NFL Thread | Page 112 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
True (but only 1 more). But so is the first half of your sentence. 21 years. 21. Many posters on this board weren't even alive the last time the Pokes won a Super Bowl.

What have you done lately?

Oh, right. Nothing.

You make it sound like 1995 was 1960, it wasn't that long ago, should we not count the two titles the giants won in the 80's-90's because it was a long time ago?

The Niners never had a franchise qb.
They sure thought they did, as did some experts (Jaws) too. The bigger picture is it just doesn't work most of the time in the NFL to say; all we need is x and we're on to the SB. We were talking about this with the Raiders. That window is sometimes so small and miss it just once, and you can go on a years long drought. Gotta strike while the irons hot, it's all timing.

You make it sound like 1995 was 1960, it wasn't that long ago, should we not count the two titles the giants won in the 80's-90's because it was a long time ago?

You're teetering into Redskin fan territory.

No one said we shouldn't count anything. But if you're going to make the argument that the NYFG's 'don't measure up', maybe the poster should make his argument using a team that has done something (anything, really) in the last 21 years. :noidea:

No one said we shouldn't count anything. But if you're going to make the argument that the NYFG's 'don't measure up', maybe the poster should make his argument using a team that has done something (anything, really) in the last 21 years. :noidea:

Measure up to what? The Cowboys have 5 sbs and have been to 8, the Giants have won 4 and have been to 5, no one is saying the Giants aren't a great franchise.

I really don't get it, you're arguing with a guy whose team beat you twice this year and has actually won Super Bowls - exciting ones - in this current era. And judging by the language I don't gather the Pokes fans here weren't in their age of reason when Staubach was QBing.
Oh so sorry, I didnt know we dont count Super Bowls prior to 2007. Sound s like a uconn fan regarding basketball prior to the 90s. Lol.You giant fans are so insecure. Yea the Giants beat Dallas twice this year fair and square I get it. . What does that have to do with anything? Dallas beat GB in lambaeu, but that didn't matter. I understand that.
The best part is that you "don't gather" that I am a Cowboys fan since 78.

They sure thought they did, as did some experts (Jaws) too. The bigger picture is it just doesn't work most of the time in the NFL to say; all we need is x and we're on to the SB. We were talking about this with the Raiders. That window is sometimes so small and miss it just once, and you can go on a years long drought. Gotta strike while the irons hot, it's all timing.

Kaepernick was a one hit wonder, Prescott is legit.

Measure up to what? The Cowboys have 5 sbs and have been to 8, the Giants have won 4 and have been to 5, no one is saying the Giants aren't a great franchise.
Ask your fellow fan. He's the one carrying this flag.

NFC east titles

Dallas. 22
Giants 8
Wow. 22 NFC East titles, and only 5 SB wins????? No wonder Cowboys fans are so defensive. You'd think America's Team could do better than that. The underachievement must wear on you terribly.

Done now. Knock yourself out.

Wow. 22 NFC East titles, and only 5 SB wins????? No wonder Cowboys fans are so defensive. You'd think America's Team could do better than that. The underachievement must wear on you terribly.

Lol. Still doesn't change your weak argument. Love the insecurity. should I respect you since you're a "staff member"?

No. You should respect me because I am engaging in good-natured trash talking with a fan of a division rival. Why would you bring 'staff member' into it?

Love the insecurity. ;)
Your best post all night. Touché!

They are 2nd in super bowls, they should have 6, they should have beat the Colts in sb 5, but that was way before my time.

Oh so sorry, I didnt know we dont count Super Bowls prior to 2007. Sound s like a uconn fan regarding basketball prior to the 90s. Lol.You giant fans are so insecure. Yea the Giants beat Dallas twice this year fair and square I get it. . What does that have to do with anything? Dallas beat GB in lambaeu, but that didn't matter. I understand that.
Ok, so you're a bandwagoneer who lingered from the staubach era.

Must suck having to reapply for your fandom every year.

Kapernick > dak

Giants have 8 titles

"Your," since you use the possessive so much, last Super Bowl is of legal drinking age. Usually age gives people perspective about these sorts of things.

Last edited:
The Patriots clearly don't have a top 5 D. They have a top 10 though.
It is well balanced with depth across the board.
Nikovich/Long/Sheard/Flowers is a solid 4 man pass rush to rotate at DE. They are all getting pressure in spots.
Malcolm Brown/Alan Branch/Vince Valentine have been really good at DT. Branch on run downs Valentine on pass downs.
Donta Hightower/Roberts/Van Noy/McClellin. 4 solid LBs. Hightower All-Pro/pro Bowler, Roberts is a beast in run stopping, Van Noy in pass D. McClellin has that hurdle blocked FG and has gotten more reps.
Butler/Ryan/Rowe very solid secondary at CBs. Butler is a legit #1 CB, Ryan has been great with a safety over the top helping, Rowe has handled the big WRs.
McCourty/Chung/Harmon at S. McCourty is an All-Pro/Pro Bowl guy. Chung has been great at defending TEs and being a nickel LB. Harmon at FS solid as a rock.

The unit is not Denver because it doesn't have high end talent Denver does or other elite Ds. You underrate how solid as a whole this unit is. They are good at preventing long plays. They allowed only 2 plays over 40 yards the whole year. They make you grind them out and not make mistakes. Ben on the road has been mediocre.
New England 31 Pittsburgh 24.

Your previous prediction was NE by 10 so I guess you're coming around to the idea that this game will not be a walk in the park.

Sean Lee is extremely overrated.

He's best against predominantly run teams that throw screens and underneath dink n dunk offenses.

He's awful in coverage and is brittle for a MLB. He's the defensive version of Romo IMHO.

I agree with your take on his weaknesses but he is a helluva run defender. One of the best in the league.

Ok, so you're a bandwagoneer who lingered from the staubach era.

Must suck having to reapply for your fandom every year.

Kapernick > dak

Giants have 8 titles

I know you are a hater, but that is just wrong, very wrong.

I know you are a hater, but that is just wrong, very wrong.
You're probably right, dak seems like a good kid.

He will likely always stand for the National Anthem.

Status
Not open for further replies.