NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

The depth of NFC title contenders is being severely overstated.

Those would be my 5. And two of them are QB’d by Cousins & Garoppolo.

AFC is about the same. Pats, Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, Texans, Colts.

Less proven stud QB’s but higher QB ceilings
I would add at least 3 more in the NFC and subtract 2 from the AFC

Agree with these 5, but in this order:

Saints
Packers
49ers
Vikings
Seahawks

Of course, I left off the Giants in 1st place, because I didn't feel the need to state the obvious. ;)

That’s fair lol. It’s a stretch to count on the Vikes with cousins!

Such as?

I would still keep Dallas, LA, and Philly in the picture at this point despite being relatively disappointing the past couple weeks.

and I would remove Buffalo, Indy, and probably Houston. Part of that is because I think New England is probably a far stronger foe in the AFC than anyone in the NFC is but I also just think those NFC teams are probably better at the end of the day.

I would still keep Dallas, LA, and Philly in the picture at this point despite being relatively disappointing the past couple weeks.

and I would remove Buffalo, Indy, and probably Houston. Part of that is because I think New England is probably a far stronger foe in the AFC than anyone in the NFC is but I also just think those NFC teams are probably better at the end of the day.
I think all 3 are trash, but I guess we’ll find out.

and to eliminate Houston the day after they beat KC in KC seems, well, wrong.

I don’t trust anyone to beat New England in the AFC. Looks like a down year for the entire conference. The NFC is murderors row comparably in the South, West and North.

Yes. I think the Vikings, Bears, Packers, Rams, Niners, Seahawks, Saints, and Panthers would all be playoff locks if they played in the AFC this year. However at least 4 of them will miss the playoffs in the NFC.

And teams like the Raiders, Browns, Ravens, and Colts would be buried in the NFC, but at least one and maybe more of them will make the playoffs in the AFC.

I can't believe a year later the Chiefs defense appears to be WORSE than they were a year ago. Its as if, unless Mahomes has a super human game, they dont really have a chance.

Houston looks very good suddenly.
Kansas City is easy to defend if you keep Mahomes in the pocket.
The Texans and Colts outside of that one insane play Mahomes made on Sunday night has been kept in the pocket.
He has a ton of explosive plays when he breaks the pocket.

The top AFC teams are still New England and Kansas City.
Houston’s HC will screw them.
The Colts OL gives them a chance to beat anyone.
If Buffalo gets consistent offense their D will allow them to compete and beat anyone.
I guess the Ravens are the best team in the North. They aren’t consistent enough to scare me.

NFC has 10 quality teams.
New Orleans
Seattle
San Francisco
Minnesota
Green Bay
Dallas
Philadelphia
LA Rams
Chicago
Carolina

Yes. I think the Vikings, Bears, Packers, Rams, Niners, Seahawks, Saints, and Panthers would all be playoff locks if they played in the AFC this year. However at least 4 of them will miss the playoffs in the NFC.

And teams like the Raiders, Browns, Ravens, and Colts would be buried in the NFC, but at least one and maybe more of them will make the playoffs in the AFC.
The packers, niners, hawks, and saints are playoff locks already - weird to suggest a switching of conferences to make it so.

Rams gave up 55 points to the Bucs at home. Jared Goff threw for 78 yards yesterday at home. If Brees doesn’t get hurt, the Rams are 2-4 right now.

Bears have a terrible QB -just brutally bad. They had a soft schedule last year and their D carried them. Not happening again this year.

Vikes D is great but Cousins is not a title caliber QB despite smoking a crappy Eagles D yesterday.

As soon as the Panthers put Cam back in their season is toast.

Not sure how anyone could say w such confidence that any of these wart covered teams is better than Ravens & Colts.

I think all 3 are trash, but I guess we’ll find out.

and to eliminate Houston the day after they beat KC in KC seems, well, wrong.

It’s not like I watched the game and decided to eliminate Houston as a result. I’ve just never considered them to be a contender, much like I don’t consider the Jets to be a contender despite beating Dallas yesterday. Perhaps Houston will prove me wrong but I just don’t believe in them. I think they’ll end up being a wild card team and early round exit.

It’s not like I watched the game and decided to eliminate Houston as a result. I’ve just never considered them to be a contender, much like I don’t consider the Jets to be a contender despite beating Dallas yesterday. Perhaps Houston will prove me wrong but I just don’t believe in them. I think they’ll end up being a wild card team and early round exit.
So what happens in the games does nothing for you? Just your preseason gut intincts?

The packers, niners, hawks, and saints are playoff locks already - weird to suggest a switching of conferences to make it so.

Rams gave up 55 points to the Bucs at home. Jared Goff threw for 78 yards yesterday at home. If Brees doesn’t get hurt, the Rams are 2-4 right now.

Bears have a terrible QB -just brutally bad. They had a soft schedule last year and their D carried them. Not happening again this year.

Vikes D is great but Cousins is not a title caliber QB despite smoking a crappy Eagles D yesterday.

As soon as the Panthers put Cam back in their season is toast.

Not sure how anyone could say w such confidence that any of these wart covered teams is better than Ravens & Colts.

Was just naming all the playoff caliber teams in the NFC. IMO any one of them makes the playoffs in the AFC.

If we named the top 15 teams in the league, I’d say 9 of them are in the NFC.

Rams have underperformed big time so far, but I’m giving them credit for a SB season last year and a lot of talent and assuming they’ll play a lot better.

Maybe I’m missing something with the Colts here?

Cousins is average. But they’ve got arguably the best RB-WR’s trio in the league.

The Bears basically = the Bills IMO. Really good defense, offense that struggles to score enough points. IMO, that’s 10 wins in the AFC, 8 in the NFC territory.

Was just naming all the playoff caliber teams in the NFC. IMO any one of them makes the playoffs in the AFC.

If we named the top 15 teams in the league, I’d say 9 of them are in the NFC.

Rams have underperformed big time so far, but I’m giving them credit for a SB season last year and a lot of talent and assuming they’ll play a lot better.

Maybe I’m missing something with the Colts here?

Cousins is average. But they’ve got arguably the best RB-WR’s trio in the league.

The Bears basically = the Bills IMO. Really good defense, offense that struggles to score enough points. IMO, that’s 10 wins in the AFC, 8 in the NFC territory.
Buffalo is 11th in total offense.

Ahead of all the NFC teams you listed except Seattle.

Chicago is 30th.

Bills are winning more than 10.

Hell a team like Detroit would be a playoff contender in the AFC.

I think the AFC is top heavy.
The Jets could start the year 0-4 and finish the year 8-8.
New England, Kansas City, Buffalo, Houston, Indianapolis are solid.
The Colts OL will allow them to not get blown out.

NFC is deeper. Carolina won’t make the playoffs in the NFC most likely but they beat Houston in Houston without their QB.
Houston’s 2 losses are to New Orleans and Carolina.

I will say as long as NE doesn’t get killed with injuries on defense I see them getting HFA with a 13-3 record.

Hell a team like Detroit would be a playoff contender in the AFC.

I think the AFC is top heavy.
The Jets could start the year 0-4 and finish the year 8-8.
New England, Kansas City, Buffalo, Houston, Indianapolis are solid.
The Colts OL will allow them to not get blown out.

NFC is deeper. Carolina won’t make the playoffs in the NFC most likely but they beat Houston in Houston without their QB.
Houston’s 2 losses are to New Orleans and Carolina.

I will say as long as NE doesn’t get killed with injuries on defense I see them getting HFA with a 13-3 record.
Detroit would win the NFC East.

They may win tonight. I have my doubts about a Mike Pettine defense staying consistent week to week.

lions should learn the rules and they could have stopped the clock in the last 2 min.. and had a shot to win with a min on the clock

as much as that isnt hands to the face it is defensive holding too.

If the refs didn’t have the Packers ML in this game you won’t convince me.
Thank goodness this wasn’t a NE game or the complaining nationally would be insane.

The Lions could have had this game wrapped up in the first quarter

LOL. Refs definitely had money on this game. either the money line, or pack -3.5...thinking they'd score a td.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom