NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 111 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Garrett pulled the football equivalent of Happy Gilmore taking off his skate and trying to stab someone.
He pulled a Marty McSorley.
McSorley was criminally charged in Canada for what he did.

He pulled a Marty McSorley.
McSorley was criminally charged in Canada for what he did.
You think there is a legit chance he literally gets charged criminally?

You think there is a legit chance he literally gets charged criminally?
McSorley got 18 months probation for swinging his hockey stick at Donald Brashear’s head and knocking him to the ice.
It was disgusting and similar to what Garrett did.
If it was a road game I could see a local prosecutor wanting the cheap publicity of filing a case but since its Garrett’s home area it becomes less likely.
The video shows the evidence of an assault case.
The act wasn’t within the bounds of play and assumption of risk wouldn’t defend a player doing something that doesn’t happen.
I bet unless Rudolph filed a complaint it won’t get a criminal case.

Whatever the actual punishment is the NFL needs to tack on more than what they want so the appeal can knock some games off as they will.
12 games to equal the Burfict suspension is what I would give him.
I would give Garrett 16 games and if the appeal knocks it down to 10-12 okay.

Count me in for rest of the season, 6 games. He can't be compared to Burfict in any way. Burfict is like a 10 time offender who's cheap shots actually knocked people unconscious. Garrett's certainly looked horrible but the actual outcome was negligible.

Pouncey should have his suspension reduced by 2 games.
I wouldn’t even suspend him but I guess 1 game would be enough.

Garrett is going to get probably 8 games at the end. 6 this year and probably a couple more next year.
NFL will probably have Pittsburgh-Cleveland play the season opener next year so they can reduce them playing next year against each other.

NFL got this right. This season is the minimum. I think he gets between 0 and 6 games next season based on a number of factors including and not limited to his own actions and words as well as whether or not Rudolph takes on legal action (I don’t think he will)

I would schedule the Steelers and Browns weeks 1 and 6 next year and tack on 6 games for next year.
Don’t let Garrett face the Steelers next year.

Garrett is going to get probably 8 games at the end. 6 this year and probably a couple more next year.
NFL will probably have Pittsburgh-Cleveland play the season opener next year so they can reduce them playing next year against each other.
i think he'll get 10.

they will shoot for 8 next year and he will get 4.

So Myles Garrett is suspended for 6+ games for using a “weapon” on a guy who was physically trying to fight him face to face...

Gronk gets 1 game for using a “weapon” on a guy who had his back to him and didn’t even know it was coming.

Makes sense.

According to Samuel L Jackson, Rudolph was the aggressor who started the trouble. Just confirming my suspicion that he is an @ss-clown.

They are going to keep pouncey out at least thru the Cleveland rematch.

He's not totally wrong, but it also in no way excuses what Garrett did.

After watching the replay several times I just don't see where Rudolph is at fault, in any material way. He objected to being slammed to the turf as MG clearly got in a little extra on the last play of the game. Rudolph objected and then got his helmet ripped off and then pummeled with it. Jackson's gotta be coming at this from a very warped perspective to assign any blame to Rudolph.

And I didn't see any qualifications from Jackson in terms of his criticism. He didn't say jack about Garrett. That's why he's an @ss-clown.

He's not totally wrong, but it also in no way excuses what Garrett did.

Yeah, I'm in agreement. Rudolph was absolutely the instigator of it and then Garrett lost his mind. It looked to me that Garrett likely didn't see Rudolph dump the ball off kind of side arm as Garrett was making contact with him and then he took him to the ground thinking that he was going for a sack. Rudolph then started freaking out and tried to rip his helmet off his head which in turn made Garrett freak out and go wayyy over the line. That's the most logical explanation I can come up with from watching it 50 times and also not caring about either team or player whatsoever.

I also find the outrage kind of laughable given the actual outcomes of the helmet swing compared to the Randall helmet to helmet hit. In one there is a guy getting carted off the field while bleeding from his ear and the other the guy seems to be completely fine. I understand that it is the intent and not the outcome but man those were 2 severely different outcomes and no one really seems to care about the one that is actually horrific.

Yeah, I'm in agreement. Rudolph was absolutely the instigator of it and then Garrett lost his mind. It looked to me that Garrett likely didn't see Rudolph dump the ball off kind of side arm as Garrett was making contact with him and then he took him to the ground thinking that he was going for a sack. Rudolph then started freaking out and tried to rip his helmet off his head which in turn made Garrett freak out and go wayyy over the line. That's the most logical explanation I can come up with from watching it 50 times and also not caring about either team or player whatsoever.

I also find the outrage kind of laughable given the actual outcomes of the helmet swing compared to the Randall helmet to helmet hit. In one there is a guy getting carted off the field while bleeding from his ear and the other the guy seems to be completely fine. I understand that it is the intent and not the outcome but man those were 2 severely different outcomes and no one really seems to care about the one that is actually horrific.

So Garrett was justifiably angry cuz Rudolph threw the ball sidearm? C'mon man.
Garrett had Rudolph wrapped up and clearly threw him to the turf when he didn't have the ball then rolled on top of him. I could see where that would piss a QB off, particularly last play of the game where your team was losing. Was that really necessary?

And as for the helmet bashing - somehow the criticism of MG would be more justified if he cracked Rudolph's head open? I think the intent is far more important than the outcome. And he had pretty bad intentions.

So Garrett was justifiably angry cuz Rudolph threw the ball sidearm? C'mon man.
Garrett had Rudolph wrapped up and clearly threw him to the turf when he didn't have the ball then rolled on top of him. I could see where that would piss a QB off, particularly last play of the game where your team was losing. Was that really necessary?

And as for the helmet bashing - somehow the criticism of MG would be more justified if he cracked Rudolph's head open? I think the intent is far more important than the outcome. And he had pretty bad intentions.

How the hell did you come up with that out of what I said? That Garrett got angry cuz Rudolph threw the ball sidearm? Good lord.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom