NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Bucs should offer a future pick for Edelman.
Sign Dion Lewis as a 3rd down back.
Get Antonio Brown.

Spend whatever they have and go after Clowney.

Next year go all-in.
Spend their first round pick on BPA and their second round pick on a QB for the future.

Get Antonio Brown.

Next year go all-in.
Spend their first round pick on BPA and their second round pick on a QB for the future.

In all seriousness, I imagine they will draft an OT and RB in the first two rounds to round out the offense (or possibly a safety somewhere in there if they don't sign one, but there's plenty of safeties available right now).

In all seriousness, I imagine they will draft an OT and RB in the first two rounds to round out the offense (or possibly a safety somewhere in there if they don't sign one, but there's plenty of safeties available right now).
Brady is going to want players he is familiar with.
He is very control oriented. He will lose his chit with players not being where they are supposed to be.
Which is why Dion Lewis who is a FA and knows Brady is a good pickup candidate.
Brady likes to have WRs run option routes to have easy pass windows.
Evans will stretch the D but Godwin I think is the slot guy who will have a better season IMO.
Antonio Brown would be an Edelman on steroids if he is healthy.

Ronald Jones not sure how good he is but Brady likes having a 3rd down back who can catch.
You guys will draft a QB for the future as Arians will want Leftwich to replace him. My guess is second round as their will be some good prospects there like a Fromm, Stanley, Hurts types.

You can’t have a 43 year old QB and not have a young guy in the pipes.

Wouldn’t shock me if the Bucs took a QB in the first round after a trade a down.

Vegas keeping the Patriots as the favorite in the AFC East is just insane trust in Belichick.
Stidham must be good or the Vegas really thinks the Bills are flukes.
+165 on the Bills looks like a real good bet to win the AFC East.

Brady is going to want players he is familiar with.
He is very control oriented. He will lose his chit with players not being where they are supposed to be.
Which is why Dion Lewis who is a FA and knows Brady is a good pickup candidate.
Brady likes to have WRs run option routes to have easy pass windows.
Evans will stretch the D but Godwin I think is the slot guy who will have a better season IMO.
Antonio Brown would be an Edelman on steroids if he is healthy.

Ronald Jones not sure how good he is but Brady likes having a 3rd down back who can catch.
You guys will draft a QB for the future as Arians will want Leftwich to replace him. My guess is second round as their will be some good prospects there like a Fromm, Stanley, Hurts types.

You can’t have a 43 year old QB and not have a young guy in the pipes.

Wouldn’t shock me if the Bucs took a QB in the first round after a trade a down.

I think Dion makes a lot of sense as the 3rd down back and think he'll get serious consideration, but I imagine they'll be drafting someone like Dobbins, Taylor, or Swift to take the bulk of the touches there.

I'm really curious to see if they sign Antonio. That would have to be the strongest WR trio on paper of all-time right? At least in the discussion.

I hope Belichick trades Gilmore.
Even better make it a 2021 first round pick.

Offer him to New Orleans for the 2021 first round pick and to entice the Saints offer to keep his salary cap hit for this season on the Patriots books and the Saints get him for cheap this year.

Bucs media reporting they will almost certainly not pursue Antonio Brown

Man, I thought Jurrell Casey was still a stud, apparently not. 7th rounder from Denver. His salary isn't that bad either considering it's probably below market value right now for a high level DT.

New England media is saying Gilmore is absolutely available.

I am loving that. He is a perfect fit for the Saints. Hope a team at the bottom half of the first round comes calling.
I doubt Minnesota would want him but who knows. San Fran has Sherman. Maybe Seattle.

Liking Miami’s moves, and I haven’t been able to say that in 15 years.

Miami has to spend its cap space as I believe the new CBA will restrict how much teams can carry over depending on the new spending thresholds in it.

Flores is a good coach. He is basically signing anyone with ties to the Patriots and the most talent available.

Now let’s see if they trade up for Tua or go with another QB in this draft.
Dolphins have more talent on their roster right now than the Patriots.

Good

As long as Andy Dalton doesn’t end up in New England I will be happy with this.

Need to trade something 5/26/70 to get Tua at 3, then have 18/39/56 to add 3 more starters. Then have 2 1sts and 2 2nds next year too. Really like the way things are going. Probably end up with 5-6 wins next year and something like the 5th and 18th picks in'21 and 4 in the top 50. It'll be similar to what happened with the Browns. 2 years of being terrible and dismantling and then quickly becoming competent again and if you hit right on the QB then the future is really bright.

As a Dolphins fan, you should be REALLY excited about that Hopkins trade. Was like a little extra present in the Tunsil trade.

Good

As long as Andy Dalton doesn’t end up in New England I will be happy with this.

Wonder if Jameis has no market as a starter anywhere else if Bill will take a shot on him for 1 year at $12-15m. Probably best case scenario for both sides.

Wonder if Jameis has no market as a starter anywhere else if Bill will take a shot on him for 1 year at $12-15m. Probably best case scenario for both sides.
Belichick isn’t spending real money this offseason on FA.
He is standing to gain a lot of compensatory picks.

Brady will net them the 97th pick next year.
KVN a 3rd round pick.
Collins a 4th round pick.
Karras a 6th round pick.

Signing Jameis to real money would cost them a 4th round pick.

They will likely wait for the Colts to cut Brian Hoyer and give him a vet deal.
Or trade for Jacoby Brissett for a mid/late round pick.

When/Hopefully Belichick trades Gilmore for a 2021 pick. The plan hopefully will become clearer. It’s 50:50 he trades him.

Belichick isn’t spending real money this offseason on FA.
He is standing to gain a lot of compensatory picks.

Brady will net them the 97th pick next year.
KVN a 3rd round pick.
Collins a 4th round pick.
Karras a 6th round pick.

Signing Jameis to real money would cost them a 4th round pick.

They will likely wait for the Colts to cut Brian Hoyer and give him a vet deal.
Or trade for Jacoby Brissett for a mid/late round pick.
Those are guesses as is mine. We've never seen him in this situation before so you have no clue what he's going to do. EVERY single season in NE he has had stability at QB so all you can do is assume and there is no history to back up any assumption. This isn't RG that we are talking about here. If anything, Belichick has a history of going after undervalued assets, both in players and picks. Jameis, who led the NFL in passing yards (and picks) would qualify as an undervalued asset as a starter at $12-15m.

Get Antonio Brown.

Next year go all-in.
They have enough receivers they need oline help.

Sounds like the Birds are going to get their cornerback... Darius Slay. Working on a 3 year extension in the trade. They missed on Byron Jones (who they gave a big offer to, but he wanted a fresh start and out of the NFC East). CB is a big need and Slay is legit. Now for the draft capital they are giving up to get him?

Last edited:
Sounds like the Birds are going to get their cornerback... Darius Slay. Working on a 3 year extension in the trade. They missed on Byron Jones (who they gave a big offer to, but he wanted a fresh start and out of the NFC East). CB is a big need and Slay is legit. Now for the draft capital they are giving up to get him?

3rd and 5th. Not too much. Now Lions trade the 3rd pick to Miami for some 5 plus some combination of 26/39/70 and take Okudah at 5 and roll with Trufant/Okudah and have a bunch of extra picks to go with all their Patriot retreads.

Can’t wait to trade Donta Hightower to the Lions for a 4th round pick.

Find a taker for Edelman, Gilmore and people say they aren’t a contender for Lawrence.
The Patriots roster right now has 1 elite player, a couple above average defenders, 1 32 year old playmaker, and one good OL men.

12.5% of their cap space is tied to dead money( which is probably the highest in the NFL right now)
They are totally a contender for Trevor Lawrence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom