NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Seems like a bit of an overreaction, no?

We will see what happens with Mahomes, but if he's out nobody is beating them. Houston is good, but there is no way an O'Brien coached team beats the Pats.

bpo57 - I think this game decides the division on Sunday night.

Who's OL is the least injured (i.e. more effective)?

I expect the Iggs to run wild since the Dallas interior DLine is awful.

I have a hard time seeing how the Dallas offense puts it together with a struggling OL and no Cobb or Cooper.
Here's hoping it's a good game not greatly impacted by officiating.

Certainly agree with your last sentiment but the zebras have been having a rough go of it this year, even worse than normal. I also can't forget the "no clear recovery" fumble at the start of last year's game in Dallas.

Philly OL is ok in terms of injuries because they've been accustomed to Peters leaving the game for 20-25 snaps for one injury or another. Dillard is a promising rookie though he'll probably get beat a few times by Quinn.

Philly D is tough against the run but you, me and briancuse could line up at WR for Dallas and we'd be running free in the Birds' secondary. Just awful. And without DJax we lack a deep threat on offense.

Critical game for sure but I think it's a little more critical for Dallas because it's at home and the schedule slightly favors Philly from here on out.

We will see what happens with Mahomes, but if he's out nobody is beating them. Houston is good, but there is no way an O'Brien coached team beats the Pats.
Bovada odds to win the AFC.
New England -133
Kansas City +350
Baltimore +1000
Houston +1000
Buffalo +1600
Indianapolis +2000
5 dimes odds to win the AFC
New England -115
Kansas City +405
Houston +1000
Baltimore +1200
Indianapolis +1600
Buffalo +2000

You are kinda right.

Certainly agree with your last sentiment but the zebras have been having a rough go of it this year, even worse than normal. I also can't forget the "no clear recovery" fumble at the start of last year's game in Dallas.

Philly OL is ok in terms of injuries because they've been accustomed to Peters leaving the game for 20-25 snaps for one injury or another. Dillard is a promising rookie though he'll probably get beat a few times by Quinn.

Philly D is tough against the run but you, me and briancuse could line up at WR for Dallas and we'd be running free in the Birds' secondary. Just awful. And without DJax we lack a deep threat on offense.

Critical game for sure but I think it's a little more critical for Dallas because it's at home and the schedule slightly favors Philly from here on out.

Yeah, that "no clear recovery" was an awful call.

I agree that it's bigger for Dallas given the 3 game slide and upcoming schedule (Vikes, Lions, Patsies, Bills, Bears, Rams).

If Dallas can't stop the Iggs run game and get off the field then they lose. Not sure how good the Iggs run game is (how involved Wentz has been this year) but if it wears down the Dallas D (like the Pack & Saints did) then the lack of a deep threat won't matter.

Yeah, that "no clear recovery" was an awful call.

I agree that it's bigger for Dallas given the 3 game slide and upcoming schedule (Vikes, Lions, Patsies, Bills, Bears, Rams).

If Dallas can't stop the Iggs run game and get off the field then they lose. Not sure how good the Iggs run game is (how involved Wentz has been this year) but if it wears down the Dallas D (like the Pack & Saints did) then the lack of a deep threat won't matter.

Ran roughshod over GB up there but problem is Philly has fallen way behind in several games and that has led to more passing. The issue with Philly is stopping the opponent's passing game. Squarely on the defense as I think the offense will get their fair share.

NE offense looks kinda meh to me. They're always one injury away from have their lights turned out. A lot can happen between now and then but when everyone is convinced of something in the NFL then it usually doesn't happen.

KC defense just isn't up to the task regardless of Mahomes.

and Yet the bills had a solid shot to beat them already this year.
Nobody goes undefeated. Buffalo has a great defense. That keeps you in any game. New England's offense is vulnerable right now but they are still a huge favorite to win the conference.
Their starting LT and first round draft pick WR are both going to come back from IR in the next weeks that will help their offense and another weapon is likely going to be added via trade. Whether its Manny Sanders, Muhammed Sanu or OJ Howard.

and Yet the bills had a solid shot to beat them already this year.

New England's only opponent so far this year that has a legit shot at the playoffs.

Last edited:
Bovada odds to win the AFC.
New England -133
Kansas City +350
Baltimore +1000
Houston +1000
Buffalo +1600
Indianapolis +2000
5 dimes odds to win the AFC
New England -115
Kansas City +405
Houston +1000
Baltimore +1200
Indianapolis +1600
Buffalo +2000

You are kinda right.

One would have to be brain dead to bet NE with those odds.

New England's only opponent so far this year that has a legit shot at the playoffs.

...and the Bills are the only opponent that New England's faced so far this year that has a legit shot at the playoffs.

Ran roughshod over GB up there but problem is Philly has fallen way behind in several games and that has led to more passing. The issue with Philly is stopping the opponent's passing game. Squarely on the defense as I think the offense will get their fair share.

Sounds like the perfect recipe for a close game.

I'm hoping the Cowboys go back to throwing (or running PA) on first down. Major criticism of the offense during the losing streak is it's looked like Linehan's (predictably running on 1st down).

Dallas run D is bad enough that I don't think it'll matter if the Birds are within 2 scores.

I think how long Pederson sticks with the ground game will have the biggest impact on the outcome.

...and the Bills are the only opponent that New England's faced so far this year that has a legit shot at the playoffs.

That's what I was trying to say, not very well obviously. For the record btw Buffalo is my 2nd favorite NFL team. :)

Buffalo season results
Bills 17 Jets 16
Bills 28 Giants 14
Bills 21 Bengals 17
Patriots 16 Bills 10
Bills 14 Titans 7

Point deferential Bills + 20

Patriots season results
Patriots 33 Steelers 3
Patriots 43 Dolphins 0
Patriots 30 Jets 14
Patriots 16 Bills 10
Patriots 33 Redskins 7
Patriots 35 Giants 14

Point deferential +142

I think the Patriots have earned the benefit of the doubt. They aren't just beating bad teams. They are dominating.

NE offense looks kinda meh to me. They're always one injury away from have their lights turned out. A lot can happen between now and then but when everyone is convinced of something in the NFL then it usually doesn't happen.

The AFC is terrible. Weakest the conference has been in 25 years. Sure Brady could get hurt, but they also are always better later in the year.

Buffalo season results
Bills 17 Jets 16
Bills 28 Giants 14
Bills 21 Bengals 17
Patriots 16 Bills 10
Bills 14 Titans 7

Point deferential Bills + 20

Patriots season results
Patriots 33 Steelers 3
Patriots 43 Dolphins 0
Patriots 30 Jets 14
Patriots 16 Bills 10
Patriots 33 Redskins 7
Patriots 35 Giants 14

Point deferential +142

I think the Patriots have earned the benefit of the doubt. They aren't just beating bad teams. They are dominating.

Fair enough but head to head Buffalo had all sorts of chances to win that game. Just think NE at -133 is a joke.

Sounds like the perfect recipe for a close game.

I'm hoping the Cowboys go back to throwing (or running PA) on first down. Major criticism of the offense during the losing streak is it's looked like Linehan's (predictably running on 1st down).

Dallas run D is bad enough that I don't think it'll matter if the Birds are within 2 scores.

I think how long Pederson sticks with the ground game will have the biggest impact on the outcome.
Cowboys issues the last 2 games have been horrible first quarters which have put them behind.
Dak needs Zeke, the run game has been the Cowboys bread and butter. THey have been throwing too much early in games and have gotten behind and can't run. Which allows teams to flood the flats and outside and force Dak to dink and dunk without finishing drives.

Cowboys need to run the ball problem is this game the Eagles secondary isn't good. So they will be tempted to throw a lot.

The AFC is terrible. Weakest the conference has been in 25 years. Sure Brady could get hurt, but they also are always better later in the year.

I think you're underestimating Indy and HOU. Not an O'Brien fan either as he comes from a long line of BB's coaching tree that has been a dumpster fire but they have some pretty good talent. Unless NE upgrades their offense with some trades they will have difficulty pulling away from better competition.

I think you're underestimating Indy and HOU. Not an O'Brien fan either as he comes from a long line of BB's coaching tree that has been a dumpster fire but they have some pretty good talent. Unless NE upgrades their offense with some trades they will have difficulty pulling away from better competition.

It’s more about getting their receivers healthy including the rookie. I feel like I’ve had this conversation with people for years with the Patriots and yet nobody in the AFC can beat them unless they are forced to go to Denver and that’s not happening this year. I’ll continue to believe this until proven otherwise.

It’s more about getting their receivers healthy including the rookie. I feel like I’ve had this conversation with people for years with the Patriots and yet nobody in the AFC can beat them unless they are forced to go to Denver and that’s not happening this year. I’ll continue to believe this until proven otherwise.
This is pretty accurate. They have enough WRs if healthy. Edelman, Dorsett, Gordon, Harry and pass catching RBs in James White and Rex Burkhead.

What the Pats need is their LT back from IR and blocking TE.
Ben Watson will be a piece as well.
Plus their defense is legit. Deepest secondary in the league. Jon Jones and JC Jackson would start for almost every team in the league.
NE-Det trade is possible as well. Danny Amendola for Michael Bennett.

Cowboys issues the last 2 games have been horrible first quarters which have put them behind.
Dak needs Zeke, the run game has been the Cowboys bread and butter. THey have been throwing too much early in games and have gotten behind and can't run. Which allows teams to flood the flats and outside and force Dak to dink and dunk without finishing drives.

Cowboys need to run the ball problem is this game the Eagles secondary isn't good. So they will be tempted to throw a lot.

I agree that their problem has been falling behind early but the defense has been the bigger culprit.

Dallas is the only team in the league to never start a drive in the opponent's half of the field this year. That tells me the D is consistently soft and never causes TOs.

A few bad drops in the passing game (e.g. Cooper against GB) have contributed to early deficits.

Offense has been too predictable and stubborn trying to run with backup OTs.

They ran it 34 times against the Jets (40 pass attempts) - in a game they were down 21-3. Ridiculous

Injuries are part of the game. Something looks different about their offense this year. We'll see.
Defense is very good but they have not really seen much in the way of any high powered offenses. In fact all of their opponents so far have been near the bottom of the league in terms of offensive productivity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom