NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 170 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

He put that together to demonstrate that the Patsies’ dynasty wasn’t materially aided by slapping around the AFC East every year.

NE dominating the rest of the NFL doesn’t disprove that the other three AFC East clubs were mostly awful for 15 years.
They were mostly awful cuz they couldn’t win the division. When you can’t win the division you can’t make the playoffs. When you can’t make the playoffs you can’t retain homegrown talent, you can’t attract good FA’s or talented coordinators/lower level coaches in the offseason.

You can’t get better.

Then GMs get fired, coaches get fired. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

I'm not sure what any of us would do without your football expertise.
I’m sure the OT board is thinking the same for you and thankful little baby took his ball and won’t go back.
But you being the smartest guy in the room can’t any take push back because of Donald Trump. Go get your shinebox and please stay safe in these pandemic times.
God knows this board can’t survive without your passive aggressive snark at me.

They were mostly awful cuz they couldn’t win the division. When you can’t win the division you can’t make the playoffs. When you can’t make the playoffs you can’t retain homegrown talent, you can’t attract good FA’s or talented coordinators/lower level coaches in the offseason.

You can’t get better.

Then GMs get fired, coaches get fired. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Never heard a Bills fan say they sucked because NE was too good.

Most Bills fans I know would say Ralph being an ancient absentee owner and the uncertainty around what would happen to the franchise after he died were the biggest contributors to their futility.

Your premise is wrong and your favorite team’s recent success proves how incorrect you are.

How did Buffalo make the playoffs in 2017 & 2019 (since they didn’t win the division)?

How did NE do in those years?

I’m sure the OT board is thinking the same for you and thankful little baby took his ball and won’t go back.
But you being the smartest guy in the room can’t any take push back because of Donald Trump. Go get your shinebox and please stay safe in these pandemic times.
Man - the feels from the echo chamber room are flowing over to the NFL thread the last 24 hours. Lol!

Most Bills fans I know would say Ralph being an ancient absentee owner and the uncertainty around what would happen to the franchise after he died were the biggest contributors to their futility.

Your premise is wrong and your favorite team’s recent success proves how incorrect you are.

How did Buffalo make the playoffs in 2017 & 2019 (since they didn’t win the division)?

Of course the Bills sucked on their own. I’m not arguing otherwise. Doesn’t change the basic premise of my post.

The Bills fans you know were also worried about McDermott and Beane leaving because of Kim Pegula... lol... how’s that theory holding up?

The point is NE sucked the oxygen out of those AFCE teams.
They had to win about 11-12 wins to get a home playoff games.
Home playoff games are huge for success.
NE rode HFa a lot in the postseason.
Those other AFC East teams were preseason talking about getting a wildcard which reduces your potential.

If the Jets could have hosted the Steelers in 2010 AFC title game they have a really good shot to win but they always had to win playoff games on the road.

Dolphins and Bills had an 800 pound gorilla which hurt them.

It’s a legit argument.

Man - the feels from the echo chamber room are flowing over to the NFL thread the last 24 hours. Lol!
He wants to make it personal I am going to respond. I don’t start it but the jack wagon wants a flame war. I tend to ignore his posts my post stands in what I said. I really hope he stays safe during this pandemic times.

He wants to make it personal I am going to respond. I don’t start it but the jack wagon wants a flame war. I tend to ignore his posts my post stands in what I said. I really hope he stays safe during this pandemic times.
Everybody needs a rival. Lol.

I do have to admit... your “go fornicate yourself with an iron stick” line the other day had me laughing hard.

Those other AFC East teams were preseason talking about getting a wildcard which reduces your potential.

If the Jets could have hosted the Steelers in 2010 AFC title game they have a really good shot to win but they always had to win playoff games on the road.

It’s a legit argument.
Perhaps this theory is no good but you let me know..... I think Brady particularly liked beating the Bills because of Bills fans. Obviously they were always big games bc its a division opponent, but I think the passion and mouthyness of Bills fans really brought out a particularly sadistic layer of Brady’s unmatched competitiveness.

OK, everyone's vented their spleen. Now, we can knock it off. No one wants to read that, especially in an NFL thread.

Let's keep on topic. Fair warning. Thanks.

Of course the Bills sucked on their own. I’m not arguing otherwise. Doesn’t change the basic premise of my post.

The Bills fans you know were also worried about McDermott and Beane leaving because of Kim Pegula... lol... how’s that theory holding up?

"They were mostly awful cuz they couldn't win the division. When you can’t win the division you can’t make the playoffs "

(Points out that his team has gone to the playoffs twice without winning the division)

"Of course the Bills sucked on their own. I'm not arguing otherwise."

Props for taking the L with distinction.

And you're the only person in WNY who would tempt fate by laughing off the possibility of Kim Pegula botching up the Bills. It wasn't a theory, it was a warning:

1606829775046.png

Keep doing you, Tuffy!

so which is worse the Philly offense with Wentz or the Giants offense with Colt,

It’s a legit argument.

You proved that NE's dominance extended beyond the AFC East. It's clear that NE strangled the life out of their division.

I also think there's ample evidence (e.g. recycling head coaches, starting QBs) that shows how substandard the rest of the AFC East was for a huge portion of their dominance.

The rest is just debating degrees of how much they sucked.

Of course, as a Patsy fan you're going to say they weren't THAT bad (and struggle to keep a straight face).

Bottom line - I'm glad the Bills & Dolphins have seemingly got their stuff together while NE is vulnerable. It's good for the NFL.

What's with the constant comments to me about staying safe amidst the pandemic? Must be at least the 4th or 5th time you've said that to me.

"They were mostly awful cuz they couldn't win the division. When you can’t win the division you can’t make the playoffs "

(Points out that his team has gone to the playoffs twice without winning the division)

"Of course the Bills sucked on their own. I'm not arguing otherwise."

Props for taking the L with distinction.

And you're the only person in WNY who would tempt fate by laughing off the possibility of Kim Pegula botching up the Bills. It wasn't a theory, it was a warning:

View attachment 192161

Keep doing you, Tuffy!
Tuffy? Lol

Anyone posting in this thread, I’m sure, is well aware that you don’t have to win the division to make the playoffs.

Terry and Kim Pegula give McD & Beane everything they need. The Sabres suck cuz they’ve been hiring shitty GMs - it has nothing to do w Kim Pegula being some kind of evil management mini-Hitler.

Tuffy? Lol

Anyone posting in this thread, I’m sure, is well aware that you don’t have to win the division to make the playoffs.

Terry and Kim Pegula give McD & Beane everything they need. The Sabres suck cuz they’ve been hiring shitty GMs - it has nothing to do w Kim Pegula being some kind of evil management mini-Hitler.

Stop diggin and put the shovel down, my man.

It's over.

I think the 2004 Bills were considered to be one of the best teams to not make the playoffs in the modern era.

Friggin Willie Parker...

I think the 2004 Bills were considered to be one of the best teams to not make the playoffs in the modern era.

Friggin Willie Parker...
That was a bad day.

Friggin Willie Parker...
id go with the 10-6 2010 New York Football Giants...2 years removed from 1 title and a year short of another who had to sit out the playoffs so a 7-9 Seattle team could play and watch as a 6th seed Packer team won the SuperBowl,

but thats just me.

how many SuperBowls were the Bills winning in that 2004 era again??...

thanks.

id go with the 10-6 2010 New York Football Giants...2 years removed from 1 title and a year short of another who had to sit out the playoffs so a 7-9 Seattle team could play and watch as a 6th seed Packer team won the SuperBowl,

but thats just me.

how many SuperBowls were the Bills winning in that 2004 era again??...

thanks.

I think that Giants team was one of the teams listed as well. The Miracle at the Meadowlands 2 cost them the division that year. They would've gotten the Packers at home in the Wild Card round, if they take them out then the Giants would've had a solid shot to win it.

I think that Giants team was one of the teams listed as well. The Miracle at the Meadowlands 2 cost them the division that year. They would've gotten the Packers at home in the Wild Card round, if they take them out then the Giants would've had a solid shot to win it.
as soon as i posted that, i new someone would bring that up...

1606833843749.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom