NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Would the Pats trade for Ertz assuming he's available? Seems like he'd be a good fit but can't really see Bill trading picks and giving him a huge contract at his age.
Philly isn’t going to trade Ertz.
TEs don’t even get overpaid I don’t get why he doesn’t have a deal yet but it might be because Philly is up against the cap.

Not sure what it would take to get him. I would give up a 2nd round pick but I doubt that is enough for Philly as they aren’t going to fire Sale yet.

I would offer Atlanta JC Jackson and a 2nd round pick for Julio Jones.

JC is a young stud probably top 10 CB in the league but Julio Jones last few prime years are getting wasted.

I actually like Cole and Jack from the Jags they would give the Pats a LB with speed and solid WR not a big name but a good player.
I really think Wilson if he stays healthy is going to win MVP this year.

Philly isn’t going to trade Ertz.
TEs don’t even get overpaid I don’t get why he doesn’t have a deal yet but it might be because Philly is up against the cap.

Not sure what it would take to get him. I would give up a 2nd round pick but I doubt that is enough for Philly as they aren’t going to fire Sale yet.

I would offer Atlanta JC Jackson and a 2nd round pick for Julio Jones.

JC is a young stud probably top 10 CB in the league but Julio Jones last few prime years are getting wasted.

I actually like Cole and Jack from the Jags they would give the Pats a LB with speed and solid WR not a big name but a good player.
I really think Wilson if he stays healthy is going to win MVP this year.

Yeah I think it's Russ's time assuming he stays healthy like you said. I wonder what's the longest time gap a guy went from winning the Super Bowl to winning MVP.

The Saints defense is pretty bad, but the turning point of the game was the terrible INT from Brees at the end at the end of the first half.

Saints look like the Patriots offense last year without Michael Thomas.

They need to use Kamara a lot more.
Brees hopefully gets better. He didn’t look great last night but it’s only one game.

Raiders at Patriots this week interesting.
Raiders schedule was kinda nuts.

Saints MNF
At New England
Buffalo
Kansas City
Bye week
Tampa Bay

Going to be an interesting week on the fantasy waiver wire.

Saints look like the Patriots offense last year without Michael Thomas.

They need to use Kamara a lot more.
Brees hopefully gets better. He didn’t look great last night but it’s only one game.

Raiders at Patriots this week interesting.
Raiders schedule was kinda nuts.

Saints MNF
At New England
Buffalo
Kansas City
Bye week
Tampa Bay

If Raiders (likely) and Patriots (maybe) aren't winning their respective divisions this Week 3 game could be Fuccillo HUUUGE for tie breaker scenarios. Since the Bills are on FOX this Sunday that 1PM local Syracuse CBS affiliate spot has opened up. The 506.com doesn't have the updated 9/27 map up yet, but looking at the other games I think I've got a good chance to see Raiders/Patriots on local TV when looking the other 1PM options:

Las Vegas at New England
Houston at Pittsburgh
Cincinnati at Philly
Tennessee at Minnesota

Of those games the Pittsburgh home game is the one I'm most worried about. Also since Fox has the doubleheader this week and the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets play at 4:05 the local CBS affiliate could throw a curveball and have no 1PM game and the Jets at 4:05, but I'm not as worried about that.

If Raiders (likely) and Patriots (maybe) aren't winning their respective divisions this Week 3 game could be Fuccillo HUUUGE for tie breaker scenarios. Since the Bills are on FOX this Sunday that 1PM local Syracuse CBS affiliate spot has opened up. The 506.com doesn't have the updated 9/27 map up yet, but looking at the other games I think I've got a good chance to see Raiders/Patriots on local TV when looking the other 1PM options:

Las Vegas at New England
Houston at Pittsburgh
Cincinnati at Philly
Tennessee at Minnesota

Of those games the Pittsburgh home game is the one I'm most worried about. Also since Fox has the doubleheader this week and the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets play at 4:05 the local CBS affiliate could throw a curveball and have no 1PM game and the Jets at 4:05, but I'm not as worried about that.
Patriots-Raiders have Nantz and Romo it will go to the majority of the country not with teams in local markets playing.

Plus since the blackout rule isn’t in effect this year since no teams have fans in the stadium the people in CNY will likely get Raiders-Pats on CBS because Bills fans will want to keep an eye on them.

The level of qb play across the league has to be at historic levels.

most of the games look like big 12 matchups. 300 yds is not a big deal

very small pool of teams that have real need at the position

The level of qb play across the league has to be at historic levels.

most of the games look like big 12 matchups. 300 yds is not a big deal

very small pool of teams that have real need at the position

NFL teams are getting more creative on offense and more aggressive on 4th down. I'm actually surprised how much more often you see teams going for it on 4th down in their own territory,

NFL teams are getting more creative on offense and more aggressive on 4th down. I'm actually surprised how much more often you see teams going for it on 4th down in their own territory,
4th down aggressiveness is smart - I guess unless you are playing the Chiefs (sarcasm).

NFL is oozing skill position talent and edge pass rusher position.

The biggest weakness is by the offensive line.
Most teams have mediocre at best OL play.
Belichick says the NFL adjusts to what college football produces.
College football is developing QBs and skills guys they aren’t developing OL men across the board.
Thus the NFL has subpar OL play.
That is the really the difference in most games.

NFL is oozing skill position talent and edge pass rusher position.

The biggest weakness is by the offensive line.
Most teams have mediocre at best OL play.
Belichick says the NFL adjusts to what college football produces.
College football is developing QBs and skills guys they aren’t developing OL men across the board.
Thus the NFL has subpar OL play.
That is the really the difference in most games.

Yeah outside of maybe a few teams most offensive lines are mediocre/terrible. Also agree that QB play has definitely improved, and I think part of that is because teams are no longer forcing QBs to all be pro style QB guys. They're embracing Air Raid/RPO/Spread styles that they know their QBs have experience playing in.

1570DB53-EE9A-494B-B8D0-2949E619A055.jpeg

44F4835E-6A93-4701-AC46-9D5C56C5D0D7.jpeg
705F1A42-FB40-4A55-AC56-B1A4AC6D1475.jpeg

It’s funny how they keep trying to cram Tampa games on New England fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom