NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Philadelphia at Buffalo is the game I am watching most next week.
Eagles could be done if they lose that game.
Bills are 1.5 point favorites on my site.

The Eagles played very poorly last night but nobody is eliminated halfway through the season at 3-5 (if they lose to Buffalo) in a division where 10 wins gets it done. Last year they were 4-6 and ended up an Alshon Jeffery dropped pass from possibly making the NFC title game. Take a peak at Dallas' remaining schedule - they have several games left that will be very challenging and could go either way. @NE, LAR, BUF, @Philly, MINN, @ Detroit, @ Chicago. Wouldn't shock me if 9-7 wins that division.

Last edited:
The Eagles played very poorly last night but nobody is eliminated halfway through the season at 3-5 (if they lose to Bufalo) in a division where 10 wins gets it done. Last year they were 4-6 and ended up an Alshon Jeffery dropped pass from possibly making the NFC title game. Take a peak at Dallas' remaining schedule - they have several games left that will be very challenging and could go either way. @NE, LAR, BUF, @Philly, MINN, @ Detroit, @ Chicago. Wouldn't shock me if 9-7 wins that division.

Dallas was 3-5 last year before acquiring Cooper and finished 7-1, so it’s possible.

But second place in this year’s NFC East is watching the post season like us.

What I learned this week...

Losing to GB & NO wasn’t the end of the world (losing to the Just End The Seasons was awful).

Demarcus Lawrence finally did something to show he wasn’t mailing it in after signing his big deal.

Dallas was 3-5 last year before acquiring Cooper and finished 7-1, so it’s possible.

Losing to GB & NO wasn’t the end of the world (losing to the Just End The Seasons was awful).

Demarcus Lawrence finally did something to show he wasn’t mailing it in after signing his big deal.
10-6 isn’t a lock to make the NFC playoffs as a wildcard.
Between
San Francisco
Seattle
LA Rams
Green Bay
Minnesota
New Orleans
Carolina

The NFC East champion is likely gonna to be 9-7/10-6.

if the Eagles lose to Buffalo at 3-5 they would be playing Chicago, New England, and Seattle.

Dallas has tougher schedule as well.
I just think the Eagles need the Buffalo game or it could snowball.
Last year the second place NFC East could get a wildcard. That isn’t happening this year.

10-6 isn’t a lock to make the NFC playoffs as a wildcard.
Between
San Francisco
Seattle
LA Rams
Green Bay
Minnesota
New Orleans
Carolina

The NFC East champion is likely gonna to be 9-7/10-6.

if the Eagles lose to Buffalo at 3-5 they would be playing Chicago, New England, and Seattle.

Dallas has tougher schedule as well.
I just think the Eagles need the Buffalo game or it could snowball.
Last year the second place NFC East could get a wildcard. That isn’t happening this year.

Hence the second sentence of my post you quoted

Play calling last three games looked like Garrett t. Tonight looked like Moore again. Hopefully the internal struggle has been decided once and for all.

The tunnel screen to Gallup for a 3rd and long conversion in the second half was uplifting. Perfectly timed call and executed as intended.

Moore got a little cute with his first drive of the second half (too much running horizontally behind the LOS) but called a better game.

Also helps to have Smith, Collins, Cooper and Cobb back.

Really interested to see White on Alshon.

First, congrats on the win. Dallas looked good and the Eagles looked putrid.
No doubt that a wildcard entrant is not coming out of the NFC East.

My only point is that Philly will not be eliminated at the halfway point at 3-5 particularly when they have a game left with the team they're chasing in their building in December and when their other final 4 games are NYG, @WASH, @MIA and @NYG. Apologies to local NYG fans but you can't close with a weaker schedule unless maybe if u threw in the Bengals. NFL fans always think the season is over too early. We go through this every year.

Lawrence played well. Johnson has pretty much owned him prior to last night. Lawrence kicked his butt for sure.

Alshon is a possession receiver whose range is about ten yards from the line of scrimmage. He's not all that useful.

First, congrats on the win. Dallas looked good and the Eagles looked putrid.
No doubt that a wildcard entrant is not coming out of the NFC East.

My only point is that Philly will not be eliminated at the halfway point at 3-5 particularly when they have a game left with the team they're chasing in their building in December and when their other final 4 games are NYG, @WASH, @MIA and @NYG. Apologies to local NYG fans but you can't close with a weaker schedule unless maybe if u threw in the Bengals. NFL fans always think the season is over too early. We go through this every year.

Lawrence played well. Johnson has pretty much owned him prior to last night. Lawrence kicked his butt for sure.

Thanks. I'm now rooting for Manning to make a December comeback and stick it to your Birds for old times' sake.

(I don't think Danny Fumbles is going to make it to December at the current rate)

Thanks. I'm now rooting for Manning to make a December comeback and stick it to your Birds for old times' sake.

(I don't think Danny Fumbles is going to make it to December at the current rate)

With the emphasis on "old time's sake". Eli is 10-20 in 30 career starts against Philly and has lost 9 of his last 10. :) We'd welcome him back with open arms.

With the emphasis on "old time's sake". Eli is 10-20 in 30 career starts against Philly and has lost 9 of his last 10. :) We'd welcome him back with open arms.

So you're telling me he's due! ;)

If this news about Alshon Jeffrey being the player who talked to Josina Anderson as the guy who ripped Wentz and Peterson he could be traded.

I could see a team like the 49ers or Patriots giving a decent pick for Jeffrey.

If this news about Alshon Jeffrey being the player who talked to Josina Anderson as the guy who ripped Wentz and Peterson he could be traded.

I could see a team like the 49ers or Patriots giving a decent pick for Jeffrey.

Be my guest. Constantly injured and a guy whose skills seem to be eroding week by week. Not sure Philly would get much for him.

If Philly could only score 10 against Dallas which is pedestrian on defense that Bill's defense is going to have a field day. The upside is the Bill's won't score on offense so it won't take many points to win.

If Philly could only score 10 against Dallas which is pedestrian on defense that Bill's defense is going to have a field day. The upside is the Bill's won't score on offense so it won't take many points to win.

Fair point as it seems logical that Philly will struggle against the Bills defense. But u can play that game all day long. How on earth did Miami score 21 on a very stout Bills defense yesterday when they normally have difficulty scoring in pre-game drills? Every week is different in the NFL and that's what makes it so crazy.

Fair point as it seems logical that Philly will struggle against the Bills defense. But u can play that game all day long. How on earth did Miami score 21 on a very stout Bills defense yesterday when they normally have difficulty scoring in pre-game drills? Every week is different in the NFL and that's what makes it so crazy.

Hopefully Milano is back for the Philly game. Think that was a big part of why the D struggled a bit against Miami.

The Patriots are like the late 90’s Yankees in terms of the nation hating them.
I actually want to feel bad for the Jets but it’s the Jets.

Go Bills!

Yeah...but the 2006 comeback in Philly where Plaxico threw the ball in the crowd(and hopefully drilled an onion breath right in the beak), after the game winning TD was cool.

Is pat shurmur trying to get fired?

As long as he doesn’t drag our Lombardi’s through the Meadowlands parking lot on the back of his car and get strawberry juice all over Sam Huff’s jersey, it’s cool for now. Expectations will ramp up next year.

I came in losing my fantasy game solidly but still in striking distance, but I’ve got Sony Michel and the Pats defense while my opponent has Crowder. This is a dream start to this game!

I’m actually up by 2 now! Cmon Pats D! Shutout, and more turnovers please!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom