NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 173 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

So the NFL has some serious choices for the season opener next year.
NY Giants, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Kansas City all come to Gillette next year.

Not a single dud in those 5 for TV ratings.
Odds it will be one of the 3 AFC teams.
KC would have to be better than even money.

NY Giants, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Kansas City all come to Gillette next year.

Anything besides the Chiefs or Browns is a bad decision and probably a year too early for Cleveland.

KC would have to be better than even money.
That would be the team I would want least.
Don’t need to see Mahomes week 1 in great weather.
I wouldn’t mind Baker-Brady week 1.

I can see them taking 1 of the 3 usual punching bags.

Jets and darnold would be quite attractive.

Might take some eyeballs away from what could possibly be 2 Division races for both NY locals and the sux.

I can see them taking 1 of the 3 usual punching bags.

Jets and darnold would be quite attractive.

Might take some eyeballs away from what could possibly be 2 Division races for both NY locals and the sux.
Nah Buffalo/NY Jets/Miami aren’t getting an NBC road national TV game.
Those games on championship banner night would be a greater chance for a blowout.
You need a team with some fight and brings in eyeballs.

Dallas at New England would bring the most eyeballs but Fox won’t want to lose that game to NBC.
NY Giants would bring the NY market, good brand and would be competitive with history.
Pittsburgh would bring a National fanbase, good talent, competitive and history with NE.
Cleveland would have the young studs in their primetime debut on NBC.
Kansas City would bring scoring and AFC title rematch. Mahomes-Brady.
My odds if I was ranking.
1 Kansas City
2. Cleveland
3. Dallas
4. Pittsburgh
5. NY Giants
6. Miami
7. NY Jets
8. Buffalo

If the NFL doesn’t care about Fox the Cowboys could be a contender as they would bring ratings.

They prob want to save the cowboys and giants for October and November. Baker against the champs would be a fun opener.

I read they were thinking about doing Green Bay vs Chicago for the 100th league anniversary

I read they were thinking about doing Green Bay vs Chicago for the 100th league anniversary
That was if LA won.
They didn’t want NO at LA as the season opener.
I don’t see Goodell screwing NE even if it’s the 100th anniversary.

Interesting no worries if they switch.
Banner game has to be primetime though.
No way they bury the SB Champs at 1 or even at 4.

Monday is too crowded on week 1, you’d get SNF.

Don’t skip on the NFL going Wednesday and Thursday of that week if they want.

100 is a big number, they might feel like flexing some muscle.

We may get both.

This way the they could go back to Giants-pokes in SNF for week 1 for the like 100th time as well.

They held the 2nd highest scoring team in the league to 3 points, which is the lowest total in Super Bowl history. Zero red zone plays all night. Given what they did and who they were playing, I am 100% ok with calling it that.

Sorry but you just have no perspective and I would suspect have no familiarity with what went down with the Steelers back in the 1970s. There's a reason why half of that defense is in the HoF. Their defense was off the charts good. They gave up 17 yards rushing on 21 attempts (that's insane) and 102 yards in the air. The Vikings had Chuck Foreman one of the best RBs in the league and Fran Tarkenton another HoFer at QB. Tarkenton was running for his life the entire game.

So if Greg Zuerlein makes that chip shot FG late then everything changes because they then gave up six points? LA threw a lazy pick near the end zone and had two other plays in the end zone that should have gone for six. NE should be lauded for a great game plan and excellent execution but you're el loco if u think that defensive performance exceeded what the Steelers did. LA gained nearly 3x the yardage that Minnesota had in SB IX.

The Patriots had over 420 total yards.
Bill Barnwell in his article said the Rams punter by how well he punted saved the Rams an estimated 6.7 points by field position and how the Patriots moved the ball the whole game and stalled.

If the Rams don’t have Hecker that game is 20-24 for NE and 3 for the Rams based on field position.

The irony with Hekker is that a few of his punts rolled 20-25 yards from where they landed and weren't necessarily good punts. But I get the overall point.

Really don’t want to hear it. I was told as a Saints fan we were all whining after the game 2 weeks ago. The Rams played the worst offensive game anyone had played in 5 years last night. They were awful.
Not mutually exclusive...but they sure did.

Goff played and looked bad, but so did the Patriots. The score was 3-3 with the Rams driving and they called a holding penalty on a 13 yard carry.

They never called such a penalty on the Patriots, they simply don't do that.

First quarter they kept a drive alive, calling a 15-yard Roughness when facing a 3rd and 18...but on the previous drive the Patriots had similarly blown up a "defenseless receiver" for the Rams, a guy who was actually prone from trying to dive and catch the ball.

The Rams have two of the fiercest D-lineman in the league, but their line was called for zero holding penalties in the game. If, on New England's game-winning TD drive they'd thrown a holding flag and brought back a 30-yard completion, that would have been a big deal. And those were not quick hits, they were long-developing plays, so that's not a cop-out.

If they don't flag the Rams, and DO flag the Patriots, there is a high probability the outcome is different.

As for how this "conspiracy" could be kept quiet amongst owners, mgmt and refs, well that's where the Billions of dollars comes in.

And DeflateGate really was an attempt to ease pressure or deflect from the conspiracy. There really is no other explanation for the ridiculousness of that process.
you are right on with all of this...Been saying the same thing. Its funny, people don't read all the details even of Spygate which was a big deal and more involved then everyone thinks. Also some pretty unbiased sites have proven statistically how the Pats benefit and it is an anomaly

They held the 2nd highest scoring team in the league to 3 points, which is the lowest total in Super Bowl history. Zero red zone plays all night. Given what they did and who they were playing, I am 100% ok with calling it that.

Oh btw, the six points Pittsburgh gave up to Minnesota in SB IX came as a result of a blocked punt recovered in the end zone in the 4Q. Then the Vikes missed the XP so their offense failed to score a single point in the game.

It's interesting that this billion dollar industry called Professional football is willing to risk it all to have one team win. When your "findings" are discovered, the entire professional football world will be nothing more than the WWE. And my, how do they keep all of the people who must be in on it quiet? It it truly an insane belief.

Agree and there’s two rubs to that argument:

1) this would be partly the REASON the league is worth so much...guaranteeing that the right teams are good and on TV for the networks to pay billions...I mean that’s like the entire income stream...the NBA does this just through a lack of salary cap, player movement, and yes institutionally favored refereeing for certain teams and players...Harden now, Jordan Kobe and James before

2). Ironically the greater and more valuable the conspiracy, the most unlikely it would be, the greater chance those involved are less likely to break it.

The ratings were down for this game already, you think CBS wouldn’t have a message if it was Buffalo was Arizona?

Agree and there’s two rubs to that argument:

1) this would be partly the REASON the league is worth so much...guaranteeing that the right teams are good and on TV for the networks to pay billions...I mean that’s like the entire income stream...the NBA does this just through a lack of salary cap, player movement, and yes institutionally favored refereeing for certain teams and players...Harden now, Jordan Kobe and James before

2). Ironically the greater and more valuable the conspiracy, the most unlikely it would be, the greater chance those involved are less likely to break it.

The ratings were down for this game already, you think CBS wouldn’t have a message if it was Buffalo was Arizona?
The scope of this conspiracy would make it impossible to keep secret. Quite frankly, it's insane.

The scope of this conspiracy would make it impossible to keep secret. Quite frankly, it's insane.
Shhh. They don't accept that argument. I've made it numerous times. The USA? Sure, someone will talk. The NFL? $$$$$$

Deep state.

I'm thinking of creating a Ridiculous Conspiracy Theory forum.

I dont want to tank for Tua. Its the wrong qb damnit

Shhh. They don't accept that argument. I've made it numerous times. The USA? Sure, someone will talk. The NFL? $$$$$$

Deep state.

I'm thinking of creating a Ridiculous Conspiracy Theory forum.

The sad part is how obsessed they are with it. It. Imagine watching games just to “catch” the refs the. Digging through data afterwards. Oh by the way never with it in mind that coaching and execution can be a factor.

If he watched how the sausage was made with regards to how detail oriented Belichick is he would understand.
To become a candidate to work for Belichick you spend years just watching film and cutting it up.
Every play in every game is dissected and then anything that can help the team with its current week is used.

Belichick came up with the idea for the 4 man line because he had someone watching a Titans-Jets game and a similar formation was used by the Titans and then he saw Alabama and Nick Saban use it against LSU with the RB being ineligible.

Belichick will break down every referee in every week each spot and will have every single penalty that referee has thrown in a cut so that he can give it to that those position coaches and is prepared.
Belichick takes the job to the extremes extreme in having his underlings prepare his team.
Chris Simms did the job for 2 years and he left because of how much work was involved.

The Patriots are the best coached team by miles every situation is covered and prepared for by the staff.
However we all know the only reason they win is because Kraft and Goodell are best friends and Goodell owes Kraft. It doesn’t matter Jerry Jones or Art Rooney have just as much power.

I mean Goodell wouldn’t have let the. Buffalo Bills make 4 SBs in a row like they did from 1990-93.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom