NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Jason Witten to the Raiders.
Phil Rivers to the Colts.

FINALLY!!! Retirement didn’t keep him from coming back and torching the Giants, but going to the Raiders?!! We’ll surely never hear from him again!

True. But it's still a loss for the Cowboys. 55 catches and 828 yards doesn't suck. And, along with losing Jones, the Cowboys are weaker today than they were yesterday. And up against the cap.
Signing cooper was more important. This draft is loaded with receivers. They can replace cobb.What really ticks me off is giving Blake jarwin 24 mil and letting Quinn go.

Signing cooper was more important. This draft is loaded with receivers. They can replace cobb.What really ticks me off is giving Blake jarwin 24 mil and letting Quinn go.

True. But my point, which has been buttressed by later developments, is that the Cowboys have suffered several losses that. when added together, make them a weaker team now than they were before, Cobb, Byron Jones, Robert Quinn, Jeff Heath, Cam Fleming, Malliek Collins, even Witten. With very little cap room, they'll need to really hit it in the draft just to stay even.

True. But my point, which has been buttressed by later developments, is that the Cowboys have suffered several losses that. when added together, make them a weaker team now than they were before, Cobb, Byron Jones, Robert Quinn, Jeff Heath, Cam Fleming, Malliek Collins, even Witten. With very little cap room, they'll need to really hit it in the draft just to stay even.
Glad Heath is gone he blows. Losing Quinn is tough hopefully they have enough cap room to bring in some dl help. Witten is my 2nd fav cowboy ever behind emitt but the guy is on his last legs.

Bucs 2020 schedule isn’t easy.
Man
They get the NFC and AFC West just like the AFC East.

Mahomes at Brady will be on prime time.
As will Brees and Brady.

Plus Rodgers at Brady.

Bucs are going to get 5 primetime games.
Bucs-Saints on Thanksgiving would be a good game.

Bucs 2020 schedule isn’t easy.
Man
They get the NFC and AFC West just like the AFC East.

Mahomes at Brady will be on prime time.
As will Brees and Brady.

Plus Rodgers at Brady.

Bucs are going to get 5 primetime games.
Bucs-Saints on Thanksgiving would be a good game.
They’ll likely bury the absolute woodshed beating the bucs will get in the Jones-brady game at 1.

They’ll likely bury the absolute woodshed beating the bucs will get in the Jones-brady game at 1.

Tampa-Giants is a good week 1 game honestly.
Doubleheader 4:25 game week 1.
If the nfl can stop scheduling Giants at Cowboys week 1.

If I’m FOX, I put Giants-bucs at 4:20 v the Masters on CBS...and try to steal the Northeast eyeballs.

Defense is losing most of its LB core.
Collins and KVN gone.

They have an elite secondary and average front four.
Their special teams will be good.
Their schedule is brutal next year.

At Seattle
At LA Rams
At LA Chargers
At Kansas City
At Houston
At Miami
At New York Jets
At Buffalo

If they win more than 2 of those it will be a good job.

Home schedule is easier
San Francisco
Arizona
Baltimore
Las Vegas Raiders
Denver
Miami
NY Jets
Buffalo

If the Pats roll with Stidham 5-11 is in play easily.
That isn’t too far from Lawrence level.
It’s 2 wins.

2 wins might as well be 10 wins away. Ya ain't getting Lawrence either way.

I
2 wins might as well be 10 wins away. Ya ain't getting Lawrence either way.
I am going to respond even though I know it will just cause crap to fly back and forth and I am sick of that at this point after dealing with morons tonight.
If the Patriots go 5-11 that probably puts them in 4-8 range in the draft order.

That isn’t first but who knows who will have the worst record next year. What happens if the Bengals have the worst record next year?
Do they take Lawrence after taking Burrow?
Patriots could trade up. It’s not impossible to move up if they are in range of the pick.

The team needs to suck next year and retool for 2021.
They have 25 million in dead cap space next year between Brady, Antonio Brown, Aaron Hernandez.
They need to get thru next year to be able to retool the roster.
Belichick is paying the bill for pushing all the contracts as long as he could to compete.

It’s the main reason he didn’t want Brady. He couldn’t keep Brady unless Brady took a massive paycut which shouldn’t have been expected.

They can't . Expect it again for the next 27 years.

If I’m FOX, I put Giants-bucs at 4:20 v the Masters on CBS...and try to steal the Northeast eyeballs.
You think the Masters is going to get pushed all the way back to football season?
I think it’s cancelled for the entire year and just comes back in 2021.
The tournament is too traditional to change that much.

You think the Masters is going to get pushed all the way back to football season?
No chance the biggest golf event of the year gets cancelled. I could see it being pushed to August or labor day weekend.

The Saints better draft some DB’s. Don’t love seeing Brady in the division as a Saints fan, but this is no AFC East.

That’s 1 tournament that will get played.

Augusta closes from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

The Derby just took Labor Day weekend but they could still sneak it in there.

Otherwise, my guess is the 2nd to last or last week in September or it will be in late October during either the LCS or WS when the only baseball games are at night.

That’s 1 tournament that will get played.

Augusta closes from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

The Derby just took Labor Day weekend but they could still sneak it in there.

Otherwise, my guess is the 2nd to last or last week in September or it will be in late October during either the LCS or WS when the only baseball games are at night.
ESPN says October for the Masters.

Sports are going to be insane this fall.

I

I am going to respond even though I know it will just cause crap to fly back and forth and I am sick of that at this point after dealing with morons tonight.
If the Patriots go 5-11 that probably puts them in 4-8 range in the draft order.

That isn’t first but who knows who will have the worst record next year. What happens if the Bengals have the worst record next year?
Do they take Lawrence after taking Burrow?
Patriots could trade up. It’s not impossible to move up if they are in range of the pick.

The team needs to suck next year and retool for 2021.
They have 25 million in dead cap space next year between Brady, Antonio Brown, Aaron Hernandez.
They need to get thru next year to be able to retool the roster.
Belichick is paying the bill for pushing all the contracts as long as he could to compete.

It’s the main reason he didn’t want Brady. He couldn’t keep Brady unless Brady took a massive paycut which shouldn’t have been expected.

I think u sell the Pats short. They're not going to be a 5-11 team. The division is nothing special. I could see them at or a little below .500. Certainly nowhere near the bottom 4-5 teams. The problem with getting Lawrence is that multiple teams will want him and it would cost a king's ransom to get that first draft pick. Even if the Bengals drafted first next year they're going to want to trade with somebody right near them in the draft order. I don't see the Pats being in the top five in draft order. Honestly I'd peg the odds at 1 in 50 to get that pick.

So we got some QB answers...
Brady- Bucs
Brees- Saints
Bridgewater- Panthers
Rivers- Colts
Mariota- Raiders
Prescott- Cowboys (tagged)
Tannehill- Titans (resigned)
Keenum- Browns

Still available... Winston, Newton (trade/cut), Foles (trade?), Hill (RFA- 1st round tender)

So we got some QB answers...
Brady- Bucs
Brees- Saints
Bridgewater- Panthers
Rivers- Colts
Mariota- Raiders
Prescott- Cowboys (tagged)
Tannehill- Titans (resigned)
Keenum- Browns

Still available... Winston, Newton (trade/cut), Foles (trade?), Hill (RFA- 1st round tender)
Dalton may figure in somewhere too.

No chance the biggest golf event of the year gets cancelled. I could see it being pushed to August or labor day weekend.

Late August is like a sub-season on a golf course. Everything is still. Wonder if they can pull it off between political conventions and the Derby (which is to be my first trip to that one).