NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Off topic but I always wondered why did the Giants have red jerseys one offs during the Eli Era and what happened to them?
Red was their primary color for their 1st 31 years. They wore it all through the Polo Grounds.

They added blue after they went to Yankee Stadium.

The away jersey u see now (red letters, #s & stripes) was their 50s-60s away.

Once the NFL started doing this ‘alternate jersey’ thing, they brought out the old reds.

Now in the ‘color rush’ era, the Giants use the 80s away all whites with blue letters, #s & stripes for your purchase.

Off topic but I always wondered why did the Giants have red jerseys one offs during the Eli Era and what happened to them?

Those were horrible. I don’t know why they had them.

Those were horrible. I don’t know why they had them.
They were certainly horrible ‘in’ them.

They always wore them v either the iggs or pokes.

Sadly, never to much success.

At least they kept the helmet the same color, as opposed to a certain team who manages to fluck that u every other week.

They were certainly horrible ‘in’ them.

They always wore them v either the iggs or pokes.

Sadly, never to much success.

At least they kept the helmet the same color, as opposed to a certain team who manages to fluck that u every other week.

Kaiser- you'll get a kick out of this. Periodically I get invited to these private dinners with retired athletes by a NY law firm that is attempting to do business with my employer. Previous invitations included Rose (I went), Cashman, Boggs, Mattingly and Evander Holyfield. Two new ones just came in today - Howie Long and wait for it... Lawrence Taylor. May have to go see LT and tell him the Kaiser sends his regards.

I really can’t stand either of these teams, but gun to head is I’ll root for Philly.

Can Philly go 3 defensive plays in a row without a personal foul?
This game is going to get Roseman to trade for Jalen Ramsey.

Green Bay fan trying to push Goedert back onto the field is classic.

In college football Barnett is ejected for targeting.
In the NFL he doesn’t get a penalty, knocks out GB’s RB and now gets a strip sack.

Kaiser- you'll get a kick out of this. Periodically I get invited to these private dinners with retired athletes by a NY law firm that is attempting to do business with my employer. Previous invitations included Rose (I went), Cashman, Boggs, Mattingly and Evander Holyfield. Two new ones just came in today - Howie Long and wait for it... Lawrence Taylor. May have to go see LT and tell him the Kaiser sends his regards.
Please do.

He didn’t things in a football field that have never been duplicated...and never will.

Same off it...

LEGEND

This is the Pettine defense I remember from his time with the Bills.

A lot of glitz and glamour with the sacks and turnovers, but you can’t be a consistent D week in and week out when you’re getting gashed on the ground due to a constant lack of gap integrity.

Does Aaron Rodgers have it in his contract he can’t get criticized for his play?
The Packers get to the 1 yard and throw 4 times and Aikman complains about play calling not Rodgers awful play.
Then Wentz throws a ball that Jeffrey didn’t run a complete route and the pass is on Wentz and his worst throw.
Rodgers never gets criticized.

Last edited:
Does Aaron Rodgers have it in his contract he can’t get criticized for his play?
The Packers get to the 1 yard and throw 4 times and Aikman complains about play calling not Rodgers awful play.
Then Wentz throws a ball that Jeffrey didn’t run a complete route and the pass is on Wentz and his worst throw.
Rodgers never gets criticized.
Put him in NYC...

This is the Pettine defense I remember from his time with the Bills.

A lot of glitz and glamour with the sacks and turnovers, but you can’t be a consistent D week in and week out when you’re getting gashed on the ground due to a constant lack of gap integrity.

The Packer's have been playing some seriously crappy offenses thus far. They were 3-0 but could have seriously easily been 1-2 or 0-3. fools gold.

Rodgers is definitely in decline. Too many injuries the past few years. They'll blame it on Lafleur though just liked they blamed in on McCarthy.

I thought Rodgers looked awesome last night; seemed to be moving around a lot better than we've recently seen from him and his arm strength seemed to be back too.

I thought Rodgers looked awesome last night; seemed to be moving around a lot better than we've recently seen from him and his arm strength seemed to be back too.
Juwan Dowels and Cordell Hudson were the quality of CBs the Eagles were playing last night.
Rodgers was missing throws and nothing was being said.
He played like crap in the red zone.

Juwan Dowels and Cordell Hudson were the quality of CBs the Eagles were playing last night.
Rodgers was missing throws and nothing was being said.
He played like crap in the red zone.

I don't really care what the coverage was like. He was a lot more mobile than we've seen from him recently; he was running for his life half the time last night and was doing a great job of eluding pass rushers throughout the night and the velocity on his throws returned after looking pretty terrible in Week 1 in particular. He missed a few throws but I think he was incredibly impressive last night on the whole.

Yeah I don't get blaming Rodgers for that loss. He had zero ground game to work with and his own D was gashed on the ground. He had the one strip sack but otherwise rolled up and down the field on the Birds with several impressive escapes. Sputtered in the red zone but it's tough to pass down there when you have no ground game. Not like he has the greatest WR crew in the league either. Adams very good but the others? meh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom