NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 175 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

And I don’t think it’s wrong to say a guy who leads his team to the SB 3 times in 4 years choked.
That's insane. So 22 players and his heroics get them there and then they lose it's on him? I couldn't care less what Kaiser thinks about McNabb, and it wasn't the same at all. My eyes tell me what stats don't.

What else do you call it when a team goes to 3 “finals” in 4 years and loses.

It’s not Elway’s fault the AFC sucked in the 80s and most of the 90s.

His signature playoff win, in his prime, was against the Browns.

Bernie Kosar and Ernest Byner were a plucky bunch but I don’t think they’re HOFers.

Elway was a great QB. I don’t think he was the best of that era.

And I don’t think it’s wrong to say a guy who leads his team to the SB 3 times in 4 years choked.

It’s harsh, but it’s true.

Ask Kaiser if McNabb going to 4 consecutive NFC Championship games isn’t choking...

To me Elway was always top 5 of his era...but closer to 5 than 1.

The Giants and Niners definitely had better teams than the Broncos.

Washington probably did too especially given how Williams rose to the occasion.

Wow. Patriots were 1-4 vs winning teams non conference and 9-1 vs teams .500 or worse.

Those teams were buzz saws laying in wait. We always played that dumbass prevent defense. Put Elway on the 49ers and they win more SB's than Montana could with them.

That's insane. So 22 players and his heroics get them there and then they lose it's on him? I couldn't care less what Kaiser thinks about McNabb, and it wasn't the same at all. My eyes tell me what stats don't.

Thank you, that’s the same way I think of Elway.

Elite QB but not the best of his era.

Wow. Patriots were 1-4 vs winning teams non conference and 9-1 vs teams .500 or worse.
They beat the Bills twice.
The team was flawed. No doubt about it. Antonio Brown was the missing piece and he was a moron.
They will be a contender next year if Brady comes back.
They need a couple of weapons.

QBs always get more blame or credit than they deserve.

I agree that if Elway had more surrounding talent he would’ve won more.

He should’ve forced the Colts to trade him to SF instead of Denver.

Bill Walsh contemplated trading Joe Montana and trading up for Elway in the 1983 draft.
He didn’t pull the trigger but he debated it.
Elway is one of the greatest QBs of alltime.
He had not a lot of support and got Denver to 3 SBs then at the tail end of his career had a great core and won 2 SBs.

Elway is top 5 alltime for me.

They beat the Bills twice.
The team was flawed. No doubt about it. Antonio Brown was the missing piece and he was a moron.
They will be a contender next year if Brady comes back.
They need a couple of weapons.

McDaniels to the Giants...Brady to Giants...gronk comes out of retirement and joins giants...AB to Giants as well serves suspension..returns for huge second half ...giants win superbowl.

McDaniels to the Giants...Brady to Giants...gronk comes out of retirement and joins giants...AB to Giants as well serves suspension..returns for huge second half ...giants win superbowl.
Gronk can’t come out of retirement and play anywhere except NE.
They own his rights. He retired with time left on his deal.

The Giants have Daniel Jones.

If you said Dallas it would make some sense since Dak is a FA.

Gronk can’t come out of retirement and play anywhere except NE.
They own his rights. He retired with time left on his deal.

The Giants have Daniel Jones.

If you said Dallas it would make some sense since Dak is a FA.

im trolling

I don’t believe tonight was the end of Tom Brady playing football.
Unless McDaniels goes to a team that needs a QB he will be back in New England IMO.
They need to add some weapons and fix the OL but they were beaten in a clean game tonight.
Not to turn this into the 24/7 Patriots thread, but this was probably the least talented Patriots team since Belichick's first year in NE. As GM, BB should be taking a lot of the blame for this early exit.

Almost as if he's trying to win with as little talent as possible.

ENhgwbHXkAEaL4T

This is being a Patriots fan since 2000 and yet a reporter asked Belichick about fans being with the team through thick and thin. I can’t imagine how a fan of the Bills like Jeremy would think of that.

I love Belichick’s response.

For Orange79 that BTW is a Boston Globe columnist. She is so out of touch with this region’s sports fans. Way to have the pulse Tara!!

Last edited:
ENhgwbHXkAEaL4T

This is being a Patriots fan since 2000 and yet a reporter asked Belichick about fans being with the team through thick and thin. I can’t imagine how a fan of the Bills like Jeremy would think of that.

For Orange79 that BTW is a Boston Globe columnist. She is so out of touch with this region’s sports fans. Way to have the pulse Tara!!

Was he speaking about the team or her? I’m confused lol.

Was he speaking about the team or her? I’m confused lol.
She was trying to claim the fans have had it hard.
I loved Belichick’s response.
The team could go 0-16 for the next 2 years and I wouldn’t complain.
Patriots fans have put up with no thin except crappy coverage from its media.

Elway was the best QB from that Era IMO.
Look at those Broncos teams he dragged to the SB in the 80’s.
They were mediocre. Not much talent. He won the AFC 3 times and faced tough teams in the SB.
Montana gets all this love and he should he is prototype for Tom Brady.
Elite coach, crap division, and won games.
Brady just did it with more success.

No offense but my sense is that you were no older than 10 when Montana was in his prime.

Not to turn this into the 24/7 Patriots thread, but this was probably the least talented Patriots team since Belichick's first year in NE. As GM, BB should be taking a lot of the blame for this early exit.

Almost as if he's trying to win with as little talent as possible.

Hey I thought they had the greatest defense of all time?

ENhgwbHXkAEaL4T

That's the question she asked after that game? Even if all your other questions have already been asked, you don't HAVE to ask something. It's ok to just be quiet. Bill was quite restrained in his response.

I liked the hand shake between Vrabel and BB at the end. A warm exchange between coach and former player. lol

That's the question she asked after that game? Even if all your other questions have already been asked, you don't HAVE to ask something. It's ok to just be quiet. Bill was quite restrained in his response.
Boston media are vultures.
They don’t cover the team well.

McDaniels isn't a giants type coach.

Since week 8

Jets 6-3
Dolphins 5-4
Bills 5-5
Pats 4-5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics