NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Not sure whether to be happy or sad about this post. ;)
We leave it up to interpretation. I assume over half of your posts include the following-

“Back to ___”
“Knock it off”
“Keep politics out of this”
“This will be locked”
“Stay on topic”

Just doing your duty. Those are work related posts, have to separate them.

They gave up 449 points last year and 464 the year before. Their secondary is awful and is still awful. The game plan will be to win shootouts.
Like half of those points were pick 6’s. They were ranked a top 10 defense last year by DVOA.

Probably a decent chance it was a fluke season but the defense and offensive line both played very well last season and will likely be more talented this season.

We leave it up to interpretation. I assume over half of your posts include the following-

“Back to ___”
“Knock it off”
“Keep politics out of this”
“This will be locked”
“Stay on topic”

Just doing your duty. Those are work related posts, have to separate them.
14,000+ posts scolding other posters?????
1587732820782.gif

Sounds about right. :D

It’s adorable that Bills fans think it’s their time to shine

Like half of those points were pick 6’s. They were ranked a top 10 defense last year by DVOA.

Probably a decent chance it was a fluke season but the defense and offensive line both played very well last season and will likely be more talented this season.
True but I think their offensive line was very poor early in the season. Jameis clearly wasn’t the smartest at reading defenses but he didn’t have tons of time early on, from what I watched. He also fumbled a bunch too. I am very curious how the Bucs look this year regardless. Have to be the most intriguing team.

They had a good rush defense. The passing defense... ehhhh needs work.

They had a good rush defense. The passing defense... ehhhh needs work.
Their DL should be strong, LB should be average with White going into year 2. No clue about the secondary. They've spent a ton of 2nd-4th rd picks there in the last few years though so guys might start to show something.

Their DL should be strong, LB should be average with White going into year 2. No clue about the secondary. They've spent a ton of 2nd-4th rd picks there in the last few years though so guys might start to show something.

I think the front of the defense is good. Their Y/P and DVOA was good, but a lot of that really was the fact that they gave up so few yards per carry and recovered the second most fumbles in the league I wonder if that is a fluke as well. No doubt Jameis put them in some precarious situations. Defensive backs if they are good usually produce immediately, but maybe those guys do make improvement.

DeShone Kizer
Rodgers is 36. He is playing the next 2-3 seasons.

When Green Bay drafted Rodgers they signed him to a 5 year deal and before he even started a game he signed a 6 year extension in 2008.

The Packers drafting Love was a major slap in the face. Now it may cause what happened to Tom Brady when the Patriots drafted Jimmy Garrapolo in 2014.
After that pick the Patriots won 3 SBs in 5 seasons and he worked on his game a lot.

Rodgers will be moved in the next 2-3 seasons.

Teams I see him looking to trade for him Raiders, Patriots,Steelers,

Last edited:
Yeah seems like a very solid pick. Can he play DB? ;)

I may in the minority of Cowboy fans but I think our corners will be fine. I love Lewis who is going to step into the departed Jones starting spot. The big defensive upgrade was getting rid of Rod Marinelli and his 1990's scheme. I don't think there was a corner with the kind of value Lamb provided at 17.

I think the front of the defense is good. Their Y/P and DVOA was good, but a lot of that really was the fact that they gave up so few yards per carry and recovered the second most fumbles in the league I wonder if that is a fluke as well. No doubt Jameis put them in some precarious situations. Defensive backs if they are good usually produce immediately, but maybe those guys do make improvement.
They've honestly taken 7 CBs and Safeties between rds 2-4 in the last 3 drafts which is a pretty wild use of resources.

My Day 2 predictions for the draft.

Next QB is drafted by Pittsburgh and is Jalen Hurts.

Patriots trade the 37th pick to Arizona for a 2021 first round pick and they take a WR.

33rd pick is the DE from Iowa.

New Orleans wants an early 2nd round pick.
Belichick will want more ammo for next year.

Give the Saints 37 for a 2021 1st.

The arms race between NO and Tampa is on.
I bet Belichick will want to help NO for next year.
NO is all-in as long as Brees is there.

I may in the minority of Cowboy fans but I think our corners will be fine. I love Lewis who is going to step into the departed Jones starting spot. The big defensive upgrade was getting rid of Rod Marinelli and his 1990's scheme. I don't think there was a corner with the kind of value Lamb provided at 17.
I like Lewis. Awuziae is a disaster. We need a corner tonight.

the Giants will go Edge in the 2nd.

any one of Gross-Metos, Espensa, Baun or Okwara will work.

I don't know as much about the corners as you so you may be right. Lamb seems like good value there. Maybe the bigger issue is the pass rush.

Last edited:
My Day 2 predictions for the draft.

Next QB is drafted by Pittsburgh and is Jalen Hurts.

Patriots trade the 37th pick to Arizona for a 2021 first round pick and they take a WR.

33rd pick is the DE from Iowa.

You can +450 on that Hurts to Pittsburgh prediction.

Sports fans were hungry for something to watch

I don't know as much about the corners as you so you may be right. Lamb seems like good value there. Maybe the bigger issue is the pass rush.

This is the nit I pick with drafting Lamb (understanding he was likely BPA).

Dline is a big need because I don’t think McCoy & Poe, at this stage of their careers, are more than a 1-2 year stopgap at best.

Even if the secondary holds up without Jones, the Dline is the biggest concern.

I agree that moving on from Rod’s philosophy should help but Dallas needs line help way more than another high priced WR.

The saving grace is that the Skins & Jint passing games blow (outside of the Saquon wheel route) and the Iggs have reverted to their McNabb era philosophy on WRs (all hail FredEx!!).

What candy does Goodell have going there on this table? Skittles? M&Ms?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom