NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

I'm not a Dak fan but the first int cooper tipped it right to the guy and the 3rd int Gallup was mauled the 2nd int was awful.

I like Dak. He’s not elite but he’s durable and he’s got enough talent around him to win.

He needs to get rid of the ball quicker especially now that his line is a mash unit.

Finally a Dallas coach shows some fire on the sideline.

Kris Richard chewing out his soft D and stepping to that idiot side judge who flagged Ginger McClapperton was a welcomed site.

8 completions ? 100 yards passing .. 2 lINT ..in this era of football ? Great job Faker

Cleveland should go hard after Josh McDaniels or Lincoln Riley this offseason.

Their HC is completely in over his head. Nobody was hiring him as a HC last year. They could have gotten a defensive coach and left their OC with him.
Stupid decision. Tampa did the same mistake with Dirk Koetter after firing Lovie.

Are we sure Baker is any good? Has a ton of support and yeah the O line is suspect but he has been really pretty bad

Are we sure Baker is any good? Has a ton of support and yeah the O line is suspect but he has been really pretty bad

I'd still take him over any of those guys drafted last year. I wanted him to replace Brees and he had a great rookie year without those receivers. But hey it's our culture to say someone sucks when they struggle a bit.

Mayfield with a QB rating tonight of 13.4.
When your backup QB throws 1 incomplete pass and has a higher QBR than your starter, there's a problem. Start OBJ under center!

1570536667606.png

it will be interesting to see how this run of lets take the athletic college QB goes. Mahomes has everyone thinking all these guys can make these plays all the time.. Mayfield looks lost already. Allen/Jones you see glimpses but Allen doesnt seem to be progessing, he saves plays with his legs though.

its kinda like how Flutie played, can make plays and win games but not consistently. But then maybe they should expect QBs to be on 1-2 yr runs and live with it. We are getting so few good multi yr QBs anyway who knows.

it will be interesting to see how this run of lets take the athletic college QB goes. Mahomes has everyone thinking all these guys can make these plays all the time.. Mayfield looks lost already. Allen/Jones you see glimpses but Allen doesnt seem to be progessing, he saves plays with his legs though.

its kinda like how Flutie played, can make plays and win games but not consistently. But then maybe they should expect QBs to be on 1-2 yr runs and live with it. We are getting so few good multi yr QBs anyway who knows.

I think the talent coming in at QB is better than ever. All the guys you have mentioned have played less than 20 games. When teams only selected drop back guys there were tons of busts. More than now actually. A lot of those guys couldn't hit the Atlantic from Nantucket. Eli Manning for example was awful at the beginning of his career.

I think the talent coming in at QB is better than ever. All the guys you have mentioned have played less than 20 games. When teams only selected drop back guys there were tons of busts. More than now actually. A lot of those guys couldn't hit the Atlantic from Nantucket. Eli Manning for example was awful at the beginning of his career.

They were alao given a few years to develop and be judged. Seems like that timeframe has shrunk to weeks.

They were alao given a few years to develop and be judged. Seems like that timeframe has shrunk to weeks.

Yeah. I blame hottakey sports commentary for that. People forget how Drew Brees and Peyton Manning started their careers throwing interception after interception.

There are certainly some less than stellar defenses in the nfl but it’s incredible how good the defenses overall are compared to college.

The disguises, schemes, adjustments, speed, timing all totally confuse these qbs (usually) that dominated college football. Such an enormous jump to the pros.

they were also playing on really bad teams.

That makes zero sense. The browns were 0-16 before Baker got there. They won 7 games last year.

Buffalo hasn't done anything in 20 years and they have a great chance to go to the playoffs. Both guys have had positive impacts on those franchises.

I am saying maybe teams should stop trying to draft franchise QBs and instead just take guys expecting that they will get 2-3 solid yrs and hope it times up with the team being good, in the long run it would be way cheaper. mayfield looks awful right now. as much as the Jags Kid looked good he lost the game with bad plays.

Maybe you wont get 16 solid games from these kids with this style of offense, So maybe you need to draft 2-3 of them and plug someone else in when its going bad like you do in other sports. instead of spending 20-30 million a yr you spend 5 and you get 3 shots at it. Allen in carolina another example. a ton of money on Cam and an over looked kid is doing better short term..

its the NE model they use everywhere but QB..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom