NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

I mean, can you imagine the garbage takes on Twitter if Allen had thrown an INT like that? As it is, guy throws for 300 yards, 70%+ completion, in a win, and Twitter is chock full of clips of an Allen missed throw in the EZ.
We’ll just keep winning. Let the hate flow through these advanced stat geeks.

Here I thought we got rid of the bad clock management/ TO coach. smh. As soon as the Titans got the ball back last time I knew it was going to wind up on a made fg, no way that guys misses 5 kicks in a row.

Dallas OL is not top five. They were three years ago. Not now.

Not even close to top 5.

Collins is on the DL replaced by a FA rookie.
Frederick retired replaced by a jag.
Smith is still better than most but is a shell of his former HoF self.
Martin is still really good probably top 3 at his position.
Connor Williams is a second round pick that has yet to live up to his potential.

So right now they have basically 2 guys on the field that would make another teams roster and it showed Monday night. Aaron Donald ate them alive. Which is why it makes even LESS sense they would roll out last years offense with it's long patterns instead of something more akin to what the Rams played.

Not even close to top 5.

Connor Williams is a second round pick that has yet to live up to his potential.

So right now they have basically 2 guys on the field that would make another teams roster and it showed Monday night. Aaron Donald ate them alive. Which is why it makes even LESS sense they would roll out last years offense with it's long patterns instead of something more akin to what the Rams played.
My point really wasn’t all the units are top 5 it was the cumulative of those units were top 5 but I didn’t clear that up.

I think Dak has had weapons and protection that is top 5.

Dak wants the Watson contract I wouldn’t give that.
You would have to pay him twice.

My point really wasn’t all the units are top 5 it was the cumulative of those units were top 5 but I didn’t clear that up.

I think Dak has had weapons and protect that is top 5:

His WRs and RB are top 5 for sure but if Sunday is any indication unless they make changes it won't matter because he won't consistently have time to throw. I keep saying it but it absolutely boggles my mind they did not inject any WC style stuff from MM into this offense.

How many players that Belichick let go have really come back to bite him?

Gostowski missed 4 kicks last night.

I wonder if having no crowds will actually hurt kickers' performances. Will be interesting to see.

His WRs and RB are top 5 for sure but if Sunday is any indication unless they make changes it won't matter because he won't consistently have time to throw. I keep saying it but it absolutely boggles my mind they did not inject any WC style stuff from MM into this offense.

I thought the first half offense showed some McCarthy influence because they passed more on first down and mixed in Zeke as a pass catcher.

The second half looked like Scott Linehan stole Kellen Moore’s headset to call plays. First down run after first down run. Tim Cowlishaw has a good summary of it:

“So what did Dallas do in the second half on first-and-10 (not including the final two-plus-minute possession, when time was precious)?

Run Zeke. Run Zeke. Run Zeke. Pass to Gallup. Run Zeke. Run Zeke. Pass to Cooper. Run Zeke. Run Zeke. Run Zeke. Pass to Cooper. Run Pollard. Run Zeke.”

They needed more quick passes to help the line against Aaron Donald. He is a wrecking ball.

Not even close to top 5.

Well stated. The "Dallas has a great OL" theory is well past its sell by date.

I thought the first half offense showed some McCarthy influence because they passed more on first down and mixed in Zeke as a pass catcher.

The second half looked like Scott Linehan stole Kellen Moore’s headset to call plays. First down run after first down run. Tim Cowlishaw has a good summary of it:

“So what did Dallas do in the second half on first-and-10 (not including the final two-plus-minute possession, when time was precious)?

Run Zeke. Run Zeke. Run Zeke. Pass to Gallup. Run Zeke. Run Zeke. Pass to Cooper. Run Zeke. Run Zeke. Run Zeke. Pass to Cooper. Run Pollard. Run Zeke.”

They needed more quick passes to help the line against Aaron Donald. He is a wrecking ball.

And now Aaron Donald is coming to Philly to feast on those back-ups. Hopefully Wentz is upright at 4 pm on Sunday.

And now Aaron Donald is coming to Philly to feast on those back-ups. Hopefully Wentz is upright at 4 pm on Sunday.

Something tells me Philly won't be as dumb as Dallas was with their play calling.

1600203565777.png

Bruce Arians would be the most popular coach in Boston ever.
All he does is talk and fillup reporters articles with quotes.
I can’t believe how willing he was to basically say Tom Brady was Tom Brady in practice and was Jameis Winston on Sunday.
That was nuts.

Belichick destroys his players inside the building and says nothing publicly.
Tom wants to be appreciated.

Appreciate you pointing out the silver lining! ;)

Not even close to top 5.

Collins is the key to that oline being good. We really need him back. They are really high on that Wisconsin kid at center.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom