NFL Thread | Page 222 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro football can be so stupid. Esp this season.
Yet the owners decided to give their sock puppet another 200 million over 5 years.

I typically don’t care in these labor disputes but I hope the players are prepared to lose a season as NFL owners suck and deserve to lose badly next CBA.

Yet the owners decided to give their sock puppet another 200 million over 5 years.

I typically don’t care in these labor disputes but I hope the players are prepared to lose a season as NFL owners suck and deserve to lose badly next CBA.

The style of play is bland, the stadium gameday experience is a caste system with the upper decks looking like a WWE event, anti kid, expensive, riddled with injuries and having high profile players being profane on the field.

The new stadiums all blow. Buffalo, New Orleans, Kansas City, Philly and Denver have great game day atmospheres.

QB play has deterioted. The Mannings are on their way out and Brady/Brees aren’t far behind. They’ve done a poor job marketing their up and coming players. Injuries have played a huge part in the bad product. As has the bad officiating.

The owners have become incredibly greedy and not invested in the product on the field thinking it would sell itself.

The new stadiums all blow. Buffalo, New Orleans, Kansas City, Philly and Denver have great game day atmospheres.

QB play has deterioted. The Mannings are on their way out and Brady/Brees aren’t far behind. They’ve done a poor job marketing their up and coming players. Injuries have played a huge part in the bad product. As has the bad officiating.

The owners have become incredibly greedy and not invested in the product on the field thinking it would sell itself.

The Bills tailgate scene seems to be a bit much. Philly used to have a jail, the new stadium is nice, have the fights tailed off? Hear great things about KC and NO.

The injury thing is really bad, too many high profile guys going down and that's just an accepted part of the game.

Thurs night has to go unless they have double byes.

And they HAVE to get the refs under control. The flags on unsuccessful 3rd downs for stuff like illegal contact (could be called on literally every play) or late hits when a QB falls down are changing the outcomes of games.

Maybe less automatic 1st downs

And they HAVE to get the refs under control. The flags on unsuccessful 3rd downs for stuff like illegal contact (could be called on literally every play) or late hits when a QB falls down are changing the outcomes of games.

I have advocated if the NFL cares about player safety they should have 2 bye weeks.
It would allow all Thursday night games to be teams off one of their two byes.
Plus the NFL would be giving the networks an extra week of TV games.
18 weeks over 17.

Refs just suck and need to improve.

There needs to be better rules in place regarding automatic 1st downs, a dinky little 5 yard holding call on a receiver should not negate a 2nd and 20.

I have advocated if the NFL cares about player safety they should have 2 bye weeks.
18 weeks over 17.

I've written goodell and Mara my plan.

18 weeks
2 byes
start a week later
Opening Day Thursday
Then no Thursday till 2nd weekend of October (10/5 this year)(no more pennant races)
Thursday's run for 10 weeks (10 weeks of midseason 2x byes) yesterday would've been last 1
Still 3 on thanksgiving
2 Saturdays, 1 a double header either weeks 15 & 16(2 to play 3)...and everyone ends Sunday week 17
All 32 Get that 'Nationally Televised' Game
SuperBowl on Presidents Weekend

Mic dropped

Beat that...

The Bills tailgate scene seems to be a bit much. Philly used to have a jail, the new stadium is nice, have the fights tailed off? Hear great things about KC and NO.

The injury thing is really bad, too many high profile guys going down and that's just an accepted part of the game.

Fights have def tailed off at the Linc. PSLs tend to do a decent job of eliminating some of the riff raff. I sit downstairs and haven't witnessed a fight in a long time. Not sure what's going on upstairs.

I sit close to the field and one of the things I noticed - not that you can't see this on tv - many of the refs are old and really not in condition to move quickly up and down the field. Experience is great but at some point you're too old to effectively do the job.

18 weeks
2 byes
start a week later
Opening Day Thursday
Then no Thursday till 2nd weekend of October (10/5 this year)(no more pennant races)
Thursday's run for 10 weeks (10 weeks of midseason 2x byes) yesterday would've been last 1
Still 3 on thanksgiving
2 Saturdays, 1 a double header either weeks 15 & 16(2 to play 3)...and everyone ends Sunday week 17

Mic dropped

Beat that...

The objectionable part is starting a week later and running all the way into President's Day weekend. That means a few more games in very cold weather conditions for some teams in cold weather climates. No thanks.

18 weeks
2 byes
start a week later
Opening Day Thursday
Still 3 on thanksgiving

Mic dropped

Beat that...

Dump TNF. Case closed. Easy, huh?

“Brady just loves the game so much. He has so much passion.”

“Odell is crazy, why is he always so angry?”

I'm looking forward to when Brady pees like a dog after a TD, gets multiple personal foul calls against him or goes over to hug the kicking screen.

18 weeks over 17.

First, it's a tough game to officiate. How do you propose the situation be improved? Because the real problem is the level of play, not the refs calling penalties. And the rich owners don't want to pay for full time professional officials. Notice I didn't say anything about the CBA and practice time.

1.) The refs are no better or worse than they've always been. Another big problem is instant replay and the ability of the guys in the booth to immediately show the play in question and break it down. And the booth guys have more and better angles than the refs do at field level. And so does every fan watching on TV.

2.) There is a mindset among coaches that the refs won't (and don't want to) call everything, so keep pushing the edge and forcing them to make decisions.

3.) There are too many teams and/or not enough qualified players, which is why violations occur. Which leads to the "It's better to haul your man down than give up a free shot at your QB, or give up a TD."

[QUOTE="bpo57, post: 2413478, member: 1572"]I'm looking forward to when Brady pees like a dog after a TD, gets multiple personal foul calls against him or goes over to hug the kicking screen.[/QUOTE]

The horror! Clutch those pearls a little tighter.

One guy gets personal fouls for yelling at the refs while the other one doesn’t. One guy gets protected by the league and can’t be touched while the other gets regularly cheap shotted and roughed up with no calls.

The objectionable part is starting a week later and running all the way into President's Day weekend. That means a few more games in very cold weather conditions for some teams in cold weather climates. No thanks.
2 weeks doesn’t make a difference.

And I’ve seen stores with hats, coats and gloves with other assorted keep warm garments.

And TNF isn’t leaving.

2 weeks doesn’t make a difference.

And I’ve seen stores with hats, coats and gloves with other assorted keep warm garments.

And TNF isn’t leaving.

Of course TNF isn't leaving, it brings in hundreds of millions of dollars. I think it stinks for player safety but I'd be surprised if the NFLPA pushed hard to eliminate it given the resulting shrinkage of the total pie.

Under your scenario you'd have cold weather games for at least 1/3 of the schedule in many locales. Like I said, no thanks. Why not start a week earlier? Like they used to.

[QUOTE="bpo57, post: 2413478, member: 1572"]I'm looking forward to when Brady pees like a dog after a TD, gets multiple personal foul calls against him or goes over to hug the kicking screen.

One guy gets personal fouls for yelling at the refs while the other one doesn’t. One guy gets protected by the league and can’t be touched while the other gets regularly cheap shotted and roughed up with no calls.[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember that personal foul cheap shot he got against Josh Norman. Should have been suspended for a couple of games. That was a flat out embarrassment. The only guy I've ever seen that could make Tom Coughlin look like a non-disciplinarian.

I hate the NE Patriots but one guy is all about his team and the other guy is all about himself.

One guy gets personal fouls for yelling at the refs while the other one doesn’t. One guy gets protected by the league and can’t be touched while the other gets regularly cheap shotted and roughed up with no calls.

I seem to remember that personal foul cheap shot he got against Josh Norman. Should have been suspended for a couple of games. That was a flat out embarrassment. The only guy I've ever seen that could make Tom Coughlin look like a non-disciplinarian.

I hate the NE Patriots but one guy is all about his team and the other guy is all about himself.[/QUOTE]

He cheap shotted Norman...no question. Norman cheap-shotted OBJ on the first series of the game and throughout the game and the refs did nothing. OBJ retaliated. As much as he lost his cool for awhile, he recovered and roasted Norman to tie the game.

The last sentence you typed is exactly what I’m driving at and what I think OBJ is driving at by posting that video. That’s all perception.

If you're right on that, it's just another monument to the fecklessness of Rodger Goodell.

Has little to do with Goodell, he's just taking orders from the NFL owners. The NFL brings in $450 million each year for two years with TNF. That's $14 million per team each year. If they brought it to a vote and the players had to reckon with the idea of a smaller salary cap I'm not sure they'd want to get rid of TNF. Even tho they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.