NFL Thread | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, what a hell of a football game. Kudos to one gritty Packers team, and to Rodgers, one of the greatest we've ever seen. No anti-Cowboy gloating from this quarter, they started slowly but didn't quit and made a terrific comeback. I feel badly for Witten, who's as classy a pro as I've seen.

If the Steelers can contain Hill, they'll win. That's my hot take for this game. lol

Kansas City crowd sounds insanely loud.
Pitt OL is going to have NE in Denver problems.

Next week's NFC title game will be shootout.
I can't see the GB stopping Atlanta's offense if they don't make self inflicted mistakes.
Rodgers is good enough to outscore them though.

Jeez, what a hell of a football game. Kudos to one gritty Packers team, and to Rodgers, one of the greatest we've ever seen. No anti-Cowboy gloating from this quarter, they started slowly but didn't quit and made a terrific comeback. I feel badly for Witten, who's as classy a pro as I've seen.

Much respect for Prescott and Elliott and Witten. O line is terrific.

Nothing but disdain for owner and fans.

-k that. That was our game to win but a spike and conservative play call got us tied. We needed to win it there not tie it.

Jerrah needs to sell his soul and find a pass rush for next year.

We made way too many stupid mistakes today.

Brice Butler's penalty was the one that Cowboy fans should be pissed about.
That one costed your team a score.

Huge interception by the Chiefs!

Mike Tomlin and Todd Haley coaching a chity game thus far.
KC can't stop Leveon Bell and Pitt refuses to pound him when they get inside the red zone.
Just awful coaching.

Mike Tomlin and Todd Haley coaching a chity game thus far.
KC can't stop Leveon Bell and Pitt refuses to pound him when they get inside the red zone.
Just awful coaching.

The hell with them, I have given up on football for a while.;)

Its a terrible rule, it should be a 5 yard penalty.
Think baseball:

You can't announce a pitcher or hitter, then not let them pitch a ball or take a swing...and put them back on the bench for later.

In the NFL, with its multiple subs, this is the way they keep order.

15 yards...

Can't have people running on and off...

Easy money today. Jimmy's squad has a better chance at beating UNC tomorrow than Dallas had at winning the Big Game.

Think baseball:

You can't announce a pitcher or hitter, then not let them pitch a ball or take a swing...and put them back on the bench for later.

In the NFL, with its multiple subs, this is the way they keep order.

15 yards...

Can't have people running on and off...
This is half right. When you announcer a pitcher they must face one hitter. You can announce a hitter and then pinch for them before that hitter bats.
The call in the Dallas-GB game was correct though. Butler was a moron for running out into the huddle and then not staying in.
That has to be on the player or the OC for calling the wrong personnel. That call cost Dallas a score.
The Dallas DC rushing 3 guys on the first 3 GB drives didn't help either. He did adjust but it was after Rodgers shredded them.

Whole weekend just a terrible wimpy coaching clinic. Keep punting & kicking every chance you get Bill O'Brien. Good to have a low variance strategy when you're a 17pt dog. What a loser.
Tomlin likes to go for 2 over 1 but prefers 3 to 7 when he's got 4th&goal from the 2, essentially the same spot but with the bonus of having the other team backed up if you don't make it. Makes perfect sense.

Correct on pitcher.

He has to last the batter.

Can't have it both ways.

That Pittsburgh first half was Syracusesque. 275 total yards but only 12 points.

Kansas City are the Diet version of New England. They play bend but don't break D. Have Diet Brady at QB in Smith, Coke Zero Gronk TE in Kelce, better version of Edelman in Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.