NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

That was possibly the greatest non scoring drive of all time.

Jones made so many plays.

And it ends like that.
Your boy doing “josh Allen things” out there...?

a jab I had to take

Josh Allen is going to be the Next big Ben without the issues

Barkley’s gotta be so tired of these BS lines. He gets hammered as soon as he gets the ball every single time. I feel bad for him. He’d threaten to run for 2,000 every single year behind an actual professional football OLine.
Giants could be a contender for Trevor Lawrence.
The OL is going to get Jones killed.

Giants D is playing well but like our defense they will wear out.
Steelers playing 8 in the box and shutting down the run.

Reading the thread here it's the usual overreaction Monday. 15 games to go. Long season.

I think the Bucs will make the playoffs but if they don’t win the division they won’t make the SB.

Brady and Belichick are both going to go out all out to do well this year.

Dak is good but the Cowboys OL/RB/WR units are top 5 in the NFL he can’t be this medicore. Jerry Jones is a goof but his drafting and cap management has been pretty solid the last decade. The fact he hasn’t paid Dak yet screams he knows.

Dallas OL is not top five. They were three years ago. Not now.

I think Dak gets a bad rap from fans, but I think he's just as good as Wentz who I happen to think is massively overrated. Their career stats are just about identical.

Wentz put his team on his back and took them to the playoffs last year. First guy in NFL history to throw for 4,000 yards with no one player accounting for more than 500 yards. He had little to work with last year and still got it done.

I really don’t think we’re that bad.

It's still a bit early but both Belichick and McDaniels look reenergized in New England. Seems Brady got on their nerves too much the past couple years and they smartly moved on early. Helps too that Cam is on a mission this year

With apologies to True Blue, the Pats beat one of the worst teams in the NFL. Might be appropriate to tap the breaks here.

With apologies to True Blue, the Pats beat one of the worst teams in the NFL. Might be appropriate to tap the breaks here.
And the Eagles lost to one of the worst teams in the NFL. I will take the Pats over the Eagles,

Patriots showed their defense is solid and the coaching staff can coach a disciplined team and use their players talents to win games.
New England should have won that game by more points if Harry doesn’t fumble thru the end zone.

Seattle will tell everyone how good New England can be.

And the Eagles lost to one of the worst teams in the NFL. I will take the Pats over the Eagles,

Patriots showed their defense is solid and the coaching staff can coach a disciplined team and use their players talents to win games.
New England should have won that game by more points if Harry doesn’t fumble thru the end zone.

Seattle will tell everyone how good New England can be.

Seems you've changed your tune. A few months ago you talked about the Pats tanking. I'm shocked.

Philly played without six starters y'day. For a big chunk of the game they had an undrafted FA playing RG making his first NFL start while the RT was a former Australian Rules football standout also making his debut appearance in the NFL going against a Washington front four that is one of the best in the NFL - loaded with first round draft picks.

Seems you've changed your tune. A few months ago you talked about the Pats tanking. I'm shocked.

Philly played without six starters y'day. For a big chunk of the game they had an undrafted FA playing RG making his first NFL start while the RT was a former Australian Rules football standout also making his debut appearance in the NFL going against a Washington front four that is one of the best in the NFL - loaded with first round draft picks.
I want the team to tank. Belichick wants to pass Don Shula. I didn’t expect to sign Cam Newton.

Once they signed Newton they weren’t tanking. If they started Stidham I wanted to tank.

Philly can be down all those starters they shouldn’t lose that game. They were up 17-0 that is a terrible loss.

It is only Week 1, but the Patriots couldn't even beat the Dolphins last year at home with Brady in Week 17. I do think the Dolphins got a lot better over the offseason but they didn't play that well week 1. A healthy Cam Newton is the best QB in the AFC East.

As a Bills fan, I think we have the best overall roster in the AFC East outside of QB and maybe defense. But I wouldn't at all underestimate the Pats because they still have Belichick.

Last edited:
I want the team to tank. Belichick wants to pass Don Shula. I didn’t expect to sign Cam Newton.

Once they signed Newton they weren’t tanking. If they started Stidham I wanted to tank.

Philly can be down all those starters they shouldn’t lose that game. They were up 17-0 that is a terrible loss.

It was a bad loss. Sheet happens. It's one game played without several difference makers who will be back. They were 5-7 last year and won their division. Lot of football left to be played.

It is only Week 1, but the Patriots couldn't even beat the Dolphins last year at home with Brady in Week 17. I do think the Dolphins got a lot better over the offseason but they didn't play that well week 1. A healthy Cam Newton is the best QB in the AFC East.

As a Bills fan, I think we have the best overall roster in the AFC East outside of QB and maybe defense. But I wouldn't at all underestimate the Pats because they still have Belichick.

I need to see a lot more out of Cam before I buy that. He was barely mediocre in his last dozen or so starts. And if they keep running him like they did y'day he won't make it to the halfway point.

Two cowboy hat references gimme a break.

What do u think of Drew Lock. I was listening to some stat guru on VSIN last week that was torching him based on the analytics. What say you?

What do u think of Drew Lock. I was listening to some stat guru on VSIN last week that was torching him based on the analytics. What say you?
I say promising, I'm leaning to him being long term, but too early to tell. I can't stand my Bronco friends that anointed him already. I need a bigger sample size.

Your boy doing “josh Allen things” out there...?

a jab I had to take

I mean, can you imagine the garbage takes on Twitter if Allen had thrown an INT like that? As it is, guy throws for 300 yards, 70%+ completion, in a win, and Twitter is chock full of clips of an Allen missed throw in the EZ.

Other young QBs are afforded one excuse after another for their mistakes. The double standard is pretty funny. Speaking of which, what was Drew Lock doing on the last play of the game?

severe over-reaction. have you seen how bad their division is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom