NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 104 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Stupidest rule in sports history.

NFL has the all time stupidest rule.. the offsetting penalty .. dude jumps offside 2 seconds before the snap... because he jumped he had a free run at the QB so the Offensive lineman holds to prevent his QB from getting blown up .. offsetting penalties. .. replay down ..

That’s so incredibly stupid .

NFL has the all time stupidest rule.. the offsetting penalty .. dude jumps offside 2 seconds before the snap... because he jumped he had a free run at the QB so the Offensive lineman holds to prevent his QB from getting blown up .. offsetting penalties. .. replay down ..

That’s so incredibly stupid .
That rule has been dumb forever too. Was watching a thing recently on the Chiefs/Raiders - old school. Big game near end of season Len Dawson scrambles for game clinching first down. While on ground Ben Davidson running start spears him, Otis Taylor flips out on Davidson - flags fly offsetting replay down. Raiders get stop and win.

That cat was a tad bit bigger than mice, rats or squirrels.

That cat had some pecs and shoulders on him .. it wasn’t a typical cat .. that thing was a specimen

That PI on Seattle's 2nd TD is such cheese. I swear smart teams just tell their guy to flop down 2scores at home and they'll call it. Much like NE vs Jax playoff game. Is anything more overrated than Seattle's homefield btw, this is 5 out of 5 subpar games.

Refs are not the #1 reason Jax lost that game. Ahead of the refs it's that Dougie turtled up.

You seem determined to die on that Baker Mayfield hill. ;)

I'll revise my original statement to Baker won't get a 2nd contract, so that will give him four years in the league. First pick in 2022 XFL draft

Dungy, the always level-headed voice of reason.

This call wasn't the outrageous one, imo. The game was chippy and the refs had pretty much let both teams play the receivers physically. So this one was a no call like the rest had been up to that point.

The PI on the Giants rookie DB on Cooper that gave Dallas the first down at midfield late in the second half was the actual bad call. It went against the way the game had been officiated up to that point and effectively ended the game.

All of that said they need to get rid of the reviews on PI because we all know its a sham.

So if the Chargers moved to London.
They would have to go to the AFC East right?
Move the Miami Dolphins to the AFC South and Houston Texans to the AFC West right?

Then you get 2 Watson-Mahomes game a year.
Denver
Houston
Las Vegas
Kansas City
Works geographically

This call wasn't the outrageous one, imo. The game was chippy and the refs had pretty much let both teams play the receivers physically. So this one was a no call like the rest had been up to that point.

The PI on the Giants rookie DB on Cooper that gave Dallas the first down at midfield late in the second half was the actual bad call. It went against the way the game had been officiated up to that point and effectively ended the game.

All of that said they need to get rid of the reviews on PI because we all know its a sham.

There's simply no leadership from Goodell, nor any consensus among the owners, on the subject. The PI review process in the Canadian Football League works well enough most of the time. That's because the league wants the right call and reviews the plays accordingly. Been doing it for years. The NFL, however, seems intent on making a bad situation worse just so they can claim there's nothing that can be done (read: "We were right all along"), shortly before they deep six the whole issue. Like if they make a f##king mess of it, then no one will want to revisit it any time soon.

Minschew has played much better than Danny Fumbles.

He lost “Dimes” after his league leading 8th lost fumble.

*Minschew is right behind him in second place with 7.

He lost “Dimes” after his league leading 8th lost fumble.

*Minschew is right behind him in second place with 7.

Jones actually has 9 lost fumbles according to Football Reference. Needs 91 more to tie Eli.

It might end up costing the Bills a playoff spot, but I gotta say I'm happy to see Gruden doing so well with the Raiders after he was the butt of everyone's jokes.

It might end up costing the Bills a playoff spot, but I gotta say I'm happy to see Gruden doing so well with the Raiders after he was the butt of everyone's jokes.
Gruden ain’t costing the Bills a thing.

In fact he cut a player that Buffalo signed for cheap and is one of our best Oline starters. Maybe another one this week we should thank him for.

And he’s traded us two 5th round draft picks for our trash. Thanks Chucky!

I know I get on Rivers a lot... but he is screaming for the snap, it arrives late, and he gets hit while they take the delay of game.

Yeah, Philly... I’d be livid too. That sequence isn’t on you.

Miss the XP to go up 3 with a min left lol.

Wow that last chargers drive was one for the ages ..

Down only 2 with nearly a full minute to go and all three time outs and philly boy throws bomb after bomb when he could have Dinked and dunked Into field goal range with time to spare .. the charges coaching staff might be amongst the worst

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom