NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 234 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Fortunately Houston doesn’t have time on their side and Watson’s worth a pretty penny

He just signed an extension last year. I suppose he could force a trade, but I start high as a GM. If you're trading him you are admitting to a complete rebuild. He was 3rds best QB this year according to PFF at 25 years old. It should take a kings ransom to get him. He should be getting just as much press as Allen, but because they gave up 464 points he isn't.

This whole Watson getting traded thing is about as far fetched as the Dolphins winning the East this year or Tua being good. Lol.

Y’all cook up some laughs for me. Thanks.

It’s not about Floyd IMO. He sent the tweet after the Texans had hired Caserio.

He is stuck in Houston 4 more years with Jack Easterby who is probably the biggest snake in the league in control in Houston.

Watch Houston hire Josh McDaniels or Brian Daboil.
Caserio and McDaniels went to John Carroll together and they are really close.
I had my sights seton him and I wonder if the Giants new tbis was in place and kept Gettleman for another year because their GM target was taken.

GMDG certainly hasn’t batted a 1.000 in FA & the draft, but I’m ok with another year, maybe 2 if things go they way I hope in 21.

This whole Watson getting traded thing is about as far fetched as the Dolphins winning the East this year or Tua being good. Lol.

Y’all cook up some laughs for me. Thanks.

Agreed. A QB of his caliber at that age has never and will never be traded. There's maybe 3-4 guys in the league right now with his potential long term.

He just signed an extension last year. I suppose he could force a trade, but I start high as a GM. If you're trading him you are admitting to a complete rebuild. He was 3rds best QB this year according to PFF at 25 years old. It should take a kings ransom to get him. He should be getting just as much press as Allen, but because they gave up 464 points he isn't.
If Houston had draft capital the idea of trading Watson would be stupid and not even a discussion.
They had no first round pick last year.
Their 2019 first round pick is a RT who has been average.
They have no 2020 first or second round pick.
They traded a 2nd round pick they got for DeAndre Hopkins to get Brandin Cooks from LA.

They are 17.7 million over the cap.
Which means they have to cut JJ Watt who is a 17.5 million cap hit unless he restructures.
Cooks could be cut and that would save them 12 million but they gave up a 2nd round pick for him.
The team won’t have cap space to upgrade their team this year.

They are going to suck next year because their defense sucks.
Now Watson may be able to turn 4-12 to 8-8 next year but this team is going to take 2-3 years to clean up their cap and rebuild their defense.

Thus by that time Watson will be a year away from FA and he is going to get another insane contract because he only signed a 4 year extension.

Houston has the QB but the Easterby/Littlefinger situation creates a toxic situation.

Agreed. A QB of his caliber at that age has never and will never be traded. There's maybe 3-4 guys in the league right now with his potential long term.
Jay Cutler wasn’t as good as Watson but he was thought of more highly in 2007. When McDaniels wanted to trade for Cassel and it leaked he forced Denver to trade him.

Watson would need to force this.

Jay Cutler wasn’t as good as Watson but he was thought of more highly in 2007. When McDaniels wanted to trade for Cassel and it leaked he forced Denver to trade him.

Watson would need to force this.

Yeah and McDaniels still didn't get enough. It was why he got fired.

So the fish have already given up on Tua??

does nobody listen to KaiserGM??
you wouldn’t give up on Tua if Deshaun Watson was an option?

Yeah and McDaniels still didn't get enough. It was why he got fired.
He got fired for what ssbriefcase would tell you.
McDaniels acted like an a$$ and thought he could be Belichick without building the culture first.

The 2 first round picks was fine compensation. He used one of them on Tim Tebow.

If Houston had draft capital the idea of trading Watson would be stupid and not even a discussion.
They had no first round pick last year.
Their 2019 first round pick is a RT who has been average.
They have no 2020 first or second round pick.
They traded a 2nd round pick they got for DeAndre Hopkins to get Brandin Cooks from LA.

They are 17.7 million over the cap.
Which means they have to cut JJ Watt who is a 17.5 million cap hit unless he restructures.
Cooks could be cut and that would save them 12 million but they gave up a 2nd round pick for him.
The team won’t have cap space to upgrade their team this year.

They are going to suck next year because their defense sucks.
Now Watson may be able to turn 4-12 to 8-8 next year but this team is going to take 2-3 years to clean up their cap and rebuild their defense.

Thus by that time Watson will be a year away from FA and he is going to get another insane contract because he only signed a 4 year extension.

Houston has the QB but the Easterby/Littlefinger situation creates a toxic situation.

You don't have to tell me. I watched Drew Brees go 7-9 four out of 5 seasons in his age 32-36 seasons because the Saints gave up 425 points 4 times. It still would have been stupid to trade him. They could have and probably don't win 50 games like they have the past 4 seasons.

The Watson trades only slightly feasible because there’s no point in arguing “but it’d trigger a rebuild”.

The Texans are screwed and already need a rebuild. If they can get their pick + additional picks and the money back then they save year(s) on that inevitable rebuild.

If the Chiefs win next weekend, they will be the first AFC team to ever host three straight AFC title games. The only NFC team to do it was the Eagles in the early 2000s. Andy Reid: coach of both.

The Watson trades only slightly feasible because there’s no point in arguing “but it’d trigger a rebuild”.

The Texans are screwed and already need a rebuild.

It's easier to find receivers/RB's or corners off that scrape heap (or undrafted FA's) to build your team than it is a QB. New England did this for most of 2 decades.

It's easier to find receivers or corners off that scrape heap (or undrafted FA's) to build your team than it is a QB. New England did this for most of 2 decades.
New England has HCBB.

You don't have to tell me. I watched Drew Brees go 7-9 four out of 5 seasons in his age 32-36 seasons because the Saints gave up 425 points 4 times. It still would have been stupid to trade him. They could have and probably don't win 50 games like they have the past 4 seasons.
Saints had won a SB with Brees they weren’t trading him after that.
Plus again you guys had draft capital.

These 2 years of no first or second round picks are going to kill the Texans cap. They are going to have to pay veterans who cost more cap dollars to and will eventually have it catch up.

Again I am not giving up Watson for nothing but a top 3 pick and multiple picks a nice foundation.
I don’t think Houston is winning anything the next 4 years.
Indianapolis has mastered the draft and has cap space.
Plus Tennessee is going to be good for 2-3 more years.
And Jacksonville is going to get Lawrence and has a ton of cap space.

Houston has Watson and garbage.

Yeah and his 11 to 13 wins a season decided to go to Florida.
If the Patriots had Ryan Fitzpatrick they win 10 games this year.
Cam prevented them for being able to throw the ball. They don’t need Watson to be really good they just a QB who can actually throw the ball.
With Watson they could win it all.

Belichick developed Jimmy G and Jacoby Brissett behind Brady.
He can find QBs outside of the first round.

The Patriots have a talent deficiency because they never draft high.

Their drafts haven’t been great but not bad either.

If the Patriots had Ryan Fitzpatrick they win 10 games this year.
Cam prevented them for being able to throw the ball.

Belichick developed Jimmy G and Jacoby Brissett behind Brady.
He can find QBs outside of the first round.

The Patriots have a talent deficiency because they never draft high.

Their drafts haven’t been great but not bad either.

The Patriots crap receivers also prevented them from being able to throw the ball.

The Patriots crap receivers also prevented them from being able to throw the ball.
Meyers, Byrd, Harry isn’t as bad as you think.
They aren’t Diggs but they are solid enough with a QB who could throw the ball they would be servicable.

Meyers could do the slot stuff.
Byrd is a speed guy.
Harry can go over the middle.
Plus James White is one of the best pass catching RBs. He was useless with Cam.
Look at Cam’s passing yards that isn’t on the WRs. He can’t throw.

Meyers, Byrd, Harry isn’t as bad as you think.
They aren’t Diggs but they are solid enough with a QB who could throw the ball they would be servicable.

Meyers could do the slot stuff.
Byrd is a speed guy.
Harry can go over the middle.

Meyers is good. I will give you that. So are the RB's and so is the line. Harry just doesn't get open and the neither do the tight ends. Cam was bad, but not as bad as one might think. Most QB's are going to struggle there. I think if they had Edelman for the entire season they would have at least been 8-8/9-7.

you wouldn’t give up on Tua if Deshaun Watson was an option?
I think hes sucks and won’t amount to much, but to give up on a 1st rnd pick after a small amount of games, coming back from that injury, when you got him for 4 more years on the cheap, to go and pay top $$ for another QB doesn’t seem to make much business sense.

bold, but I don’t know that will work either. It’s not happening of course, so wouldn’t even consider it.

you made your bed with Tua,now don’t hurt him when u sleep.

Imo 2016 showed me that BB can win with other qb’s, even if it was only 4 or 5 without Brady.

Meyers is good. I will give you that. So are the RB's and so is the line. Harry just doesn't get open and the neither do the tight ends. Cam was bad, but not as bad as one might think. Most QB's are going to struggle there. I think if they had Edelman for the entire season they would have at least been 8-8/9-7.
Mike Reiss Patriots beat guy thinks the cardinals-Patriots could trade Christian Kirk for N’Keal Harry since both have struggled in their spots and Harry could fit in Arizona.
Harry has been the Patriots TE these last games.
He isn’t great but he is out of position.

I don’t think Patriots have a great weapons core but their strength is running the ball but they can’t run the ball when the opponents stack the box with 8 because Cam can’t throw.

The Patriots are not close to a SB contender but they would have been close to a playoff team with just average QB play.
Like Alex Smith. Somebody who could complete passes.

Take out the Jets, Bills, Chiefs they went 5-6 they are middle of the road team with garbage QB play.

I think hes sucks and won’t amount to much, but to give up on a 1st rnd pick after a small amount of games, coming back from that injury, when you got him for 4 more years on the cheap, to go and pay top $$ for another QB doesn’t seem to make much business sense.

bold, but I don’t know that will work either. It’s not happening of course, so wouldn’t even consider it.

you made your bed with Tua,now don’t hurt him when u sleep.
I would agree with you but Deshaun Watson’s a massive talent that just needs people with hands at receiver and a defense to support him. Unless you already have a tier 1 Qb, or an established franchise starter, I don’t think you skip on this if it’s an opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom