade.

No doubt. But once I saw a Super Bowl win for the Eagles, I’m much less emotional watching these games so maybe it’s more noticeable.

Hell look at the super bowl last year, flip one of the TD catches and it’s a diff game.
The no catch Dez game, etc etc. Just at my breaking point I guess...if Im asking myself if what I’m watching is legit, it’s not a good idea to get too invested

Awful officiating.

Bad make up PI call on Philly after ridiculous helmet call in Zeke.

Not to mention the blown fumble call on the opening kickoff.

The penalty on Goedert that eliminated a huge gain where he was tackled down near the goal line was really shady for two reasons: 1) it wasn't a penalty and 2) the flag was thrown well after the supposed penalty when it was clear he had caught the ball.

Dallas clinches the East against the Bucs in week 16.

Dallas is a lock to clinch in Week 15. Philly loses to the LAR next week then Dallas could lose all three of their games and still win the division.

SCENARIO:
Browns win out (DEN, CIN, BAL)
Ravens lose 1 of 2 (TB, LAC)
Steelers lose out (NE, NO, CIN)
The Browns would win the AFC North

Why wasn’t Gronk on the field?

BB is slipping...

Horrible officiating and an 80 yard FG are gonna keep the Giants out of the Super Bowl.

The penalty on Goedert that eliminated a huge gain where he was tackled down near the goal line was really shady for two reasons: 1) it wasn't a penalty and 2) the flag was thrown well after the supposed penalty when it was clear he had caught the ball.

The refs were clearly influenced by previous blown calls. The second half was a mess.

They called Kelce for blocking LVH in the back on a run play. While he was technically guilty I don’t remember the last time a block in the back was called during a non-kicking play.

WRs push/block from behind a ton and I never see it called (usually it’s not blatant with two extended hands).

Just a lot of bad calls made that ruined a tight divisional game. They need to pare down the rule book because it’s too subjective.

BB is slipping...

Horrible officiating and an 80 yard FG are gonna keep the Giants out of the Super Bowl.
He was on the field.

BB is slipping...

He was on the field.
Yeah - he was the last one with a shot at Drake, but got tripped by the turf monster (or deked out of his jock, whichever you prefer).

Reason #1002049493 why Boston media sucks.
tenor.gif

The Pats lose a gut wrenching game and these are the H0T Takes for a 2 team still the 2 seed.
28 other teams would trade spots with the Patriots right now and still fans have to deal with this chit.

I put CNN and have to hear Berman talking Kevin Hart and Kyler Murray honestly why even listen to anything.

He was on the field.
No no no no...typo typo TYPO.

No way on God’s green earth should gronky have been out there.

I get it if the ball is guaranteed to make the end zone in the air, but not for that play.

No no no no...typo typo TYPO.

No way on God’s green earth should gronky have been out there.

I get it if the ball is guaranteed to make the end zone in the air, but not for that play.
The Hail Mary wasn’t likely but Gronk being on the field wasn’t as dumb as the effort from several players on that play. They lost because 2 player’s loafed and didn’t make an attempt at tackling. All that loss did was basically give the 1 seed to KC which was likely theirs anyway.
Pats aren’t as good as they have been and made too many mistakes to win.

For someone who is supposed to be a defensive guru Belichick has fielded some terrible defenses the past couple years.

The Super Bowl matchup in my opinion will be New Orleans vs. LA Chargers.
New Orleans beats LA Rams in NFC title game.
Chargers beat the Patriots in the AFC title game.

For someone who is supposed to be a defensive guru Belichick has fielded some terrible defenses the past couple years.
The Pats defenses were terrible in 2009-2011 range but this team isn’t bad defensively.
They have been a bend but don’t break defense for a long time.
Their PPGs on defense have always been good.
Their problem is LB and it’s been bad for a while but Belichick hasn’t addressed it. It’s rumored he wanted Vander Eash in the draft but Dallas took him.

They have a solid secondary and can get pressure but RBs kill them in the passing game. It’s been like that for a while.

The whole league sucks on defense but Belichick has been stubborn on the speed of the LBs. Roberts and Van Noy are slow and Hightower is even slower.

I think your estimate is low. J/k lol.
The Super Bowl matchup in my opinion will be New Orleans vs. LA Chargers.
New Orleans beats LA Rams in NFC title game.
Chargers beat the Patriots in the AFC title game.
I don't see you listing the Steelers above. Don't worry, I wouldn't have listed them either. The drama and lack of discipline is unreal. I have always supported Tomlin up until the past few weeks, now I'm not so sure. I was talking to a Raiders fan yesterday before the game, told them they had a good chance to win against Pitt yesterday. He looked at me as if I was nuts.

The Pats defenses were terrible in 2009-2011 range but this team isn’t bad defensively.
They have been a bend but don’t break defense for a long time.
Their PPGs on defense have always been good.
Their problem is LB and it’s been bad for a while but Belichick hasn’t addressed it. It’s rumored he wanted Vander Eash in the draft but Dallas took him.

They have a solid secondary and can get pressure but RBs kill them in the passing game. It’s been like that for a while.

The whole league sucks on defense but Belichick has been stubborn on the speed of the LBs. Roberts and Van Noy are slow and Hightower is even slower.

I know some of it is the league changing, but the Pats have already given up just 3 less points than all of last year with 3 games to go.

I know some of it is the league changing, but the Pats have already given up just 3 less points than all of last year with 3 games to go.
Until yesterday the Pats defense was top 10 in PPG.
The points in the league have exploded.
Pats D isn’t why they won’t win it’s their talent more than anything. They have the least talent of any of the good teams.
Combine Philly’s front 7 and New England’s secondary you got a very good defense.

My first fantasy football question I ever want to ask but I am down 3 points in my semifinal matchup.
I can start either Delvin Cook or Chris Carson who is more likely to score 4 points?
No PPR just 10 yards a point for receiving or rushing and TDs/2 points conversions score.

The Hail Mary wasn’t likely but Gronk being on the field wasn’t as dumb as the effort from several players on that play. They lost because 2 player’s loafed and didn’t make an attempt at tackling. All that loss did was basically give the 1 seed to KC which was likely theirs anyway.
Pats aren’t as good as they have been and made too many mistakes to win.

Ya ripping BB for that is an all-time example of hindsight guy. There were 97 worse coaching gaffes in every game. BB himself makes a ton of Marrone-esque punts that get ignored cause they win anyway. It looked like the defenders were more concerned with a stat padding fumble recovery or something.
And yes unfortunately for those of us bored to tears with the afc heirarchy, not a damaging loss at all. Houston, gmab does it even matter where they play that game in round 2. Will not watch that Saturday night game for the 3rd straight year.

Ya ripping BB for that is an all-time example of hindsight guy. There were 97 worse coaching gaffes in every game. BB himself makes a ton of Marrone-esque punts that get ignored cause they win anyway. It looked like the defenders were more concerned with a stat padding fumble recovery or something.
And yes unfortunately for those of us bored to tears with the afc heirarchy, not a damaging loss at all. Houston, gmab does it even matter where they play that game in round 2. Will not watch that Saturday night game for the 3rd straight year.
Assuming Houston loses one more game and I think they will win all yesterday did was knock the Pats out of the 1 seed.
They can lose this week at Pittsburgh and if Houston loses at Philadelphia or against Jacksonville the Pats will get a bye.
Patriots will beat the Texans in the divisional round and then play KC/LAC/Pittsburgh/Baltimore in the AFC title game.
They won’t win on the road they have a chance if it’s at home.
Chargers have to beat KC this week and then KC has to lose at Seattle for KC not to get the 1 seed.
I believe that could happen and think KC could be in trouble if Watkins is out without Hunt then containing Kelce and Hill is a lot easier than before.

It could happen but I mean it's a big parlay. @Pit even with their problems and dumb coach is still tougher than a Thursday home game. But ya KC is starting to show some warts. As the unstoppable looking offenses in Sept-Oct often do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom