NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 173 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

LOL, that seriously was my first thought but I didn’t want to go too far.
Because it is stupid. The guy’s resume is elite. TD passes, QB rating, TD-INT ratio, passing yards, all-pro seasons, regular season MVPs.

Hate the team. Questioning the guy’s ability to play in another era is stupid.
NFL FA didn’t become serious till the early 90s and Reggie White to Green Bay.
Those teams in 80s early 90s didn’t deal with salary cap. They kept their teams.
Troy Aikman didn’t have a single all-pro season. He was good but never first team all-pro.

Brady has played thru numerous injuries he doesn’t talk about. The guy is tough. He played less than a quarter of all his games in a Dome and played in the Northeast.
Rip the team but my god Brady is the reason they have been elite.

Already talked to him.

And they’re also talking to another unsuccessful former NFL HC, Mike McCarthy.

Dallas won’t have another lost decade.

And Philly will eventually revert to its historical place as the choke artists of the NFC East.

It may start tomorrow!

They've had two lost decades. Whether they have a third will depend on which HC they hire. They've also got some big decisions to make with regard to signing Dak and Cooper. Meanwhile Carsy-cakes is getting ready to put his crew of practice teamers on his back again to stave off elimination one more time.

It’s not an insult to be Aikman by any means. But that guy got the crap kicked out of him and it had his career length and prime length at far different levels. Different era, different type of ball...similar talent levels IMO.

I understood you weren’t throwing a shot on Aikman and I agree 100%.

Brady is far more athletic than Aikman was but most QBs from that era got the stuffing kicked outta them.

Not even Montana got the NFL to change the rules to protect him after he suffered a career changing hit.

Because it is stupid. The guy’s resume is elite. TD passes, QB rating, TD-INT ratio, passing yards, all-pro seasons, regular season MVPs.

Hate the team. Questioning the guy’s ability to play in another era is stupid.
NFL FA didn’t become serious till the early 90s and Reggie White to Green Bay.
Those teams in 80s early 90s didn’t deal with salary cap. They kept their teams.
Troy Aikman didn’t have a single all-pro season. He was good but never first team all-pro.

Brady has played thru numerous injuries he doesn’t talk about. The guy is tough. He played less than a quarter of all his games in a Dome and played in the Northeast.
Rip the team but my god Brady is the reason they have been elite.

I didn’t question his ability to play. Troy Aikman was a top 3-5 QB in his prime and hall of famer.

There’s not a QB in NFL history who was surviving at a high level of play much past 33, let alone 43 in that era of football...particularly that era of the NFC East.

All this “GOAT” stuff has zero context. It’s not the same game. And I’m not complaining that it should still be like that. Just pointing out what I feel is the obvious.

They've had two lost decades. Whether they have a third will depend on which HC they hire. They've also got some big decisions to make with regard to signing Dak and Cooper. Meanwhile Carsy-cakes is getting ready to put his crew of practice teamers on his back again to stave off elimination one more time.

Only an Iggs fan would talk smack against Dallas on the eve of Carsy-cakes first playoff start.

Act like you’ve been there before.

Even if your QB hasn’t.

I understood you weren’t throwing a shot on Aikman and I agree 100%.

Brady is far more athletic than Aikman was but most QBs from that era got the stuffing kicked outta them.

Not even Montana got the NFL to change the rules to protect him after he suffered a career changing hit.

That hit on Montana by the Giants in the NFC title game was vicious, but clean.

Sure it’s because the Pats and their fans are in my head but I don’t care. I’m a Bills fan and I consider today to be a good day overall.

That hit on Montana by the Giants in the NFC title game was vicious, but clean.

For sure. And nobody thought anything of it because it was common during that era.

The result was uncommon but the type of blindside sack was a regular occurrence.

What makes Brady amazing is that the offensive cast around him constantly changes yet he took them deep into Jan and Feb year after year. Guy has had numerous OC's and it really doesn't matter. Sheet he won SBs with Charlie Weis. That alone calls for his own separate wing in the HoF.

I didn’t question his ability to play. Troy Aikman was a top 3-5 QB in his prime and hall of famer.

There’s not a QB in NFL history who was surviving at a high level of play much past 33, let alone 43 in that era of football...particularly that era of the NFC East.

All this “GOAT” stuff has zero context. It’s not the same game. And I’m not complaining that it should still be like that. Just pointing out what I feel is the obvious.
QBs have been protected in this Era there is zero doubt about that.
I don’t think QBs lasted in that Division because many were not good.
Washington won 3 SBs with 3 different QBs.

The Giants had Simms who wasn’t elite. He was a top 10 QB in the league when he played that wasn’t elite.

The Cowboys OL made their offense elite. Nate Newton, and Larry Allen made Emmitt Smith the rushing leader.
Aikman was a good game manager.

The best QBs from that era Dan Marino, John Elway, Jim Kelly were all in the AFC and they lasted 15 years+ into the late 30s.

The NFC was Aikman and Young before Favre played till forever.

Only an Iggs fan would talk smack against Dallas on the eve of Carsy-cakes first playoff start.

Act like you’ve been there before.

Even if your QB hasn’t.

Can u think of a better time to talk smack?

I'm following my ten day rule of not gloating after a Birds victory over the Cowboys. Time has elapsed. I've got a feeling we'll be playing in Santa Clara next weekend.

The Giants had Simms who wasn’t elite. He was a top 10 QB in the league when he played that wasn’t elite.

The Cowboys OL made their offense elite. Nate Newton, and Larry Allen made Emmitt Smith the rushing leader.

The best QBs from that era Dan Marino, John Elway, Jim Kelly were all in the AFC and they lasted 15 years+ into the late 30s.

There was a guy named Montana that was pretty good back then, too.

I agree with this but Brady is the greatest of all time.

He played in the bubble wrap era and has never intentionally grounded the ball.

Despite all of that, there will never be another QB to have his level of post season success unless they make it flag football or two hand touch.

Key play for Tenn was picking up the 3rd&8 on their 15. Thought that illegal formation before that was going to doom them.. Did Romo say the guy moved backwards, that's not what the replay showed.

Teams in that division won all the Super Bowls without having elite QBs(other than maybe Aikman) because the defenses were so nasty.

And that doesn’t even include the choking ass loser ass Eagles who even I can admit had nasty defenses...in some years, the best in the division which by default meant best in the league.(team still never won playoff games though - because of the garlic pored angsty fans and meathead coaches)

Teams in that division won all the Super Bowls without having elite QBs(other than maybe Aikman) because the defenses were so nasty.

And that doesn’t even include the choking ass loser ass Eagles who even I can admit had nasty defenses...in some years, the best in the division which by default meant best in the league.(team still never won playoff games though - because of the garlic pored angsty fans and meathead coaches)

Sounds like somebody is salty cuz his squad has lost 20 of their last 24 games to its rival (I use that term loosely).

I agree with this but Brady is the greatest of all time.

He played in the bubble wrap era and has never intentionally grounded the ball.

Despite all of that, there will never be another QB to have his level of post season success unless they make it flag football or two hand touch.

Montana scared me more. And he usually lost to us too, when it counted so there’s no bias on that level.

Can u think of a better time to talk smack?

I'm following my ten day rule of not gloating after a Birds victory over the Cowboys. Time has elapsed. I've got a feeling we'll be playing in Santa Clara next weekend.

Let me put it this way...

When Dallas hosts it’s next playoff game, the last thing I will give two figs about is any divisional opponents’ offseason decisions.

Would’ve thought Philly’s only SB victory would’ve fixed this among the cheesesteak heads but I see otherwise.

Sounds like somebody is salty cuz his squad has lost 20 of their 24 games to its rival (I use that term loosely).

I said you had the best defense in the league a couple times. Do you know how much it takes for me to say something nice about the Eagles?

Tomorrow I expect you to comport yourself in a proper manner and root for your fellow NFC East brethren. The national media has been taking shots at our division and we need to band together.

Kinda makes me happy that a team can win a playoff game while throwing for 72 yards.

Can only hope tomorrow’s games are as competitive as today’s.

Let me put it this way...

When Dallas hosts it’s next playoff game, the last thing I will give two figs about is any divisional opponents’ offseason decisions.

Would’ve thought Philly’s only SB victory would’ve fixed this among the cheesesteak heads but I see otherwise.

Sheet I'm a raving moderate compared to a typical Eagles fan. During the last three minutes of the game last week at Met Life all u heard was Dallas sucks chants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom