NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 168 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Lest we forget, 2020 NFC East is one perennial SB contender shy of resembling the AFC East for much of 2002-2019.
The Jets played in the AFC title game in back to back years in 2009-2010.

The Redskins and Cowboys won 1
More playoff game than the Bills and Dolphins during that time.

The NFC East is living off its rep from the early 1990s.

New England sucks this year and they would be in first place if they played this year in the NFC East.

The more I think about it, the more it's incredibly lucky that Hinton, for Denver, didn't get a serious injury.

This is a joke.

Ravens need to play with the team they have.
The Broncos qbs put it on themselves not wearing masks at the facility. If your not going to follow the rules there is no sympathy.

The Broncos qbs put it on themselves not wearing masks at the facility. If your not going to follow the rules there is no sympathy.

The "Rules" are dumb from that standpoint.

Wearing a mask is dumb?

As Professional Athletes (pro football players) who are the in the peak of health and fitness. Yes. Don't give me the less then point percentage point who might deal with some lasting condition. Also their own facility around other peak physical health and fitness athletes.

The more I think about it, the more it's incredibly lucky that Hinton, for Denver, didn't get a serious injury.

This is a joke.

Ravens need to play with the team they have.
Hurt? Lol. He’s a paid professional athlete.

Again, it’s not the NFL’s fault that the Broncos are poorly managed and poorly coached. Lot’s of teams have had one of their QB’s completely quarantined since camps broke to avoid exactly this situation.

And again, it’s not the NFL’s fault that the players did not want to bubble. Once a bubble was out the window, the season was ALWAYS going to be this way. That’s just common sense reality. The players also were given the opportunity to opt out.

The NFL is only adjusting schedule for Covid safety, not competitive balance. No one is being screwed. No one. This is 2020. Either you accept that things will be a bit different or you whine and cry about it while everyone else mocks you with their best Livia Soprano impression.

If your team didn’t sequester a QB - that’s on you. If your team didn’t wear masks in meeting rooms - that’s on you.

So the NFL couldn’t have moved the game Tuesday so the team could sign a QB who could pass the testing and protocols?

While the Ravens players can dictate when they play.

So the NFL couldn’t have moved the game Tuesday so the team could sign a QB who could pass the testing and protocols?

While the Ravens players can dictate when they play.
I don't know why the Ravens are getting away with murder you would have to ask your boy roger. I like that the league is getting tough if your going disobey the guidelines and rules we aren't going to go out of our way for you.

I don't know why the Ravens are getting away with murder you would have to ask your boy roger. I like that the league is getting tough if your going disobey the guidelines and rules we aren't going to go out of our way for you.
They are only pushing games back if new positives come too close to the scheduled game day. There is no other reason.

New England sucks this year and they would be in first place if they played this year in the NFC East.

The Alsacs doth protest too much.

7 times has the AFC East runner up claimed a Wild Card berth since 2002.

3 of those 7 have been since 2016 (Dolphins & Bills finally rejoined the post season party).

No need to go back to the early 90s...

NFC East has claimed the WC 11 times in the same period with 2nd & 3rd place teams sweeping both WC spots in 2006 & 2007.

Again, it’s not the NFL’s fault that the Broncos are poorly managed and poorly coached. Lot’s of teams have had one of their QB’s completely quarantined since camps broke to avoid exactly this situation.

And again, it’s not the NFL’s fault that the players did not want to bubble. Once a bubble was out the window, the season was ALWAYS going to be this way. That’s just common sense reality. The players also were given the opportunity to opt out.

The NFL is only adjusting schedule for Covid safety, not competitive balance. No one is being screwed. No one. This is 2020. Either you accept that things will be a bit different or you whine and cry about it while everyone else mocks you with their best Livia Soprano impression.

If your team didn’t sequester a QB - that’s on you. If your team didn’t wear masks in meeting rooms - that’s on you.
Poorly managed, you don't have a clue. The qb's did that themselves meet up on an off day and were reviewing film inside the facility and weren't wearing their masks for some sort of time. Someone came in and told on them and sent video to the league. How many teams and players pull down their masks or don't wear them all the way up for any amount of time?? Yeah none I'm sure.

They also just changed the rules, you know move the goal posts, like a week ago. They're inconsistent at best with what they deem punishable etc. So why did the Titans get to get away with all their bs earlier? Why when the tape was sent out on Thursday, they didn't receive a ruling on what takes place until late Saturday?? They screwed the Broncos by not getting a ruling fast enough to at least go through a practice with whatever they were going to do at qb. The only thing you got right was it was always going to be this way without a bubble, and that's why this seasons a sham. Add in the league's inconsistent doling out of punishment and there you go.

Poorly managed, you don't have a clue. The qb's did that themselves meet up on an off day and were reviewing film inside the facility and weren't wearing their masks for some sort of time. Someone came in and told on them and sent video to the league. How many teams and players pull down their masks or don't wear them all the way up for any amount of time?? Yeah none I'm sure.

They also just changed the rules, you know move the goal posts, like a week ago. They're inconsistent at best with what they deem punishable etc. So why did the Titans get to get away with all their bs earlier? Why when the tape was sent out on Thursday, they didn't receive a ruling on what takes place until late Saturday?? They screwed the Broncos by not getting a ruling fast enough to at least go through a practice with whatever they were going to do at qb. The only thing you got right was it was always going to be this way without a bubble, and that's why this seasons a sham. Add in the league's inconsistent doling out of punishment and there you go.
9BB4461B-218D-4415-A7C6-2D49E597069F.gif

you only mentioned Washington and Dallas...
tenor.gif

Again...what does a paid pro athlete have to with proper safety? The players union has rules about a lot of things that need to take place to ensure certain levels of safety. Not being forced to roll a guy out from the practice squad in a moments notice in a different position with no practice should be an easy mark to hit. I listened to an ex player lay this out along with some others and it makes perfect sense. But go ahead with the arm chair takes.

Again...what does a paid pro athlete have to with proper safety? The players union has rules about a lot of things that need to take place to ensure certain levels of safety. Not being forced to roll a guy out from the practice squad in a moments notice in a different position with no practice should be an easy mark to hit. I listened to an ex player lay this out along with some others and it makes perfect sense. But go ahead with the arm chair takes.
A football player playing football, the horror!!!

Man, you’re really taking this hard. Poor guy.
Not taking anything hard, my team sucks this season, so this doesn't have any impact on our season. I just actually try and educate myself and learn details of things that happen, then call it like I see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom