NFL Thread | Page 220 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find myself in an interesting predicament with my fantasy football team. I’m in the unique position where I can pick my first round opponent in the playoffs.

I’m in third place in my division. First place gets a bye until week 15. If I lose to Team A this week, they’ll get the bye. Otherwise it’s Team B. Right now I’m trailing Team A by five points and I have Le’Veon Bell going tomorrow night. So if I bench Bell, I’ll face Team B in the first round.

Why would I want to do this? Judging from the matchups, Team A should have a really good week next week, while Team B should have a bad week. I feel I’m better off facing Team B.

Benching Bell...good strategy or bush league?

I find myself in an interesting predicament with my fantasy football team. I’m in the unique position where I can pick my first round opponent in the playoffs.

I’m in third place in my division. First place gets a bye until week 15. If I lose to Team A this week, they’ll get the bye. Otherwise it’s Team B. Right now I’m trailing Team A by five points and I have Le’Veon Bell going tomorrow night. So if I bench Bell, I’ll face Team B in the first round.

Why would I want to do this? Judging from the matchups, Team A should have a really good week next week, while Team B should have a bad week. I feel I’m better off facing Team B.

Benching Bell...good strategy or bush league?
You play to win the game.

Waiting for the gronk suspension. If the patriots can put up with that on their team maybe theyll be the ones to take Suh’s absurd contract off our hands :)

Waiting for the gronk suspension. If the patriots can put up with that on their team maybe theyll be the ones to take Suh’s absurd contract off our hands :)
He deserves a suspension IMO

Gronk will get one game.
It’s not more than based on suspensions given out to Mike Evans, Michael Crabtree, Aqib Talib.

Gronk will get one game.
It’s not more than based on suspensions given out to Mike Evans, Michael Crabtree, Aqib Talib.

Equating a shove in the back, and face-to-face fisticuffs to a sucker-punch-style elbow strike to the back of the head with a metal elbow brace that put a guy into concussion protocol. A strike like that would be illegal in MMA. I guess that's the Patriot Way.

Equating a shove in the back, and face-to-face fisticuffs to a sucker-punch-style elbow strike to the back of the head with a metal elbow brace that put a guy into concussion protocol. A strike like that would be illegal in MMA. I guess that's the Patriot Way.

Yeah. Cheap shots on helpless players is way worse than squaring up and fighting. He torpedoed himself right into the guys head/neck while he was on the ground. Could’ve ended his career.

He should get multiple games. Amazing he wasn’t thrown out of that one. That was ridiculous.

Last edited:
Gronk will get one game.
Talib/Crabtree were initially suspended two games. They were also ejected, so they basically served two-game suspensions each. Are you saying Gronk will wind up with one game after appeal?

Talib/Crabtree were initially suspended two games. They were also ejected, so they basically served two-game suspensions each. Are you saying Gronk will wind up with one game after appeal?
At most he will one miss game via suspension.
If they suspended him 4 games I honestly wouldn’t be upset.

Last edited:
At most he will one miss game via suspension.
Yeah, that's probably what will happen, but he deserves more. Rest of the regular season if it were up to me.

Yeah, that's probably what will happen, but he deserves more. Rest of the regular season if it were up to me.
If they suspended him 4 games I honestly wouldn’t be upset.
The Pats are winning 3 of those 4 at minimum.
At Pittsburgh in the AFC title game doesn’t scare me.
If Gronk missed the Pitt game oh well.
Suspending keeps him from making incentives and lowers his cap hit next year.
Plus he is healthy for the playoffs

As predicted Gronk got 1 game.
He wasn’t getting more.
DQOn7uKUIAA_r0u

Being suspended for one game will cost Gronk $250,000 weekly salary a $31,250 46-man active roster bonus, and $2.5 million by missing out on his top incentive.

The NFL actually did the Pats a favor.
I hope they uphold the suspension.

Being suspended for one game will cost Gronk $250,000 weekly salary a $31,250 46-man active roster bonus, and $2.5 million by missing out on his top incentive.

The NFL actually did the Pats a favor.
I hope they uphold the suspension.
They usually uphold one-game suspensions. It sends a terrible message otherwise, and I can't imagine Brooks or Thrash overturning this.

Injury to Shazier does not look good.

Right after the hit i thought that something looked off and could be serious. The replay confirmed it. Went in with crown of helmet. Reached for lower back but hasn't moved legs much.

Hope for best..

Thought same. These dudes HAVE TO STOP with the head spearing

We used to coach players to "stick your Riddell right in his numbers." Then the word came around that it had to stop and why, so we did. Took a little of an adjustment, but we changed that. When we saw a kid leading with his helmet that way, we'd pull him off and talk to him. Players need to learn starting right from the first day that the helmet is not a weapon.

Last edited:
Gronkowski is appealing a 1-game suspension for that? Really Rob? Why, because you don't like being disciplined for doing something seriously stupid that could have injured another player? Good grief. Just more of that NE entitled attitude: "The rules apply to the rest, but not us."

Gronkowski is appealing a 1-game suspension for that? Really Rob? Why, because you don't like being disciplined for doing something seriously stupid that could have injured another player? Good grief. Just more of that NE entitled attitude: "The rules apply to the rest, but not us."
Again the rules apply to the Patriots.
Gronk is appealing for personal monetary reasons.
He is going to lose and Patriots fans want him suspended for 1 game
Gronk will lose 5.5 million with this suspension. Which saves the Patriots future cap space.
He won’t reach playing time and stat incentives by missing a game.

I got no problem with him sitting out a game he cost himself a lot of money.

Again the rules apply to the Patriots.
Gronk is appealing for personal monetary reasons.
He is going to lose and Patriots fans want him suspended for 1 game
Gronk will lose 5.5 million with this suspension. Which saves the Patriots future cap space.
He won’t reach playing time and stat incentives by missing a game.

I got no problem with him sitting out a game he cost himself a lot of money.

Good post, good points, I appreciate you're being objective. And yes, the rules do apply to everyone. But the arrogant Patriots don't seem to suscribe to that. They fairly ooze an attitude of prepossession and entitled immunity. Belichick's record as HC should be asterisked for his cheating. He knew what he was doing (filming other teams' practices) was illegal and he still did it. I spit on the floor every time I see his face. And I'd love to hear all of what Eric Mangini knows. :) Notice I didn't mention deflategate and Brady's destruction of evidence.

But as for Gronkowski's appeal, the process should be reserved for when an error was made somewhere in the ruling, or because the penalty was excessive and unfair, and not because a petulant child just doesn't like the ruling. It looks good on him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.