NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Dak has a chance to make a lot of money and that performance yesterday is why Dallas hasn’t paid him.

I had the Vikings as the 1 seed and 49ers not in the playoffs.
I don’t like the Vikings now but like the Niners not making the playoffs.

They have 4 east coast games and play the division winners.
Jimmy G was brutal on that final drive yesterday.

Russell Wilson looks like a good bet for the MVP.
Patriots secondary next week will get challenged against him.

Black coaches look at Adam Gaze getting a 2nd chance and that is why their frustrations are legitimate.
That clown should be fired now and I can’t believe how much Darnold has regressed since that Rose Bowl against Penn State.

The Vikings defense got old.

Joe Burrow is going to be a great.

So so so so glad he’s not in the AFC East (cough with Bill cough)
Miami offered 5,18 and their 2nd round pick for the first pick and Cincinnati declined.

Miami offered 5,18 and their 2nd round pick for the first pick and Cincinnati declined.
I don’t blame them. Joe Burrow’s decision making and calm reminds me of a certain hated nemesis of Miami.

Dak has a chance to make a lot of money and that performance yesterday is why Dallas hasn’t paid him.

I had the Vikings as the 1 seed and 49ers not in the playoffs.
I don’t like the Vikings now but like the Niners not making the playoffs.

They have 4 east coast games and play the division winners.
Jimmy G was brutal on that final drive yesterday.

I think Dak is pretty good and no doubt he'll get paid but it is weird how everyone seemed to suddenly and unanimously decide he is great this offseason. Didn't they just score like 3 pts vs the Eagles in a de facto playoff game?

I am kicking myself for not making that 49ers fade. Listening to people explain why the most recent SB loser is different every year is just getting ridiculous. "But Cam & 15-1", 'But McVay", "But Quinn and culture change". Bleh.

Still think the Bucs will be pretty good.

I think Dak is pretty good and no doubt he'll get paid but it is weird how everyone seemed to suddenly and unanimously decide he is great this offseason. Didn't they just score like 3 pts vs the Eagles in a de facto playoff game?

I am kicking myself for not making that 49ers fade. Listening to people explain why the most recent SB loser is different every year is just getting ridiculous. "But Cam & 15-1", 'But McVay", "But Quinn and culture change". Bleh.

I think the Bucs will make the playoffs but if they don’t win the division they won’t make the SB.

Brady and Belichick are both going to go out all out to do well this year.

Dak is good but the Cowboys OL/RB/WR units are top 5 in the NFL he can’t be this medicore. Jerry Jones is a goof but his drafting and cap management has been pretty solid the last decade. The fact he hasn’t paid Dak yet screams he knows.

I think the Bucs will make the playoffs but if they don’t win the division they won’t make the SB.

Brady and Belichick are both going to go out all out to do well this year.

Dak is good but the Cowboys OL/RB/WR units are top 5 in the NFL he can’t be this medicore. Jerry Jones is a goof but his drafting and cap management has been pretty solid the last decade. The fact he hasn’t paid Dak yet screams he knows.

Cowboys line isn’t what it used to be.

Joe Looney did well in game 1 in his second tour replacing Travis Fredrick but he’s not a long term solution as demonstrated in 2018 when Fred was out.
Tyron Smith and Zach Martin have a ton of tread worn off.

Connor Williams has been meh.

I’ll enjoy the McCarthy era if he can fix the OL while the skill talent is still on the roster.

He’s getting killed for not kicking that FG but I was okay with the decision.

10 years of watching the Ginger Clapper turtle up in similar situations has made me completely in favor of going for it anytime, anywhere.

And I agree completely with your comment that performances like last night are why Dak is playing on a franchise tag

all I heard about around the draft was how Lamb was one of the best route runners in the history of college football .. so he runs a 2 yard shallow cross when he needs 3 yards... okaaaay

Jeudy was the one considered to be one of the best route runners ever. Lamb was the YAC guy.

I could do without the pumped in crowd noise. There's no rhyme or reason to the plays that are happening.

I thought the first one was a misread by Brady. That receiver would hav had to get through two defenders to get to that spot, thus the reason for him pulling up.
Not too worried about either Brady pick ... they were based on 1. Evans and Brady not on the same page .. 2. Physical error of throwing the pass too far inside

these were not the “Im Toast “ Ints of Rivers ... that he’s been throwing for a while now that people for some reason just thought were going to stop

Last edited:
what was dallas doing not kicking the fg for the tie at that point of the game?

I don’t blame them. Joe Burrow’s decision making and calm reminds me of a certain hated nemesis of Miami.
I think Burrow is going to be okay too and I think the Bengals need to let him open it up sooner rather than later.

I could do without the pumped in crowd noise. There's no rhyme or reason to the plays that are happening.
Disagree. In addition to providing the players some semblance of normalcy (I assume), I saw rhyme and reason yesterday. In the Saints game (I think), the piped-in crowd noise actually booed when a close call went against NO.

I liked that.

Did a 3 team 7pt teaser; correctly picked Ravens and Cardinals. Why oh why did I go with the Rivers led Colts?

Jeudy was the one considered to be one of the best route runners ever. Lamb was the YAC guy.

Ruggs III was having a great game before he got hurt. Raiders defense still putrid.

I forgot Jameis is the Saints backup QB.
He could be their starter next year with Taysom Hill.
I am actually starting to believe Jameis has had poor coaching.
Payton May be able to fix him.

I forgot Jameis is the Saints backup QB.
He could be their starter next year with Taysom Hill.
I am actually starting to believe Jameis has had poor coaching.
Payton May be able to fix him.

It’s possible, but he’s only on a one year deal.

The Bengals lost the same way Dallas did and I thought that was a worse call on AJ Green.

I was pulling for Cinci in that game but thought the call was fair. He clearly gained an advantage by pushing off to create space.

Ruggs III was having a great game before he got hurt. Raiders defense still putrid.
Raiders look like a fun team to watch this year.
That CAR-LV game was the best early game IMO.
Raiders LBs got destroyed but McCaffrey is that good.

I could see them going 8-8 9-7 being a wild card.

I was pulling for Cinci in that game but thought the call was fair. He clearly gained an advantage by pushing off to create space.

I don’t disagree. I think the Cowboys call was obvious and they are crying wolf.

If one game is an indication Marrone is going to keep his job. 14 rookies on the game day roster, first and second year players making plays on both sides of the ball, completely different attitude.

Looks like addition by subtraction in the locker room and the fresh start approach is working, at least for one week.

Minshew is easy to root for.

Dak is good

Dak = Cousins.

Better than average but not special. He needs an offense that suits him and their shoddy OL. Instead they rolled out last year's offense. Quite honestly the offense the Rams played was what I expected from Dallas with MM at the helm. No idea why they hired MM if they were not going to implement his offense.

Going to be yet another long 8-8, 9-7 type season.

Eagles OL is going to get Wentz hurt this season. Just a matter of when. Washington bullied them.
WFT definitely manhandled eagles line but wentz has the worst internal clock in the NFL.

Dak = Cousins.

Better than average but not special. He needs an offense that suits him and their shoddy OL. Instead they rolled out last year's offense. Quite honestly the offense the Rams played was what I expected from Dallas with MM at the helm. No idea why they hired MM if they were not going to implement his offense.

Going to be yet another long 8-8, 9-7 type season.
You guys are lucky though.
Philly has major OL issues.
The Giants aren’t going to win 9 games with their QB that young.
The Football team has a nice DL but their QB play isn’t going to win them 8 games.

9-7 probably wins the NFC East.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom