NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

I am sure that will be one of the excuses to be sold.
Kaepernick probably could have been a backup but at the time the media and attention he would have drawn wouldn’t have made it worth it to have that attention.

Now 4 years later the guy is likely done and he isn’t even the best QB on the market right now.

Cam Newton is a FA and nobody is saying he is being blackballed.

Now 4 years later the guy is likely done and he isn’t even the best QB on the market right now.
I have little doubt that he is better than several back up QBs in the league. I don’t think even he expects to come-in as a starter.

Kaepernick probably could have been a backup but at the time the media and attention he would have drawn wouldn’t have made it worth it to have that attention.

Cam Newton is a FA and nobody is saying he is being blackballed.
Exactly if you have a young QB do you really want to bring in a backup QB that's going to attract all of that attention?

I have little doubt that he is better than several back up QBs in the league. I don’t think even he expects to come-in as a starter.

He was 3-16 in his last 19 games as a starter. He last played four years ago and your assessment of him stems from his play 6-7 years ago when he was good. This is 2020. He's not good enough to be a starter and he's not gonna get paid much as a backup. Plus if he falls on his face then the blackball narrative loses some steam. The whole charade he ran with his last workout showed he has little interest.

This list hasn't been updated since October 2019, but it certainly suggests that there are worse quarterbacks on NFL rosters than Colin Kaepernick.

ALL THE QUARTERBACKS WHO SIGNED SINCE COLIN KAEPERNICK BECAME A FREE AGENT
This is the point. Bringing Kap as a backup option would have brought a lot of noise.

Teams don’t want noise from backup QBs.

If Colin Kaepernick was as good a QB as Antonio Brown was a WR he would been signed because that type of QB could make the difference in winning games.

Kap wasn’t worth the distraction at the time. If what happened in this country happened 4 years ago he would have been signed.

Now he is 3 years out of the league and their are better QBs unsigned.
I personally want the Patriots to sign him and lose a lot of games next year so they can get a franchise QB in the draft.

This is the point. Bringing Kap as a backup option would have brought a lot of noise.

Teams don’t want noise from backup QBs.

If Colin Kaepernick was as good a QB as Antonio Brown was a WR he would been signed because that type of QB could make the difference in winning games.

Kap wasn’t worth the distraction at the time. If what happened in this country happened 4 years ago he would have been signed.

Now he is 3 years out of the league and their are better QBs unsigned.
I personally want the Patriots to sign him and lose a lot of games next year so they can get a franchise QB in the draft.
I think the good press would outweigh the bad if he was signed now. Our Dear Leader already gave teams permission.

kap should go to dallas so we could have the dak & kap connection as they head to the basement...

I think the good press would outweigh the bad if he was signed now. Our Dear Leader already gave teams permission.
I'd prefer him over Matt Barkley as the Bills backup as he is stylistically more similar to Josh Allen then Barkley is. But is it worthwhile to have someone bring the media in and cause any kind of disruption to a team that has a lot of continuity and will be running fairly smooth? Nope.

Cam Newton is being Randall Cunningham’d. The injuries are scaring people away. I think he’d be a good fit as a backup on a contender like San Fran or LA. Goff or JimmyG are no sure things.

Cam Newton is being Randall Cunningham’d. The injuries are scaring people away. I think he’d be a good fit as a backup on a contender like San Fran or LA. Goff or JimmyG are no sure things.

I think he'd be a suitable backup but not sure there is much left in the tank. He's taken a beating over the years and is a shell of his former self. His game was heavily predicated on the fact he was a major threat with his wheels. Those days are pretty much over.

kap should go to dallas so we could have the dak & kap connection as they head to the basement...

No room at the inn after signing the Red Rifle.

(But you already knew that)

Maybe Kap can back up Danny Fumbles and help Big Blew beat Dallas for the first time since Obama left the White House.

He was 3-16 in his last 19 games as a starter. He last played four years ago and your assessment of him stems from his play 6-7 years ago when he was good. This is 2020. He's not good enough to be a starter and he's not gonna get paid much as a backup. Plus if he falls on his face then the blackball narrative loses some steam. The whole charade he ran with his last workout showed he has little interest.
The charade he ran? You mean the NFL, right?

Nahhh. If you can’t acknowledge that, you ain’t interested in an actual conversation.

I was specifically referring to when CK at the last minute changed the venue of the workout so that several scouts who flew in to watch were unable to attend. It was a fiasco.

Hey we're never gonna agree on this so that's fine. I've already stated my view - I doubt he has anything left in the tank - he stunk 4-5 years ago when Blaine Gabbert beat him out. I don;t think he has any interest in playing cuz if he falls on his face then the blackball narrative is shot.

I was specifically referring to when CK at the last minute changed the venue of the workout so that several scouts who flew in to watch were unable to attend. It was a fiasco.

Hey we're never gonna agree on this so that's fine. I've already stated my view - I doubt he has anything left in the tank - he stunk 4-5 years ago when Blaine Gabbert beat him out. I don;t think he has any interest in playing cuz if he falls on his face then the blackball narrative is shot.
That wasn't how it happened, but keep on believing the NFL party line.

The blackball narrative is established regardless of what happens, which is why the NFL agreed to the settlement with Kaepernick.
Not necessarily.

And the # was rumoured to be low.

no one ever said is message was wrong, he just delivered it poorly.

Not necessarily.

And the # was rumoured to be low.

no one ever said is message was wrong, he just delivered it poorly.
Kneeling for the national anthem is a ridiculous reason to be left out of the league, especially when actual criminals are on rosters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom