NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

New Orleans exposed Seattle.
Seattle has been way too mediocre on both sides of the ball and Saints special teams/defense dominated them.
Also notice how the Saints don’t let Metcalf run vertical routes with free releases.

It would be interesting to know how far out-of-market you have to be. For example, would JeremyCuse in Syracuse be able to view a Bills game? Or are all Bills games broadcast there?

Through the app you get whatever local games are available via fox and cbs. It's nice if your away from a tv for some reason, I watched some of the Bill's vs Jets on it. However, it goes by your location so your not going to get an out of market game.

Through the app you get whatever local games are available via fox and cbs. It's nice if your away from a tv for some reason, I watched some of the Bill's vs Jets on it. However, it goes by your location so your not going to get an out of market game.
I'm not sure what you're saying. I was able to get the NYG game on the app, and I'm OOM for them.

I'm not sure what you're saying. I was able to get the NYG game on the app, and I'm OOM for them.
The game on in Boston/New england was NYG-TB that may have been why you could see it on the app. They didn’t have an early 1pm game on Fox.

I am in RI this weekend after the SU game and the game was on my local Fox. So people in NE could watch it on the app.

I guess we'll see next week. The NFL commercial said you could watch OOM games for free on the NFL app.
1569196240785.gif

I believe Syracuse is part of the Buffalo market. Teams control the 90 miles closest to them.
I think Buffalo is slightly further than that but Buffalo Bills games were the weekly game when I was student during the 2000s.

Here's an AP article from 1998 explaining why Syracuse is within the Buffalo market. It's because a small part of Yates County is within 75 miles of Buffalo and also within the Syracuse television stations range.

That was likely the local game for you this week. It was up here plus the New Orleans vs Seattle game, both were on the app

I am convinced all these penalties are because coaching sucks.
Watch a Pats game you don’t see all these penalties on either team.

You can’t go 3 plays without a penalty in a Browns game. It’s coaching.

Too bad Philly got clowned by the Lions.

I, for one, am going to miss bpo57 reminding the board this week that the Eagles are the greatest NFL franchise of all time, and the best franchise in all of pro sports. Ever!

Too bad Philly got clowned by the Lions.

I, for one, am going to miss bpo57 reminding the board this week that the Eagles are the greatest NFL franchise of all time, and the best franchise in all of pro sports. Ever!
Philly was just sloppy all around. Wentz too many turnovers. Their D couldn't contain the Lions.

That was a bad loss for the Eagles considering they are going to Lombardi on Thursday Night.
Dallas is in the driver's seat for the East.

Philly was just sloppy all around. Wentz too many turnovers. Their D couldn't contain the Lions.

That was a bad loss for the Eagles considering they are going to Lombardi on Thursday Night.

They can’t lose like that at home.

Fortunately for them, it is early. Plenty of time to recover.

NFC is deeper than the AFC.
Dallas, Green Bay, San Francisco 3-0 and LA Rams are 2-0 in a tight game.
Detroit, New Orleans, Seattle, Minnesota are 2-1. Chicago could get to 2-1 tomorrow night.

Philadelphia, Atlanta better their chit together quickly.

It’s not just penalties. It’s the reviews too. It’s just as bad, if not worse in college. The Syracuse game Saturday was incredibly painful to sit through and we scored 52 points!! There’s already a lot of downtime in football, but there’s more and more added every year.

Detroit, New Orleans, Seattle, Minnesota are 2-1. Chicago could get to 2-1 tomorrow night.

Saints are going to luck out on some of these non-Brees games. I thought they would lose yesterday, but the defense stepped up. Something is missing from Seattle. They should be a lot better than that.

Don't be giving the Lions an L!

Since this is Bills vs. Patriots week I can't wait for all the conspiracy theories about to hit this thread

Since this is Bills vs. Patriots week I can't wait for all the conspiracy theories about to hit this thread
This week is a lose/lose for Patriots fans. Our rivals aren't teams on the field anymore. It is the local Boston sports media who just hate the fact the team is good and want to complain.

So here is what will happen. Buffalo wins and Ben Volin can shame NE for losing to such a weak opponent, and ask how they can possibly play that way against Pat Mahomes and expect to win or the Patriots win and Volin gets to write how can we evaluate this Patriots team when they haven't played a real QB. Either way he and the local media get to troll Patriots fans.

If the Bills were as good as the Patriots I don't think Bills fans local media coverage would troll the hell out of the team.

This week is a lose/lose for Patriots fans. Our rivals aren't teams on the field anymore. It is the local Boston sports media who just hate the fact the team is good and want to complain.

So here is what will happen. Buffalo wins and Ben Volin can shame NE for losing to such a weak opponent, and ask how they can possibly play that way against Pat Mahomes and expect to win or the Patriots win and Volin gets to write how can we evaluate this Patriots team when they haven't played a real QB. Either way he and the local media get to troll Patriots fans.

If the Bills were as good as the Patriots I don't think Bills fans local media coverage would troll the hell out of the team.

I'm meh on the Patriots, but he and Shaughnessy are insufferable.

I believe I have previously stated here...Wentz, is not that good.

It’s just taking some time for you all to agree.

Any chance we see barkley before thanksgiving??

But you also called Prescott Dakpernick.

So you are 1 for 2.

I do think Wentz is good but he played like garbage yesterday and it wasn't the weapons. He made terrible decisions but if the rookie catches a good 4th down pass they likely win. Still he was C overall yesterday.

I'm meh on the Patriots, but he and Shaughnessy are insufferable.
Tennis ball head Volin is paid to crap on the Patriots for John Henry's Newspaper.
John Henry is losing Red Sox fans from the Patriots fanbase for how bias his newspaper is.

But you also called Prescott Dakpernick.

So you are 1 for 2.

I do think Wentz is good but he played like garbage yesterday and it wasn't the weapons. He made terrible decisions but if the rookie catches a good 4th down pass they likely win. Still he was C overall yesterday.
No dak does suck, he’s just been fortunate to play the giants and the dolphins already.

Those 2 might be the worst 2 defenses in the history of the NFL.

As I say that, I believe the redskins are pissed to be left off that list and will show that they too are just as horrible.

Dakpernick will be exposed once they play a real team.

I’m pissed that patsy-Bill game is opposite the Giants, would’ve liked to see that.

Are we ‘flexing’ yet?

Unfortunately, I think it could be tough. Hearing 4-8 weeks. They have a bye week 11, so I would guess week 12, which lines up with Thanksgiving. Hopefully he heals sooner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom