NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

On a side note if there is a more unwatchable tv experience than the Fox Thursday night pre game show .. I have not seen it. What an absolute mess.
Michael Strahan as the host is totally out his element.
Just hire host and do it from LA with Terry and Howie or just use the NFLN people.

Michael Strahan as the host is totally out his element.
Just hire host and do it from LA with Terry and Howie or just use the NFLN people.

It is like a drunken frat party. Bunch of meatheads making terrible jokes and laughing at themselves.

Time to put TB in a home.

It is like a drunken frat party. Bunch of meatheads making terrible jokes and laughing at themselves.

Time to put TB in a home.
TB needs the money probably more than anyone on pregame he isn't going anywhere.
I haven't watched a Sunday pregame show in a decade but I know Bradshaw has been doing it close to 30 years.

Hunt put on the Commissioner’s exempt list.
NFL had two choices:
1. Admit that they knew about the video but didn’t care about what it showed
2. Admit that TMZ cares more about uncovering this stuff than the league that Roger said he would take it seriously after he caught with Ray Rice.
So Hunt is done. He will at worst get 6 games.
DtSz7XdU0AEWzUy

Chiefs say Hunt wasn’t truthful about the incident, but I don’t believe for a second the cops, the Chiefs and the nfl didn’t have this video.

Read this on cbssports.com

According to NFL.com, the emergence of the video on Friday was the first time that the league or Chiefs had seen it. The NFL tried to obtain the video, but was unable to. The hotel provided the security video to Cleveland police, who apparently refused to turn it over to the league.

Read this on cbssports.com

According to NFL.com, the emergence of the video on Friday was the first time that the league or Chiefs had seen it. The NFL tried to obtain the video, but was unable to. The hotel provided the security video to Cleveland police, who apparently refused to turn it over to the league.

Im sure they hadn't "seen the video" and "tried to obtain it". Just like I always TRY to pay the taxes on my federal taxreturn on mail order goods purchased throughout the year without sales tax applied.

The Dan Le Betard show live coverage of Will Cain vs SAS is one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen.

The 2 most insufferable sports talk personalities, imo. They deserve each other, and it's so weird because they are complete opposite of each other on a personality level.

The 2 most insufferable sports talk personalities, imo. They deserve each other, and it's so weird because they are complete opposite of each other on a personality level.
I actually like all three.

I disagree with Will Cain on stuff like kneeling and his recent white privilege take, but I feel like him half the time I post on the OT Board ha. He’s pretty quick witted as well which is always fun, IMO. I also enjoy him being one of the few ESPN analysts that doesn’t go along with the liberal mainstream.

SAS, I’ve always liked.. back to the days where he was only on locally ripping apart Dolan and the Knicks.

Le Betard is hilarious. I don’t catch him much, but when I do, it’s always entertaining.

I actually like all three.

I disagree with Will Cain on stuff like kneeling and his recent white privilege take, but I feel like him half the time I post on the OT Board ha. He’s pretty quick witted as well which is always fun, IMO. I also enjoy him being one of the few ESPN analysts that doesn’t go along with the liberal mainstream.

SAS, I’ve always liked.. back to the days where he was only on locally ripping apart Dolan and the Knicks.

Le Betard is hilarious. I don’t catch him much, but when I do, it’s always entertaining.
LeBetard is neutral to me. SAS, just too over the top. Won't say I don't agree with some of his takes, it's just his style and delivery I don't like. Will Cain, is the most vanilla, boring, fall asleep at the wheel, never have a reason for tuning in person I can remember.

LeBetard is neutral to me. SAS, just too over the top. Won't say I don't agree with some of his takes, it's just his style and delivery I don't like. Will Cain, is the most vanilla, boring, fall asleep at the wheel, never have a reason for tuning in person I can remember.

I feel like Stephen A turned the volume WAY up at some point. I could be remembering wrong, but he seemed much more straightforward and less schtick when I first started seeing him on TV.

He’s gradually gotten further and further over the top IMO.

I feel like Stephen A turned the volume WAY up at some point. I could be remembering wrong, but he seemed much more straightforward and less schtick when I first started seeing him on TV.

He’s gradually gotten further and further over the top IMO.
He’s always been like that. When he was only on locally in NYC, he would go bonkers over the Knicks. Like nuclear radiation through the car speakers crazy.

He’s always been like that. When he was only on locally in NYC, he would go bonkers over the Knicks. Like nuclear radiation through the car speakers crazy.

I think I’m talking before that? He was a Sixers reporter in the Iverson era and initially a CNNSI guy. That’s when I first started seeing him. Then he became a general sports reporter and was with ESPN. When was on in NYC? I’m thinking mid 00’s?

Edit: and I should clarify that I think he’s always seemingly been the same guy who was bold and opinionated. It just seemed like at some point he turned the volume up even higher. To me he seems like a guy now who don’t always believe what he’s saying and is doing schtick, where a long time ago he seemed more genuine in his opinions.

Last edited:
TMZ just destroyed Kareem Hunt. He will be on the Commissioner's Exempt List in ...
That video is damning.
KC Chiefs Running Back Kareem Hunt Brutalizes and Kicks Woman in Hotel Video

I don’t want to come across like I’m defending Hunt in any way...but “brutalizes”? That’s not what I saw.

He was wrong and deserves whatever he gets IMO.

But at the same time, as far as I know she wasn’t injured? No charges were filed. I’ve seen the video...nobody got “brutalized” from what I can tell.

This is NOT a “she deserved it” thing at all...but she was aggressive. You can’t just be physical with people to get them to do what you want. He should’ve just walked away and let somebody more mature and calmer handle the situation in a different way. I think he got caught in a moment and handled it very poorly, but based on this I don’t think it’s fair to present it as any more than that. When I read “brutalize”, I was expecting something much different.

Last edited:
To me he seems like a guy now who don’t always believe what he’s saying and is doing schtick, where a long time ago he seemed more genuine in his opinions.
Well, he may have learned that from the guy who admitted exactly that, and his old co host, Skip.

I don’t want to come across like I’m defending Hunt in any way...but “brutalizes”? That’s not what I saw.

But at the same time, as far as I know she wasn’t injured? No charges were filed. I’ve seen the video...nobody got “brutalized” from what I can tell.

This is NOT a “she deserved it” thing at all...but she was aggressive. You can’t just be physical with people to get them to do what you want. He should’ve just walked away and let somebody more mature and calmer handle the situation in a different way. I think he got caught in a moment and handled it very poorly, but based on this I don’t think it’s fair to present it as any more than that. When I read “brutalize”, I was expecting something much different.
That’s TMZ for you.

Still, the shove and the kick are - by definition - assault.

That’s TMZ for you.

Still, the shove and the kick are - by definition - assault.

Oh, I agree. He was way out of line and looked determined to get through the people holding him back. Terrible.

Those girls were dumb for still being there. What are you doing?

Alcohol, pro football player and 19 year olds...stupidity all around.

I think I’m talking before that? He was a Sixers reporter in the Iverson era and initially a CNNSI guy. That’s when I first started seeing him. Then he became a general sports reporter and was with ESPN. When was on in NYC? I’m thinking mid 00’s?

Edit: and I should clarify that I think he’s always seemingly been the same guy who was bold and opinionated. It just seemed like at some point he turned the volume up even higher. To me he seems like a guy now who don’t always believe what he’s saying and is doing schtick, where a long time ago he seemed more genuine in his opinions.

The sad thing is that his shtick has been rewarded. Think of of the people that have been dumped at ESPN and yet he keeps climbing upward. He gives me a headache.

Pretty good summation of the situation from what I've seen so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom