NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 235 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Mike Reiss Patriots beat guy thinks the cardinals-Patriots could trade Christian Kirk for N’Keal Harry since both have struggled in their spots and Harry could fit in Arizona.
Harry has been the Patriots TE these last games.
He isn’t great but he is out of position.

I don’t think Patriots have a great weapons core but their strength is running the ball but they can’t run the ball when the opponents stack the box with 8 because Cam can’t throw.

The Patriots are not close to a SB contender but they would have been close to a playoff team with just average QB play.
Like Alex Smith. Somebody who could complete passes.

Take out the Jets, Bills, Chiefs they went 5-6 they are middle of the road team with garbage QB play.

I think that's a bad trade by the Cardinals, but what do I know. I know people don't always agree with PFF, but they had Cams throwing graded the same as Roethlisberger's this year and better than Smith. I just don't think you guys have a lot to work with there. Even Brady had his worst completion percentage there last year in 15 seasons and this year we are seeing that it wasn't him that was the reason.

I think that's a bad trade by the Cardinals, but what do I know. I know people don't always agree with PFF, but they had Cams throwing graded the same as Roethlisberger's this year and better than Smith. I just don't think you guys have a lot to work with there. Even Brady had his worst completion percentage there last year in 15 seasons and this year we are seeing that it wasn't him that was the reason.
Brady didn’t go to OTAs his last 2 years with NE. He didn’t put in any work with Meyers and Harry.
The Patriots did everything they could for Brady. They signed Antonio Brown, they traded for Sanu. Philip Dorsett sucked.
They didn’t have cap space.
The problem last year was they didn’t have a good center and the tackles got hurt.
So they had Marshall Newhouse and a bunch of backups. If Brady this year’s OL he does a lot better. He was throwing it into the dirt last year a lot because his OL sucked.

Brady didn’t give it his all last year. He was mentally checked out. The team was 8-0 and he was miserable.

He is now away from the stress of Belichick coaching him hard.

If the Chiefs win next weekend, they will be the first AFC team to ever host three straight AFC title games. The only NFC team to do it was the Eagles in the early 2000s. Andy Reid: coach of both.
Wow good stat - would have thought the Kelly Bills.

They were on the road at Miami for the third one out of 4. But yeah that’s certainly a logical guess.

1992 was at Miami. The other 3 at Buffalo.
A better stat is New England from 2011-2019 the Patriots played in the AFC championship game.
That is insane.

I had my sights seton him and I wonder if the Giants new tbis was in place and kept Gettleman for another year because their GM target was taken.

GMDG certainly hasn’t batted a 1.000 in FA & the draft, but I’m ok with another year, maybe 2 if things go they way I hope in 21.

Whoa stop the presses. I thought u were all in on Danny Dimes.

If the Patriots had Ryan Fitzpatrick they win 10 games this year.
Cam prevented them for being able to throw the ball. They don’t need Watson to be really good they just a QB who can actually throw the ball.
With Watson they could win it all.

Belichick developed Jimmy G and Jacoby Brissett behind Brady.
He can find QBs outside of the first round.

The Patriots have a talent deficiency because they never draft high.

Their drafts haven’t been great but not bad either.

If the Dolphins had Fitzpatrick they would have went to the playoffs this year. Oh wait they did have him... Sorry trueblue.

Meyers, Byrd, Harry isn’t as bad as you think.
They aren’t Diggs but they are solid enough with a QB who could throw the ball they would be servicable.

Meyers could do the slot stuff.
Byrd is a speed guy.
Harry can go over the middle.
Plus James White is one of the best pass catching RBs. He was useless with Cam.
Look at Cam’s passing yards that isn’t on the WRs. He can’t throw.

Yet I heard an impassioned rant from Dominique Foxworth last year claiming Cam Newton was still an elite QB. What the hell was he lookin' at?

I don't get why McDaniels is a hot coaching prospect - he was exposed this year no? If my team hires him as HC I would not be thrilled.

Agree 1,000%. Have no idea what the attraction is there.

If the Dolphins had Fitzpatrick they would have went to the playoffs this year. Oh wait they did have him... Sorry trueblue.
you lost me.

i am all in on Danny, not sure what that has to do with Casiero and Gettleman.

whos Casiero bringing with him, Cam or the QB who couldnt beat him out??

you lost me.

i am all in on Danny, not sure what that has to do with Casiero and Gettleman.

whos Casiero bringing with him, Cam or the QB who couldnt beat him out??

You said I had my sights set on him. Assumed "him" was Watson. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Why are you saying sorry? Anyone who thinks Fitz’ ceiling with the phins this year was higher than a first round loss... I really don’t know what else to tell you.

it’s clear we’re at least a year away.

Yet I heard an impassioned rant from Dominique Foxworth last year claiming Cam Newton was still an elite QB. What the hell was he lookin' at?
Skin color

Why are you saying sorry? Anyone who thinks Fitz’ ceiling with the phins this year was higher than a first round loss... I really don’t know what else to tell you.

It was painfully obvious that Tua couldn't get it done and that u very likely would have made the playoffs with Fitz getting all of the snaps. It's kind of ironic (not defending btw) that Pederson is getting crushed for "letting his players down" when the QB move obviously reduced the likelihood of a win last Sunday night. Flores did essentially the same thing. The future is guaranteed to nobody. If you have a shot to get to the playoffs u take it. Not like that's been a ho-hum existence (making the playoffs) for your squad over the last several years.

It was painfully obvious that Tua couldn't get it done and that u very likely would have made the playoffs with Fitz getting all of the snaps. It's kind of ironic (not defending btw) that Pederson is getting crushed for "letting his players down" when the QB move obviously reduced the likelihood of a win last Sunday night. Flores did essentially the same thing. The future is guaranteed to nobody. If you have a shot to get to the playoffs u take it. Not like that's been a ho-hum existence (making the playoffs) for your squad over the last several years.

Fitz had covid so he was out regardless. I haven’t seen the phins win a playoff game in 20 years. I don’t care that the sports world re-fell in love with Fitz, as they do seemingly every year, and feel that Flores betrayed him and the team. Flores is building an annual contender, not a cinderella team. I have absolutely no interest in rolling the dice on Fitz when we have a 2nd pick QB already in hand and an absolute warchest of picks in 2021. Figure out what we have now (Tua), react and continue building this offseason and draft. Fitz has never been “the plan” for the Phins.

Fitz had covid so he was out regardless. I haven’t seen the phins win a playoff game in 20 years. I don’t care that the sports world re-fell in love with Fitz, as they do seemingly every year, and feel that Flores betrayed him and the team. Flores is building an annual contender, not a cinderella team. I have absolutely no interest in rolling the dice on Fitz when we have a 2nd pick QB already in hand and an absolute warchest of picks in 2021. Figure out what we have now (Tua), react and continue building this offseason and draft. Fitz has never been “the plan” for the Phins.

Fair enough.

Cam’s shoulder is done.
He can’t throw the ball.
He is a good teammate and can run the ball but he is Tim Tebow now.
He can’t even throw the ball 50 yards for a Hail Mary.

Foxworth probably likes what Cam has done for the game but he isn’t capable of throwing the ball.

Cam’s shoulder is done.
He can’t throw the ball.
He is a good teammate and can run the ball but he is Tim Tebow now.
He can’t even throw the ball 50 yards for a Hail Mary.

Foxworth probably likes what Cam has done for the game but he isn’t capable of throwing the ball.

I agree with all of that. Problem for Foxworth was that was evident last year but he couldn't see it. There was a reason why there was minimal demand for Cam's services.

I think Rivera gives him one more chance.
Footballers already have Kyle Allen who Rivera went with over Ham just last season in Carolina. Rivera is too smart to go w a dead armed QB.

Footballers need to get a rookie (not sure if they have the draft capital) or they need to bring in one of these FAs that will be floating around this off season.

Footballers already have Kyle Allen who Rivera went with over Ham just last season in Carolina. Rivera is too smart to go w a dead armed QB.

They need to get a rookie (not sure if they have the draft capital) or they need to bring in one of these FAs that will be floating around this off season.
I can see Rivera signing Cam as QB depth.
He can’t throw the ball but he is a good locker room guy and there backup now isn’t exactly good.

I wouldn’t give him real money aka 15 million+ a year.
He is only making 3.75 million from NE this year so while he sucked the team got what it paid for.

If he had shoulder strength maybe he could be serviceable but the football looks like a medicine ball for him. It take a lot for him to throw it 40 yards he can’t throw it 50 when the team had a Hail Mary situation this year it would just run draws because he couldn’t throw it.

I like Cam but he is done unless he gets PEDs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom