NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 232 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

I'm not sure what the bigger farce is. Eagles fans thinking Jalen Hurts is some sort of savior or Giants fans thinking they were jobbed out of a playoff spot.
1 - Jalen Hurts is not a good QB. He did not put up good #'s. He was marginally better than Carson Wntz in Wentz's worst ever NFL season.
2- The Giants won only 6 games and lost 10. It was farcical to listen to the game announcers talk about how valiant the Giants were competing for the playoffs. Most teams with their record are thinking about replacing their coach and/or QB. (D Jones was the 30th ranked QB)
3 - Different topic but...The Redskins have a good defense. Alex Smith stinks and always has. He is the 31st ranked QB this season. Shhh...

Unbelievably insufferable. Judge COTY! He may have the best PR machine behind him this side of the 49ers DC.

You better be a special talent to be taken in the top 10 as a Tight End. If the Cowboys take him at 10 I will be furious.

He's lined up all over the place. TE, slot, out wide... Calling him a tight end doesn't do him justice and he has put in a lot of reps at those other spots.

I'm not saying if the Cowboys should or shouldn't take him, but I think he's essentially the third best pass catching option on the board after Chase and Smith and maybe the #1 guy to be able to get a mismatch against a D.

He's lined up all over the place. TE, slot, out wide... Calling him a tight end doesn't do him justice and he has put in a lot of reps at those other spots.

I'm not saying if the Cowboys should or shouldn't take him, but I think he's essentially the third best pass catching option on the board after Chase and Smith and maybe the #1 guy to be able to get a mismatch against a D.
Fair enough. Cowboys don't need playmakers on O they need them on D. No clue what the contract situation for Cooper is, but they have one of the best, maybe the best, trios of wideouts in the league and they have 2 solid TEs too.

Bump.

I wonder how Dougie P and the front office can look this guy in the eye.

The players played hard all year. They played hard in the Washington game. They wanted to win. Pederson pulled the rug out. Regardless of whether it was the call of Lurie/Roseman, which I think it was, Doug lost the team there, and it's not gonna be easy for him to get them back.

just the browns luck that they make the playoffs and their coach gets covid.
Jeez! Brutal.

For the sake of one of my Browns-fan-buddies... I hope OSU beats Bama

Cowboys have enough weapons between Gallup, Cooper and Lamb.

They need DL and LBs badly.
Their pick has to be defense.
Parsons or a DL.

Parsons or a DL.
Defense or a Tackle, they need to replace Smith he is just about done.

Sorry Giant fans, I thought this was pretty funny.

FB_IMG_1609809729956.jpg.9397dd295c71044a239372d47e786083.jpg

PFF’s overall ranking of playoff teams averaged by position group. Pittsburgh ain’t good at all on offense.

Parsons or a DL.

More than just defense. It has to be a playmaker. Someone who more than just solid.

The players played hard all year. They played hard in the Washington game. They wanted to win. Pederson pulled the rug out. Regardless of whether it was the call of Lurie/Roseman, which I think it was, Doug lost the team there, and it's not gonna be easy for him to get them back.

Totally agree. But the players and most everybody else knows that ownership made that call. My point was yes DP involved for sure but it goes even beyond DP.

Parsons or a DL.

Their secondary ain't nothin' to write home about either.

Lurie and Roseman really screwed Pederson in the locker room.

I believe all of that report but the part about the other coaches not knowing about Sudfeld was off the mark. I read a few stories prior to the game that Sudfeld might play.

Totally agree. But the players and most everybody else knows that ownership made that call. My point was yes DP involved for sure but it goes even beyond DP.

If the brass was so concerned about protecting that pick, they should have announced ahead of time that Sudfeld would play the whole game. That way, you don't have the team spilling their guts like that only to take their chance to win away from them in the 4th quarter.

If the brass was so concerned about protecting that pick, they should have announced ahead of time that Sudfeld would play the whole game. That way, you don't have the team spilling their guts like that only to take their chance to win away from them in the 4th quarter.

Totally agree. Handled very poorly by all involved. And the brass was very concerned. that's obvious to me.

More than just defense. It has to be a playmaker. Someone who more than just solid.
Well there are no elite pass rushers in this draft so good luck with that. Micah Parsons is the best they could hope for and get out of Jaylon Smith's contract.

Raiders were going for 2 and had personel running off and on and wouldn’t have gotten the play off. Denver coach called a TO and allowed Raiders to get the play and converted the 2pt conversion.

Raiders only win b/c Fangio is dumber than Gruden. Speaking of dumb nice DUI Jacobs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom