NFL Thread | Page 109 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why Collinsworth and Twitter are equating throwing there with balls. Three runs without a 1st has you punting on your own 12 with 80 seconds left when a FG beats you. Bad spot to be in. You need a 1st down period.

Andy would have run it.

Tom Brady's career passer rating (min. 5 gms):
vs Steelers: 114.2, best of any opponent
vs Chiefs: 88.2, worst of any opponent
That isn't a scary matchup for Brady.
Ben will score but KC's D was not good tonight. I think Belichick will be able to prepare them better than Reid.

Steelers will win this game outright. Book it.

16jpNFC1-master675.jpg

How the hell can Andy Reid just not "get it". He always makes the same mistakes.

Please post your coaching record next to his. Details would be appreciated. I'll even accept HS records, to give you the benefit of the doubt.

It has been an awful game calling performance by Andy Reid.
Having watched Reid for years in the NFC East, I can officially declare this statement an oxymoron.

The shock occurs when Reid DOESN'T call an awful game.

Please post your coaching record next to his. Details would be appreciated. I'll even accept HS records, to give you the benefit of the doubt.
LOL.
You are hilarious.
Andy Reid does not handle clock management well at all. If my comment bothers you oh well.
The guy has blown several playoff games with his bundling of the clock and TOs.

Pittsburgh D sucks. New England has the better D in this game.
New England wins this game unless they are -2 in the turnover margin.
Pittsburgh has never won a game in Foxboro with Brady as the QB.
Earlier this year the D of Pitt could not stop Brady.
Now their offense will do better with Rothlisberger but you want to pick against NE so much you don't look at history. Unless the Pats team turn the ball over they will score. Pitt doesn't have a Clowney, Merclius, or Justin Houston.
To beat NE you have to get pressure with 4 guys.
Pitt will not get pressure with 4 guys.

Including the playoffs Tom Brady is 9-2 with 26 touchdowns and only 3 interceptions against the Steelers.
This is a bad matchup for the Pitt D which relies on blitzing for pressure.
Best QBs versus the blitz this year
1. Brady
2. Ryan
3. Rodgers
Pittsburgh is screwed with all the remaining teams left.

Kelce makes himself hard to cheer for at times. The Chiefs are my secondary team after the Bills since I live in KC and it's far from his first episode of immaturity and stupidity
His wallet is going to be a lot lighter, what with the push and then his comments on the refs after the game. I agree with you - I would find it very difficult to root for this guy if he were on my team.

That holding penalty on the 2 pt conversion attempt would be a penalty in any game. Kelce needs to watch a replay before opening his mouth.

Sean Payton is a good coach stuck with a terrible GM. That GM has bungled the Saints cap situation and not fixed the D.
There is a reason all these teams want to hire him while he hasn't been fired. He would get another job in a week if he left NO.
I think he's absolutely a top 5 coach. Yeah the clock mgmt has always been a problem but looking at the big picture, can't deny the overall resume in terms of wins/playoff appearances, etc.

Just goes to show you how much of a turnstile coaching is in the NFL.

Pittsburgh D sucks. New England has the better D in this game.
New England wins this game unless they are -2 in the turnover margin.
Pittsburgh has never won a game in Foxboro with Brady as the QB.
Earlier this year the D of Pitt could not stop Brady.
Now their offense will do better with Rothlisberger but you want to pick against NE so much you don't look at history. Unless the Pats team turn the ball over they will score. Pitt doesn't have a Clowney, Merclius, or Justin Houston.
To beat NE you have to get pressure with 4 guys.
Pitt will not get pressure with 4 guys.

The Pittsburgh defense is a whole lot better now than they were many weeks ago when the two teams played. Dupree is wreaking havoc and he didn't play in that game. But the big difference in this game will be the Pittsburgh O-Line. They will manhandle the NE defensive front.

The Pittsburgh defense is a whole lot better now than they were many weeks ago when the two teams played. Dupree is wreaking havoc and he didn't play in that game. But the big difference in this game will be the Pittsburgh O-Line. They will manhandle the NE defensive front.
Pittsburgh is without their best defensive player Cam Heyward.

The Pats got pressure the first game against that Pitt OL.
Landry Jones was the QB but the OL was the same.
The Pitt D will either blitz and get burnt or they will sit back and Lewis/Blount will handle it.
Blount ran the ball good against Pittsburgh the first game and the Pats didn't even have Dion Lewis.

They will stick Butler on Brown giving Brown his yards and will work to contain Bell.
Pitt will definitely move the ball but unless they play a lot better than yesterday this will be a Pats win.
KC D wasn't even good yesterday and they held Pitt to 6 FGs.

Pittsburgh is without their best defensive player Cam Heyward.

The Pats got pressure the first game against that Pitt OL.
Landry Jones was the QB but the OL was the same.
The Pitt D will either blitz and get burnt or they will sit back and Lewis/Blount will handle it.
Blount ran the ball good against Pittsburgh the first game and the Pats didn't even have Dion Lewis.

They will stick Butler on Brown giving Brown his yards and will work to contain Bell.
Pitt will definitely move the ball but unless they play a lot better than yesterday this will be a Pats win.
KC D wasn't even good yesterday and they held Pitt to 6 FGs.

And NE is without Gronk. That game was played three months ago.

The KC defense is better than NE's defense.

There is a slight difference between Landry Jones and Big Ben.

I really couldn't care less about what happened in previous years when the two teams played. Largely irrelevant.

Having watched Reid for years in the NFC East, I can officially declare this statement an oxymoron.

The shock occurs when Reid DOESN'T call an awful game.

I think it's clock management more than play calling.

Btw from 2000-2011 Reid finished first or second in the NFC East ten times with six division championships. He pretty much dominated the division in that stretch.

And NE is without Gronk.

The KC defense is much better than NE's defense.

There is a slight difference between Landry Jones and Big Ben.

I really couldn't care less about what happened in previous years when the two teams played. Largely irrelevant.
KC D generates turnovers beyond that it is a bad D.
NE D has an underrated D.
Flowers is turning into a stud.
Hightower and McCourty are 2nd team all pros.
Butler/Ryan are a good combo CB tandem.
KC was horribly coached on D. Houston was in coverage way too much.
Gronk is out Lewis is back. NE has never lost a game when Lewis has played for them and Martilus Bennett is a top 10 TE in the league he can replace 50%-75% of Gronk.
Weapons are not a problem for NE even without Gronk.
Edelman.Lewis.Hogan.Floyd. Bennett.White.Blount and Mitchell.

LOL.
You are hilarious.
Andy Reid does not handle clock management well at all. If my comment bothers you oh well.
The guy has blown several playoff games with his bundling of the clock and TOs.

So, that's 0-0-0, huh? That's about what I thought. Oh well. :)

Last edited:
I think it's clock management more than play calling.

Btw from 2000-2011 Reid finished first or second in the NFC East ten times with six division championships. He pretty much dominated the division in that stretch.

Reid is great at game planning. His in game coaching and clock management is the worst of the worst.

So, that's 0-0-0, huh? That's about what I thought. :)
I didn't answer your question because it is completely irrelevant and doesn't even follow sound logic.
My coaching career has absolutely nothing to do with the fact Andy Reid is the worst time management coach in the NFL by far.

Also just because I want to have fun all college basketball refs suck. In fact all college basketball referees are morons and ruin sports just because I feel like saying it.

I didn't answer your question because it is completely irrelevant and doesn't even follow sound logic.
My coaching career has absolutely nothing to do with the fact Andy Reid is the worst time management coach in the NFL by far.

Also just because I want to have fun all college basketball refs suck. In fact all college basketball referees are morons and ruin sports just because I feel like saying it.

Yes, yes, yes, of course you're right. You always are about everything. Because you know everything. :blah:

Yes, yes, yes, of course you're right. You always are about everything. Because you know everything. :blah:
Yeah okay I know everything. You challenged my
Statement about Andy Reid and clock management with asking me about my coaching career.
If a person has a pulse and has watched Andy Reid
coach playoff games they know his teams frequently waste timeouts, never have urgency in 2 minute drills.
My coaching career is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to these statements. You being that "guy" and asking that question is what caused the strong response. It is not a smart point:
I could tell you without a shadow of a doubt if I were in Andy Reid's shoes my teams wouldn't make the same mistakes time after time on clock management.

One things for sure, it doesn't matter one bit what happened when 2 teams played each other earlier in the season. Too many examples to list. Pitt has the makeup to make it a rough day for NE. KC wouldn't have. Bennet isn't close to being healthy, and is nowhere near the problem Gronk is, which would've been key, since Pitt has been vulnerable to TE's. Harrison looked like a pretty good pass rusher still, against a good KC oline. But how much of a pass rush can the Steelers produce will be the major question? They have to make it happen to slow Brady down. If Pitt can muck up this game like they did last night, they can win.

The irony of two message board fans arguing about which one is a know it all.
I never said I was a know it all. I have no problem with different opinions. Challenging an opinion with stupidity like what is your coaching career is just pure stupidity and I will have none of that. I plead guilty for not having patience for that low hanging fruit stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.