NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

2 first round picks, a second round pick for Tunsil and Stills is insanity.
The Dolphins are going to be really good 2-3 years.
Reshad Jones is next. Tunsil was the lockerroom and stills was close with the db’s.

In 2 years they are going to be ridiculously young and who knows what they actually turn those picks into. Miss on a QB and they are still completely irrelevant. Will certainly be bad enough to have a shot at Tua or Herbert or possibly Trevor if they kick the can down the road.

What the hell are they doing? This is the type of pick package required to improve draft position if a franchise qB is available...and they get an above average LT who is only under contract through next year?

I bet there are about 20 other teams that are crying...saying they would have given up similar value for just a first and second...or maybe even just a first...

and to make matters worse...you basically go ALL IN on this type of move for your offense, yet then trade Clowney for squat...they could have just kept Clowney and let him walk next year, and have gotten a 3rd round comp pick anyway? all in on one side of the ball, all out on the other side? This is negligence.

What the hell are they doing? This is the type of pick package required to improve draft position if a franchise qB is available...and they get an above average LT who is only under contract through next year?

I bet there are about 20 other teams that are crying...saying they would have given up similar value for just a first and second...or maybe even just a first...

and to make matters worse...you basically go ALL IN on this type of move for your offense, yet then trade Clowney for squat...they could have just kept Clowney and let him walk next year, and have gotten a 3rd round comp pick anyway? all in on one side of the ball, all out on the other side? This is negligence.

That's what happens when Billy O'Brien is your interim GM.

Shocked nobody posted an update that Zeke is now signed for the next 8 years and Goff got $110 million guaranteed.

That's a lot of money for a QB that we aren't even sure is good.
Goff surpassing Wentz deal is just going to make Dak say middle of the road QBs are getting top 5 money so he won’t sign for less.

These QB contracts are going insane.

Almost 82% of Goff’s contract includes guaranteed money as Well.
110 million guaranteed is just stupid.
He didn’t give them a discount. Either Jeff Fisher is that bad a coach or Goff is better than I thought.

Zeke actually won his holdout.
He got more guaranteed money 50 million than Gurley got in 45.
He won’t see close to the 90 million he signed for but he moved the goalpost for RBs. I don’t see any RBs in the near future getting more than Zeke just got.
He had 2 years left on his deal and he got this really good deal.

Am I alone here or does Dak not impress anyone else?

Dak reminds me of Alex Smith before Kapernick took his job.
He is serviceable and able to make plays for his team but he isn’t a guy I fear to win multiple playoff games.

I mean he is better than somebody like Kirk Cousins who got 81 million dollars guaranteed but I wouldn’t put in the top 10.
However guys like Jimmy Garoppolo got paid doing far less than what Dak has shown he can do.

Dak should take 25-30 million per year and be happy. Him shooting for top 5 money is just stupid but he does have some leverage. If he doesn’t sign and Dallas doesn’t franchise him he will get the same money he would get than signing right now and if Dallas franchises him he get top 5 money for atleast 1 year.

Dak reminds me of Alex Smith before Kapernick took his job.
He is serviceable and able to make plays for his team but he isn’t a guy I fear to win multiple playoff games.

I mean he is better than somebody like Kirk Cousins who got 81 million dollars guaranteed but I wouldn’t put in the top 10.
However guys like Jimmy Garoppolo got paid doing far less than what Dak has shown he can do.

Dak should take 25-30 million per year and be happy. Him shooting for top 5 money is just stupid but he does have some leverage. If he doesn’t sign and Dallas doesn’t franchise him he will get the same money he would get than signing right now and if Dallas franchises him he get top 5 money for atleast 1 year.
He’s digging himself the scapegoat hole. We all know whats going to happen. Dallas loses in the first round and Dak gets the finger pointed at him.

At worst Dak is the 2nd best QB in the NFC east and his stats with Wentz are nearly identical.

At worst Dak is the 2nd best QB in the NFC east and his stats with Wentz are nearly identical.
I agree in the W/L category.
I think Wentz needs to stay healthy and the Eagles paid him because he had all the leverage after they let Foles go.
Wentz probably wins or finishes 2nd in the MVP in 2017 if he doesn’t tear his ACL.
His rehab and pushing himself too much to comeback last year is why he got the stress fracture in the back and ended last year.
He now needs to stay healthy.

I think Zeke being the focal of the Cowboys offense helps Dak.

I agree in the W/L category.
I think Wentz needs to stay healthy and the Eagles paid him because he had all the leverage after they let Foles go.
Wentz probably wins or finishes 2nd in the MVP in 2017 if he doesn’t tear his ACL.
His rehab and pushing himself too much to comeback last year is why he got the stress fracture in the back and ended last year.
He now needs to stay healthy.

I think Zeke being the focal of the Cowboys offense helps Dak.

Could be right, but Wentz has better receivers and Dak has a higher yards per attempt and adjusted yards per attempt than Wentz while having a lower interception percentage. It’s a lot closer than people think.

Th only video I saw was a too long run up to the FG. I think she could do it, but with work.

She’s 37 though??

A 37 year old with zero kicking experience is going to be able to come in and take the job of someone that is likely younger and that has been kicking for much longer?

Seems like an extreme long shot.

She’s 37 though??

A 37 year old with zero kicking experience is going to be able to come in and take the job of someone that is likely younger and that has been kicking for much longer?

Seems like an extreme long shot.

It's the kicker position. Age isn't really a thing.

Having said that, I don't foresee this working out, just don't think age is the deciding factor.

Could be right, but Wentz has better receivers and Dak has a higher yards per attempt and adjusted yards per attempt than Wentz while having a lower interception percentage. It’s a lot closer than people think.

Wentz was seriously hobbled last year and it compromised his performance. In 2017 he was the clear MVP prior to getting hurt in early December. If that guy shows up again then any comparisons with Dak will be one-sided in Wentz' favor.

It's the kicker position. Age isn't really a thing.

Having said that, I don't foresee this working out, just don't think age is the deciding factor.

It certainly doesn’t help her.

Not to mention, her window to grow and improve is much shorter. I don’t see it happening.

Wentz was seriously hobbled last year and it compromised his performance. In 2017 he was the clear MVP prior to getting hurt in early December. If that guy shows up again then any comparisons with Dak will be one-sided in Wentz' favor.

Outside of touchdowns his season last year was very similar. I am not saying Wentz is bad. I am not saying Dak is bad. I think they are both above average, but Dak gets ripped a lot more than Wentz for whatever reason. Statistically their stats through first 3 seasons are very similar. I can understand why Dak wants to get paid based on what Wentz received. I do think Eagle fans and NFL expert types talk him up to be the next Aaron Rodgers, but he still has a long way to go before he reaches that level.

Outside of touchdowns his season last year was very similar. I am not saying Wentz is bad. I am not saying Dak is bad. I think they are both above average, but Dak gets ripped a lot more than Wentz for whatever reason. Statistically their stats through first 3 seasons are very similar. I can understand why Dak wants to get paid based on what Wentz received. I do think Eagle fans and NFL expert types talk him up to be the next Aaron Rodgers, but he still has a long way to go before he reaches that level.

In 2017 Wentz played as well as any other QB in the NFL. In 2018 he was coming off two ligament tears and then sustained a serious back injury. It had an impact on his performance so comparing him to anybody last year is not very instructive. Let's see how the two of them do this season.

In 2017 Wentz played as well as any other QB in the NFL. In 2018 he was coming off two ligament tears and then sustained a serious back injury. It had an impact on his performance so comparing him to anybody last year is not very instructive. Let's see how the two of them do this season.

I wouldn't say that. I think Brady definitely had the better season and I could argue for a few others as well. He had 33 touchdowns which led the league, but touchdowns can be a fluky stat. Some teams run a lot near the goal line. Philly never really runs the ball so he has an advantage there

He completed 60% of his passes which was 24th in the league. He finished outside the Top 10 in Yards per attempt. I think he's good, I just don't think he has reached elite status yet.

I’ve been telling everyone for years that dak is like he’s the love child of brady, Peyton and elway.

You’re nuts.

It certainly doesn’t help her.

Not to mention, her window to grow and improve is much shorter. I don’t see it happening.
The improvement will be exponential, compared to long time kickers.
Anyone else remember people making fun of Stenarud and the Gogalaks(so?)for the funny kicking styles?

Other than Donald, all of the extensions the Rams gave out are insane. Good luck with the offensive line and the rest of the defense.

I wouldn't say that. I think Brady definitely had the better season and I could argue for a few others as well. He had 33 touchdowns which led the league, but touchdowns can be a fluky stat. Some teams run a lot near the goal line. Philly never really runs the ball so he has an advantage there

He completed 60% of his passes which was 24th in the league. He finished outside the Top 10 in Yards per attempt. I think he's good, I just don't think he has reached elite status yet.

There's a reason why he was the odds-on favorite to win the MVP right before his injury. He played exceptionally well. 33/7 is the stat that jumps out to me. He was an elite QB in 2017.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom