NFL Thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got two pro bowl caliber CBs. The Saints gotta stop us too.

Yeah we won't, you won't have to worry about that.

Rodgers-Cromartie doesn't scare me. We owned him last year.

The pass interference call at the end was a joke. That ball was not catchable.

We are the worst tackling team in the history of the NFL going on about 6 years now. It all started the year Marshawn beasted us in the playoffs in Seattle.
Yeah that 4th down PI was pathetic. The receiver wasn't catching that unless he jump 10 feet and bring it in. He was chucked in the legal 5 yard zone and the ref furthest away threw the flag. The Saints also wasted a TO the drive before on that long catch and fumble down to the Oakland 5 yard line. It looked like Oakland was considering a challenge and then the Saints called a TO that I don't think Payton wanted. That lack of a TO killed them on the last drive. As if the Saints had 1 TO they get the ball closer for the FG.

Better have your D-backs ready this week to stop the deep passing game.
you aint tellin jokes.

they just put Dez in a blanket though.

im confident Eli will out gun 'em. would've liked for the saints to have had won this week, nobody wants to be 0-2.

I watched the game Dez was not shutdown. He dropped 2 balls in the sun in the 4th Q. He dropped a catchable TD in the 2nd Q which originally was called a TD.

Prescott stopped targeting him as the NYG had a safety over the top most of the time which was smart by the NYG.

Prescott threw the ball high a number of times to kill drives. The NYG D improved from pathetic to mediocre which a big improvement but they didn't shut Dallas down. The Cowboys didn't punt in the first half. They didn't score TDs give credit to the Giants for that but it wasn't a great performance. Redskins/Giants are likely battling to win 9 games and the division.

What injuries did the NYG O have as only 20 points against a mediocre Dallas D was not impressive.

I watched the game Dez was not shutdown. He dropped 2 balls in the sun in the 4th Q. He dropped a catchable TD in the 2nd Q which originally was called a TD.

Prescott stopped targeting him as the NYG had a safety over the top most of the time which was smart by the NYG.

Prescott threw the ball high a number of times to kill drives. The NYG D improved from pathetic to mediocre which a big improvement but they didn't shut Dallas down. The Cowboys didn't punt in the first half. They didn't score TDs give credit to the Giants for that but it wasn't a great performance. Redskins/Giants are likely battling to win 9 games and the division.

What injuries did the NYG O have as only 20 points against a mediocre Dallas D was not impressive.
69.9 qb rating
20 incompletions
30 rushing attempts for 101yds
all world WR Dez, 1 catch.

Witten was Witten again. im telling you all, when he goes to the HOF, he needs to invite and thank all the Giants DC's and D coaches.

Giants had the ball for 23 minutes and had 20(1) pts.

the Dallas Oline is still extremely good.

the Giants Oline is still extremely bad, but better than last year.

inconf, road WIN.

ugly, but just like bunt singles look like line drives in the boxscore, that looks like a blowout in the standings column.

ill take it.

you aint tellin jokes.

they just put Dez in a blanket though.

im confident Eli will out gun 'em. would've liked for the saints to have had won this week, nobody wants to be 0-2.

Eli better play better than he did yesterday.

69.9 qb rating
20 incompletions

Witten was Witten again. im telling you all, when he goes to the HOF, he needs to invite and thank all the Giants DC's and D coaches.

inconf, road WIN.

ugly, but just like bunt singles look like line drives in the boxscore, that looks like a blowout in the standings column.

ill take it.

If Romo plays yesterday, you lose, I wouldn't be thumping my chest over that win.

If Romo plays yesterday, you lose, I wouldn't be thumping my chest over that win.
That depends what point in the game Romo would have gotten injured.

69.9 qb rating
20 incompletions

inconf, road WIN.

ill take it.
Giants won so that is all that matters but they didn't do anything that screams a playoff team.

They won on the road so Congrats but that Dallas team moved the ball and just didn't finish the drives. The Giants OL will get Manning blown up if they don't improve. He didn't get rid of the ball fast.

Redskins tonight can show me if they are the class as Pittsburgh is better than any NFC East team and if they can beat them they will be the favorites.

Eli better play better than he did yesterday.

I thought Eli was pretty good overall. One horrid decision for an INT, and missed an easy throw on a 3rd down. But 19-28 and 3 TDs is solid.

Giants won so that is all that matters but they didn't do anything that screams a playoff team.

They won on the road so Congrats but that Dallas team moved the ball and just didn't finish the drives. The Giants OL will get Manning blown up if they don't improve. He didn't get rid of the ball fast.

Redskins tonight can show me if they are the class as Pittsburgh is better than any NFC East team and if they can beat them they will be the favorites.

Carolina lost to a weak QB, Cardinals lost to a backup QB, GB struggled with Jacksonville, Atlanta lost, Minnesota struggled with Tennessee...I guess nobody is "screaming playoff team" if you want to look at it that way. All they gotta do is be better than Dallas, Philly, and Washington.

Manning has played behind far worse OLs and has always remained healthy.

I suspect you're still pissed off about the SBs and don't want the Giants to be any good.

Carolina lost to a weak QB, Cardinals lost to a backup QB, GB struggled with Jacksonville, Atlanta lost, Minnesota struggled with Tennessee...I guess nobody is "screaming playoff team" if you want to look at it that way. All they gotta do is be better than Dallas, Philly, and Washington.

I suspect you're still pissed off about the SBs and don't want the Giants to be any good.
Honestly it has nothing to do with the SBs I hate your POS owner Mara. I didn't have anything against the Giants till I found the truth behind this witchhunt and the leadership of Mara in it. I get they are your team and I have nothing against the team I just wish bad on the owner.

The Giants roster sucks though. The OL isn't good, the D was better than last year but last year was the 2nd worst D in terms of passing yards allowed alltime.

Arizona/Seattle/Green Bay/Carolina all have better teams.

Carolina lost on the road to the defending champ. No defending champion has lost that Thursday night home game.The Broncos D is still one of the top units in football. Carolina played well in this game and they should fine.

Green Bay was at Jacksonville. Jacksonville has a good young team. Bortles/Robinson/Hurns are a really good young offense. I think the Jags have a better roster than the Giants its just the Jags coaching sucks. Give the Jags a good coach next year and they will be a 10-11 win team.

Cardinals just choked. They had no excuses for losing that game. New England took away the Cardinals deep ball and it frustrated that offense. They got 14 of the 21 points on short field turnovers. Their D had no excuses for letting a rookie QB go 10 for 16 on 3rd down. I still they are a 11 win team.

Seattle had their starting QB's ankle turned in the first quarter by Suh. That hurt the Seattle offense a lot. The Seattle D was awesome but Wilson having no mobility and Kearse dropping two big balls killed 2 drives.

Giants will be lucky to just be a playoff team. I don't hate the team. I hate the POS that is cultivated in the media as Classy John Mara.

Honestly it has nothing to do with the SBs I hate your POS owner Mara. I didn't have anything against the Giants till I found the truth behind this witchhunt and the leadership of Mara in it. I get they are your team and I have nothing against the team I just wish bad on the owner.

The Giants roster sucks though. The OL isn't good, the D was better than last year but last year was the 2nd worst D in terms of passing yards allowed alltime.

Arizona/Seattle/Green Bay/Carolina all have better teams.

Carolina lost on the road to the defending champ. No defending champion has lost that Thursday night home game.The Broncos D is still one of the top units in football. Carolina played well in this game and they should fine.

Green Bay was at Jacksonville. Jacksonville has a good young team. Bortles/Robinson/Hurns are a really good young offense. I think the Jags have a better roster than the Giants its just the Jags coaching sucks. Give the Jags a good coach next year and they will be a 10-11 win team.

Cardinals just choked. They had no excuses for losing that game. New England took away the Cardinals deep ball and it frustrated that offense. They got 14 of the 21 points on short field turnovers. Their D had no excuses for letting a rookie QB go 10 for 16 on 3rd down. I still they are a 11 win team.

Seattle had their starting QB's ankle turned in the first quarter by Suh. That hurt the Seattle offense a lot. The Seattle D was awesome but Wilson having no mobility and Kearse dropping two big balls killed 2 drives.

Giants will be lucky to just be a playoff team. I don't hate the team. I hate the POS that is cultivated in the media as Classy John Mara.

Giants offense is solid even with the OL. Passing game should be elite again. Veteran pro bowl QB with weapons, including one of the most productive and explosive players in football. DLine and CB should both be strong units this year too. There are holes like most teams, but there are too many strengths to say the roster "sucks" IMO.

They lost 5 games in the last two minutes last year because they couldn't stop anybody. With a defense anywhere close to mediocre, they would've been a playoff team last year. I think they can win 10.

Giants offense is solid even with the OL. Passing game should be elite again. Veteran pro bowl QB with weapons, including one of the most productive and explosive players in football. DLine and CB should both be strong units this year too. There are holes like most teams, but there are too many strengths to say the roster "sucks" IMO.

They lost 5 games in the last two minutes last year because they couldn't stop anybody. With a defense anywhere close to mediocre, they would've been a playoff team last year. I think they can win 10.
The AFC East and NFC South are easier than playing AFC North and NFC North. 2016 schedule is mroe diffucult and I only see really 1 playmaker on defense. Vernon was good. The secondary with DRC, Apple, Collins is great. The LBers are not good.

Beckham is a stud on offense. I think Eli is a top 10-12 level QB. The OL isn't good. Overall I think the Giants roster is in the middle of the NFL. They have a top 13-17 level roster. The coaching is unproven it could elavate that roster if they are good.

Dallas has more talent but their coaching staff sucks and allows themselves to be puppets of Jerry Jones. The Giants under Reese haven't drafted well and that has hurt the roster talent. Teams shouldn't have spend 100 million dollars on 3 FAs but because the Giants roster was devoid of talent they didn't have to resign guys on the roster and went on a FA spending spree. Teams that spend a lot of FA don't tend to be very good. Adding 1 piece in FA is common but not 3-5 guys getting big bucks.

I thought Eli was pretty good overall. One horrid decision for an INT, and missed an easy throw on a 3rd down. But 19-28 and 3 TDs is solid.

He wasn't vintage Eli

I think the Giants will be better, but I still have a lot of question marks about their Defense, running game, and O-line. They barely got by a team yesterday playing a rookie qb, and a bad defense.

69.9 qb rating
20 incompletions

inconf, road WIN.

ill take it.

You played a rookie QB last week.

You play a top 5 guy this week. If you guys keep Brees under 350 and 3 TD's that's a win for the Giants.

Got some sunburn in Baltimore seeing the 2nd worst game in NFL history [2nd only because a 6-3 Derek Anderson game happened] at the expense of all the exciting games.
"At least I can have some fun with this longshot +600 Chargers to win the West bet" as they're crushing KC. Oh they didn't just lose - Allen is done for the year too? Capped off by the NE nobodies and their midget WRs.
Yay football. GG 2016.

I hate Jon Gruden. He needs to go away.

I used to love MNF.

I honestly haven't seen anybody over the 100+ media members that make predictions think that the Falcons are a playoff-caliber team. They just aren't. They're likely the worst team in their division.

I honestly haven't seen anybody over the 100+ media members that make predictions think that the Falcons are a playoff-caliber team. They just aren't. They're likely the worst team in their division.

I was listing off the top of my head who I thought were playoff teams last year, but I guess they weren't one of them.

Matty Ice is the worst QB in the division. He's solid in the same mold as Eli Manning, but Winston has improved. Best QB division in football.

In the past 4 games against the Giants the Saints have averaged 44 points a game and Brees has thrown for 1600 yards and 16 touchdowns.

Week 2 doesn't have many good games. I think Pittsburgh-Cincinnati and Green Bay-Minnesota are really the only 2 good games.

If the Giants hold the Saints under 3o I will say their D is really improved. I think the Pats could get beaten by the Dolphins after last week. This is the game I am most worried about. If they beat Miami they could go 4-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.