NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 116 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

The Chargers could care less about the road, their home games are road games. They will bring the pain on defense. They have weapons on O all over the place. Not saying they'll win, obviously hard to do there, but I wouldn't like this matchup if I were a pats fan. Now I think NE could win in KC
I like the matchup just because Brady vs. Rivers has been 7-0 for Brady and the Patriots are 8-0 at home this year.
The Chargers have talent but they always do stupid things when they play New England.
See this last year.
I think Rivers is a gamer but it’s a matchup I expect to win.
I think the Chiefs at Arrowhead is an auto loss for NE just like Mile High.
Those stadiums kill NE OL.

Patriots have a better secondary than the Chargers. Gilmore was a first team all-pro this year. He can handle K. Allen.
Chargers have a superior front 7.
Chargers win this game if they get ahead. If the Patriots don’t fall behind 2 scores they will be comfortable at home they will win.

We disagree. I like the LAC Charger secondary better. Ton of depth - played 7 DBs last week for 58 snaps - and Derwin James is a baller. Most games are won upfront. LAC has edge on both sides of the ball.

Eli should hire you as his PR rep. You keep wanting to make Eli is still a good QB happening.
It’s just so easy to point out all his strengths and then watch you guys go...uhhh, yards don’t matter, completions don’t matter etc.

Then you all trump guys who are often 1 and done in the few times they get to the playoffs. (Not including tommyboy of course) and pump regular season stats and their 1 shining moment when Eli has 2 and is right there # wise.

I find it hysterical.

We disagree. I like the LAC Charger secondary better. Ton of depth - played 7 DBs last week for 58 snaps - and Derwin James is a baller. Most games are won upfront. LAC has edge on both sides of the ball.
Derwin James is a great player but the Chargers played 7 DBs strictly for speed on the field against the Ravens run offense.
Patriots secondary is led by a first team all pro as well in Gilmore.
Plus McCourty/Chung/McCourty/Jackson/Jones are really good.
PFF has the Patriots secondary 2nd and the Chargers 3rd so both are elite.
You realize for all the crap the Patriots offense gets it scores more points than the Chargers did this year.
The Chargers are a good team but unless they get a fast start I like the Patriots in this game.
While I don’t give the Pats a chance at Kansas City if that is the AFC title game.

It’s just so easy to point out all his strengths and then watch you guys go...uhhh, yards don’t matter, completions don’t matter etc.

Then you all trump guys who are often 1 and done in the few times they get to the playoffs. (Not including tommyboy of course) and pump regular season stats and their 1 shining moment when Eli has 2 and is right there # wise.

I find it hysterical.
Eli hasn’t won a playoff game since 14 days after Barack Obama had his second inauguration.
That is a long time plus his regular season stats since have never been elite since then. He hasn’t played at even a pro bowl level which is top
8 since then.

Eli has stayed healthy though and thus has compiled stats.
The guy is a borderline HOF who is going to get in but he isn’t good now.

So Super Bowl winning head coach Gary Kubiak with 87 career wins is coming back as a coordinator. I’ve never seen a successful HC come back as a coordinator ever.

So Super Bowl winning head coach Gary Kubiak with 87 career wins is coming back as a coordinator. I’ve never seen a successful HC come back as a coordinator ever.
Stress/Health related.Kubiak literally can’t handle the stress of being the HC.
For himself he needs to be a coordinator. They were saying he was getting migraines from the stress.
Elway would make him HC if he could honestly handle it.

Derwin James is a great player but the Chargers played 7 DBs strictly for speed on the field against the Ravens run offense.
Patriots secondary is led by a first team all pro as well in Gilmore.
Plus McCourty/Chung/McCourty/Jackson/Jones are really good.
PFF has the Patriots secondary 2nd and the Chargers 3rd so both are elite.
You realize for all the crap the Patriots offense gets it scores more points than the Chargers did this year.
The Chargers are a good team but unless they get a fast start I like the Patriots in this game.
While I don’t give the Pats a chance at Kansas City if that is the AFC title game.

I think it's a widely held belief that the LAC have better personnel than the NEP. I think you're driving while looking in the rear view mirror. This Patriot team is the weakest I've seen in several years. Brady is not as on point, Gronk is a shell of himself. I do think their running game is better than last year and that may be helpful but I'd be surprised if they control the line of scrimmage.

I think it's a widely held belief that the LAC have better personnel than the NEP. I think you're driving while looking in the rear view mirror. This Patriot team is the weakest I've seen in several years. Brady is not as on point, Gronk is a shell of himself. I do think their running game is better than last year and that may be helpful but I'd be surprised if they control the line of scrimmage.
New England talent is always inferior.
Brady has covered up for Belichick.
Chargers have more talent. The Patriots have beaten teams with better talent by winning turnover margin, coaching staff preparation which is the best in the league by miles and the other team making mistakes.

The Chargers clearly have better talent overall but I expect with a week off Gronk will have some explosion as this is his last rodeo. Patriots OL is better than LAC OL and that makes a difference.
We shall see the Chargers have the better record so they aren’t chopped liver.

New England talent is always inferior.
Brady has covered up for Belichick.
Chargers have more talent. The Patriots have beaten teams with better talent by winning turnover margin, coaching staff preparation which is the best in the league by miles and the other team making mistakes.

The Chargers clearly have better talent overall but I expect with a week off Gronk will have some explosion as this is his last rodeo. Patriots OL is better than LAC OL and that makes a difference.
We shall see the Chargers have the better record so they aren’t chopped liver.

We'll see. LAC won the battle at the line of scrimmage last week and that squad they played has better personnel on both lines than NE.

He piled up some big time stats this year. Looked ok to me.
I think playing 8 home games in Southern California and only two cold weather games helps.
The Chiefs night game which was cold and the Ravens game last week Rivers threw some ducks. His motion has always been that push motion but his arm looked weaker throwing down the field.

We'll see. LAC won the battle at the line of scrimmage last week and that squad they played has better personnel on both lines than NE.
NE OL is better than Baltimore OL.
Baltimore front 7 got pressure on Rivers.
Belichick being able to tell the DL Rivers is immobile and will be throwin gthe ball 5 yards behind the LOS all week will get them prepared exactly for affecting his throws. It’s exactly the attention to details that will help the Pats D.

Chargers have Bosa and Ingram but the NE OL is the best coached unit in the NFL.

NE OL is better than Baltimore OL.
Baltimore front 7 got pressure on Rivers.
Belichick being able to tell the DL Rivers is immobile and will be throwin gthe ball 5 yards behind the LOS all week will get them prepared exactly for affecting his throws. It’s exactly the attention to details that will help the Pats D.

Chargers have Bosa and Ingram but the NE OL is the best coached unit in the NFL.

I pretty much disagree with you across the board. That's cool. We'll find out on Sunday.

We are laughing!!
Dwgw43hX0AEQt-8

I like the underdogs in the first three games and in NO/Philly I think the line looks about right. I really like the Colts with 5.5 and think they win outright. Their OL is excellent and should control the line of scrimmage while their D is underrated.

I don't get the Dallas line. LAR are wildly overrated, have a lousy run defense and Zeke should run all over them. I'm all over that seven tho my only fear is that Dak and the Clapper muck it up. I'd also suspect there will be as many Dallas fans as LA fans so HFA is no big deal.

There is a commonality with these two games. Both favorites peaked a while ago.

Jets are going to hire gase. What a terrible hire McCarthy was begging for the job. Same old jets.

Eli hasn’t won a playoff game since 14 days after Barack Obama had his second inauguration.
That is a long time plus his regular season stats since have never been elite since then. He hasn’t played at even a pro bowl level which is top
8 since then.

Eli has stayed healthy though and thus has compiled stats.
The guy is a borderline HOF who is going to get in but he isn’t good now.
Brees and Ben have won 3 playoff games this decade.

Matt Ryan 4.

Rivers 2. 5 in his career.

Eli 4 this decade.

Let’s nit lose focuse today though, it should be all Jets all the time.

Evan & Joe at 10 will be Dog after the 04 ALCS epic...

Brees and Ben have won 3 playoff games this decade.

Matt Ryan 4.

Rivers 2. 5 in his career.

Eli 4 this decade.

Let’s nit lose focuse today though, it should be all Jets all the time.

Evan & Joe at 10 will be Dog after the 04 ALCS epic...
Brees and Ben have played at pro bowl levels the last 5 years.
Ryan has won an MVP and been a top 10 QB.
Rivers has played at a pro bowl level this year and these past 5 years.
Since 2013 Eli has been a middle of the road to bottom half of the league QB.

Sorry but all those guys you have cited have played at higher level since Eli won his 2nd SB.

I just looked at the careers of Eli, Ben, Rivers it is so laughable how you defend Eli.
NFL Quarterback Win/Loss Records | The Football Database

I give Eli has two SBs those are huge but his seasons are just not ever top of the league. Not one time.
Eli is Joe Flacco with 5 more years playing and more importantly a 2nd SB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom