NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 230 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

It's not about what they get, it's about what NBC demands in terms of quality content for what they pay for and the new TV contract negotiations are coming up.

I promise you Goodell is lighting people up today. I know for a fact that he's done so, directly to owners, for stuff way less impactful than what the Eagles did.
Do they call up Tampa Bay for their complete no show against the Saints a few weeks ago? That content was as bad as it gets. They got a one score game last night.

I'm not sure what the bigger farce is. Eagles fans thinking Jalen Hurts is some sort of savior or Giants fans thinking they were jobbed out of a playoff spot.
1 - Jalen Hurts is not a good QB. He did not put up good #'s. He was marginally better than Carson Wntz in Wentz's worst ever NFL season.
2- The Giants won only 6 games and lost 10. It was farcical to listen to the game announcers talk about how valiant the Giants were competing for the playoffs. Most teams with their record are thinking about replacing their coach and/or QB. (D Jones was the 30th ranked QB)
3 - Different topic but...The Redskins have a good defense. Alex Smith stinks and always has. He is the 31st ranked QB this season. Shhh...

Do people really think this? He was 7-20 for 72 yards and had just missed a wide open receiver in the end zone to take the lead. Feel like the twitter mob mentality took over last night and no one actually paid attention to how completely horrible Hurts actually was.

He ran for both touchdowns.

I wonder if staying in the division having to go against Kc twice would influence that decision.

Yeah... Can def seeing that being an issue... but man, Herbert has to be really appealing coming from working with Mahomes.

But with 7 teams making it to the playoffs now, maybe it's not that big of an issue?

Yeah... Can def seeing that being an issue... but man, Herbert has to be really appealing coming from working with Mahomes.

But with 7 teams making it to the playoffs now, maybe it's not that big of an issue?
Its very appealing, I just would wonder if Eric coming from Kc would want out of the division, perhaps Houston or Atlanta.

NBC chose the least compelling game. They knew Philly had nothing to play for. Why not choose one of the four games that had both teams playing for something?
The SNF week 17 game always involves a win and your in scenario.
It was obvious Washington-Philly was the right game because Washington had to win to make the playoffs.

The AFC games all had to be played at the same time for integrity.
Washington-Philly didn’t need to be played at the same time of another game because Washington controlled it’s own fate.

Arizona-LA had to be played the same time as Chicago-GB so Chicago had to try and win since GB needed that win to guarantee HFA.

The right game was SNF.
Philly didn’t have to go all-in to win Pederson just tanked the game in game which is kinda sleezy.

I really don’t have a strong opinion on the tanking other than how it affects the locker room . But the way Doug treated the Wentz/hurts issue already hurt him in the locker room and clearly (all but confirmed by Chris Long) the decision was done by Roseman and Lurie, not Doug. So is what it is.

the whole “integrity“ issue is laughable seeing that the nfl made Denver play without a Qb vs the saints...not to mention if you look at Barnwell and a couple other twitter accounts, week 17 tankings happen more than you think. They just aren’t on SNF. The Jets trotted out the corpse of Frank Gore all year and no one blinked

I am probably in the minority, but Washington has the type of defense that has historically bothered Brady over the years. A team that just needs to rush 4 and play 7 in coverage. It's very similar to the Ravens and Giants teams that have given him trouble. I still don't think Washington can score more than 17 though. I think Tampa wins 24 -14 or something like that.

I am probably in the minority, but Washington has the type of defense that has historically bothered Brady over the years. A team that just needs to rush 4 and play 7 in coverage. It's very similar to the Ravens and Giants teams that have given him trouble. I still don't think Washington can score more than 17 though. I think Tampa wins 24 -14 or something like that.
They will give him trouble for a bit but they have no offense.

Dolphins fired Chan. He clearly was not a long term play but I’m now uncomfy.

Dolphins fired Chan. He clearly was not a long term play but I’m now uncomfy.

So many young guns running around as Offensive coordinator type coaches out there though now and probably not the best fit with a QB like Tua.

The Houston job is the worst job out there right now.
I wouldn’t want it.
Jacksonville is the best job.
NY Jets if they don’t NY Jets it have a nice job but they unlike Jacksonville don’t have Lawrence. Jets have picks to stock up talent.

I wouldn’t want it.
NY Jets if they don’t NY Jets it have a nice job but they unlike Jacksonville don’t have Lawrence. Jets have picks to stock up talent.

I'm going to disagree a bit. I think San Diego is the best job out there. You have a young, proven quarterback and a team that should have had 3-4 more wins if there was a competent coach. The only thing is you are playing KC in your division. I think Herbert is really good.

I wouldn’t want it.
You care about draft picks too much.

There are creative ways to clear up cap problems relatively quickly and there are also creative ways to find more pick assets. For sure, there will always be FAs that want to play with Watson.

More than anything, if you’re a good coach you can squeeze more out of what you already have on the roster.

Watson is an unbelievable bird in hand. I don’t think Lawrence will ever become as good as him, imo. I could be wrong (and I don’t have a better way to say it) but Lawrence feels clunky to me. Watson is smooth and is a complete baller.

You care about draft picks too much.

There are creative ways to clear up cap problems relatively quickly and there are also creative ways to find more pick assets. For sure, there will always be FAs that want to play with Watson.

More than anything, if you’re a good coach you can squeeze more out of what you already have on the roster.

Watson is an unbelievable bird in hand. I don’t think Lawrence will ever become as good as him, imo. I could be wrong (and I don’t have a better way to say it) but Lawrence feels clunky to me. Watson is smooth and is a complete baller.
Draft picks are how you sustain excellence.
You get 4 years of cheap service.
Teams that rely on free agency eventually get into cap jail.

The Texans have a QB and an aging defense.
The salary cap can be manipulated short term but sending money down the line but it eventually catches up and a team will have a lot of dead money on its cap.

Watson is a stud but he needs a complete team.
Your team isn’t paying Allen yet and you guys will have cap space to pay him and not really kill your roster because you have guys nailed the draft. By nailing the draft you have cap space to keep the important core.

The draft is very important with the salary cap.
FAs want to get paid.
It’s the vets chasing rings who will go to a winner. Not guys in FA for the first time.

If Bryon Leftwich gets a HC after this season then Tom Brady has gotten more coordinator coaches HC Jobs than any QB.

Brady has shown this year McDaniels really rode his coattails.
Belichick has to degree as well but those 2 seem kinda peers in the success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom