NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 174 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Brady is on Mt Rushmore. Is he the greatest? It’s arguable with him and a few. But without Belicheck I am not sure. He is the true GOAT, hands down.

Tomorrow I expect you to comport yourself in a proper manner and root for your fellow NFC brethren. The national media has been taking shots at our division and we need to band together.

LOL, The NFC East isn’t the ACC.

Iggs winning won’t bring Dallas enough cash to fire Jerry.

Teams in that division won all the Super Bowls without having elite QBs(other than maybe Aikman) because the defenses were so nasty.

And that doesn’t even include the choking ass loser ass Eagles who even I can admit had nasty defenses...in some years, the best in the division which by default meant best in the league.(team still never won playoff games though - because of the garlic pored angsty fans and meathead coaches)
Salary Cap Era negates that division stuff.
1970s Steelers kept their core players.
1980s 49ers kept their core players.
1990s Cowboys kept their core players.
Brady had 2 dynasties in one run. Don’t know if it’s over. I do believe he is coming back but it’s not certain.
They had 3 titles in 4 years with a balanced team Ty Law, Richard Seymour, Willie McGinest, Tedy bruschi, his weapons were mediocre Troy Brown, David Patten, Antwan Smith, Christian Fauria, one season of Corey Dillon
Second dynasty he had more offensive help. Gronk, Edelman, White.

All while losing a lot of talent each year. If there is no salary cap the team probably wins even more. Those NFC East teams didn’t have to worry about the cap. Harry Carson or Carl Banks get paid in FA the Giants can’t keep them all. LT eats up a lot of your cap.

Sheet I'm a raving moderate compared to a typical Eagles fan. During the last three minutes of the game last week at Met Life all u heard was Dallas sucks chants.

I know.

I went to Lehigh and lived with 3 Iggs fans:

1 from South Jersey, 1 Bucks County, 1 Philly proper.

The Philly resident was the most sane.

Great guys who had the misfortune of attending college ‘94-‘98!

Montana scared me more. And he usually lost to us too, when it counted so there’s no bias on that level.
Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Tom Rathman, Roger Craig, Brent Jones helped as well.
Brady had Gronk and Edelman and role players.
Jerry Rice is the greatest WR of alltime.

Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Tom Rathman, Roger Craig, Brent Jones helped as well.
Brady had Gronk and Edelman and role players.
Jerry Rice is the greatest WR of alltime.

Randy Moss?

My prediction is Brady resigns with the Patriots.
They give up their first round pick to Cleveland for OBJ.
They sign multiple TEs in FA.
Andréws come back at C.
They sign a swing tackle and are in contention next year.

Montana scared me more. And he usually lost to us too, when it counted so there’s no bias on that level.

I always thought Montana & Marino were the best QBs from that era.

Elway was elite but choked like a mofo until Terrel Davis won him a few SBs.

Jim Kelly was awesome but I always discounted the AFC because they couldn’t win a SB for what, 15, 20 straight years??

My prediction is Brady resigns with the Patriots.
They give up their first round pick to Cleveland for OBJ.
They sign multiple TEs in FA.
Andréws come back at C.
They sign a swing tackle and are in contention next year.

OBJ is limping and acting like a beeyotch by week 8, regardless of where he plays.

Randy Moss?
Look at what Brady did with Moss that one season. He was hurt in 2008 and coming back from ACL injury in 2009.

Brady-Moss did things Montana-Rice didn’t.
That 2007 was video game numbers.
50 TDs for Brady and 22 TDs for Moss.

If Brady had that this entire career OMG. No team could play single high safety against them.

Jim Kelly was awesome but I always discounted the AFC because they couldn’t win a SB for what, 15, 20 straight years??

I couldn’t agree more.

And Montana being so great and Young being stuck on the same team is what keeps Young from being mentioned with the GOATs.

Elway was the best QB from that Era IMO.
Look at those Broncos teams he dragged to the SB in the 80’s.
They were mediocre. Not much talent. He won the AFC 3 times and faced tough teams in the SB.
Montana gets all this love and he should he is prototype for Tom Brady.
Elite coach, crap division, and won games.
Brady just did it with more success.

Look at what Brady did with Moss that one season. He was hurt in 2008 and coming back from ACL injury in 2009.

Brady-Moss did things Montana-Rice didn’t.
That 2007 was video game numbers.
50 TDs for Brady and 22 TDs for Moss.

If Brady had that this entire career OMG. No team could play single high safety against them.

I mean...yeah. But, different eras and all.

I was just pointing out that Brady had more than Gronk and Edelman. Wes Welker was better than John Taylor.

I couldn’t agree more.

And Montana being so great and Young being stuck on the same team is what keeps Young from being mentioned with the GOATs.

Those late 80s/early 90s Niners teams were just as stacked the Cowboys.

Their OL, defense, skill talent.

And Montana was the most clutch QB.

I mean...yeah. But, different eras and all.

I was just pointing out that Brady had more than Gronk and Edelman. Wes Welker was better than John Taylor.
Brady didn’t have as much as Montana and the reason is easy and obvious the salary cap.
I think Taylor is on par with Walker/Edelman it’s just a different era for weapons with him.
Taylor would be like Reggie Wayne if he played in this era.
Taylor made the all decade team for the 1980s. He was really good.

If the Bills has Fitzpatrick. Pretty sure they win by two TDS

Elway was the best QB from that Era IMO.
Look at those Broncos teams he dragged to the SB in the 80’s.
They were mediocre. Not much talent. He won the AFC 3 times and faced tough teams in the SB.
Montana gets all this love and he should he is prototype for Tom Brady.
Elite coach, crap division, and won games.
Brady just did it with more success.

Elway had talent around him but Dan Reeves was that era’s version of Andy Reid.

Elway suffers from not being as good a passer as Marino was (and gagging in too many SBs in his prime).

He was Bizarro Montana before TD.

Brady didn’t have as much as Montana and the reason is easy and obvious the salary cap.
I think Taylor is on par with Walker/Edelman it’s just a different era for weapons with him.
Taylor would be like Reggie Wayne if he played in this era.
Taylor made the all decade team for the 1980s. He was really good.

All decade team for the 80s? How? He came in the league in 87?

Hold the phone. He choked?? He was taking a rag tag group of no name offensive players to SB's on the regular, where they had no business being. Do you know how many skilled offensive players ever made the pro bowl on those teams? 1 year '86 Sammy Winder, 1 year Gaston Green, 1 year Bobby Humphrey. That's it! Elway did more with less than anyone until Brady showed up. He was the complete opposite of Aikman. Elway drug his teams to the SB on his back, Aikman's teams got him there.
edit; nvm on Gaston or Bobby, they were from the era but neither were pro bowlers during the 3 SB seasons. So he had 1 pro bowl skilled position player, 1 season on any of the 3 SB's they got blown out in. Not a single pro bowl wr, that's nothing less than incredible. Quick, look up pro bowlers surrounding Montana and Aikman.

Last edited:
OK, as a punt returner. Based on one season, where he didn’t even start at WR.
He was still a stud player. Taylor is a borderline HOFer.
He is on par with Edelman and Welker.
He is playing with the GOAT WR as well. Those SF teams were loaded.

Hold the phone. He choked?? He was taking a rag tag group of no name offensive players to SB's on the regular, where they had no business being. Do you know how many skilled offensive players ever made the pro bowl on those teams? 1 year '86 Sammy Winder, 1 year Gaston Green, 1 year Bobby Humphrey. That's it! Elway did more with less than anyone until Brady showed up. He was the complete opposite of Aikman. Elway drug his teams to the SB on his back, Aikman's teams got him there.

What else do you call it when a team goes to 3 “finals” in 4 years and loses.

It’s not Elway’s fault the AFC sucked in the 80s and most of the 90s.

His signature playoff win, in his prime, was against the Browns.

Bernie Kosar and Ernest Byner were a plucky bunch but I don’t think they’re HOFers.

Elway was a great QB. I don’t think he was the best of that era.

And I don’t think it’s wrong to say a guy who leads his team to the SB 3 times in 4 years choked.

It’s harsh, but it’s true.

Ask Kaiser if McNabb going to 4 consecutive NFC Championship games isn’t choking...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom