NFL Thread | Page 243 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rams tried to tank the 3 seed.
Well Karma just bit them as New Orleans didn’t win.
Now we get
1. Philly
2. Minnesota
3. LA
4. New Orleans
5. Carolina
6. Atlanta.

Interesting point. Maybe LAR did tank because they preferred the 4th seed to potentially play Philly rather than Minnesota. On the other hand rather than tanking they may have determined that battling for a 3 instead of a 4 wasn't worth the risk of losing Goff or Gurley. Either way they were playing next week at home. McVay has already witnessed one franchise QB go down right in front of him this season.

Chargers were in playoff contention.
They needed to win and for Jags to beat Titans.

Fair point. I gotcha but other than Bills/Ravens there didn't seem to be a lot of drama. Everybody else we expected in the playoffs after last week is still in the playoffs. A lot of the NFC stuff was just maneuvering within the seeds.

DSa6rpBX0AABxN2

NFL divisional schedule just announced.
Saturday January 13th.
Highest NFC team remaining at Philadelphia 4:35 NBC
Highest AFC team remaining at New England 8:15 CBS
Sunday
Lowest remaining AFC team at Pittsburgh 1:05 CBS
Lowest remaining NFC team at Minnesota 4:35 Fox

Rams tried to tank the 3 seed.
Well Karma just bit them as New Orleans didn’t win.
Now we get
1. Philly
2. Minnesota
3. LA
4. New Orleans
5. Carolina
6. Atlanta.

Don't blame Rams one bit for trying to draw the dead man walking Eagles

So my picks for awards
MVP- Tom Brady
Offensive POY- Todd Gurley
Defensive POY- Demarcus Lawrence
Rookie OPOY- Alvin Kamara
Rookie DPOY- Tre’Davious White
Comeback POY- Todd Gurley
Coach of Year- Sean McVey
NFL Post of the year- Kaiser’s post on James Harrison

Christian Hackenburg might be the worst draft pick of alltime.
He went in the 2nd round 2 years ago and has played for back to back 5-11 teams and hasn’t played one NFL snap.
I mean this game is over and they still won’t give the guy garbage time.

I dunno, man, the Jets have done worse all by themselves: Blair Thomas, Vernon Gholston, Lam Jones, Kyle Brady, Dave (who?) Cadigan. Now for the worst of all time, I think Bosworth, Mandarich, Leaf, Charles Rogers and Mike Williams (because they were both by Matt Millen), Marinovich, are the names that come to mind.

I dunno, man, the Jets have done worse all by themselves: Blair Thomas, Vernon Gholston, Lam Jones, Kyle Brady, Dave (who?) Cadigan. Now for the worst of all time, I think Bosworth, Mandarich, Leaf, Charles Rogers and Mike Williams (because they were both by Matt Millen), Marinovich, are the names that come to mind.
I get all those guys were busts.
However they all played on the field and showed they were busts.
Hackenburg can’t even get on the field.
I mean the Pats are up 26-6 and the Jets don’t even give the guy a series.
Hackenburg has never played 1 snap in 2 years for a team with a need for a QB.
Ryan Nassib got more run as Eli’s backup.

I get all those guys were busts.
However they all played on the field and showed they were busts.
Hackenburg can’t even get on the field.
I mean the Pats are up 26-6 and the Jets don’t even give the guy a series.
Hackenburg has never played 1 snap in 2 years for a team with a need for a QB.
Ryan Nassib got more run as Eli’s backup.

Think context: Hackenberg is a 2nd round pick, and all the others were first rounders: Bosworth was a 1st overall; Thomas, Jones, Leaf & Mandarich, 2nd overall; Gholston 6th; Cadigan 8th; Brady 9th; Williams 10th. There are scads of worse draft picks than Hack. And he's only 22. Not even Tom Brady stepped on the field right out of college.

Think context: Hackenberg is a 2nd round pick, and all the others were first rounders: Bosworth was a 1st overall; Thomas, Jones, Leaf & Mandarich, 2nd overall; Gholston 6th; Cadigan 8th; Brady 9th; Williams 10th. There are scads of worse draft picks than Hack. And he's only 22. Not even Tom Brady stepped on the field right out of college.
I get your point I just find it crazy they can’t even give the kid a series in a nothing game.
Hell Bowles conceded the game when he kicked a FG down 21 in the 4th.

I put Hackenbrerg in the same category as Blaine Gabbert. If you're not that good in college, chances are you won't be in the NFL. At least Gabbert has gotten on the field though.

I get your point I just find it crazy they can’t even give the kid a series in a nothing game.
Hell Bowles conceded the game when he kicked a FG down 21 in the 4th.

I think we all agree that Bowles is over-employed. He's the guy who brought in Chan freaking Gailey. And Kacy Rogers. One down, two to go.

How does Hue Jackson go 1-31 and keep his job?

That is just insane. Sorry but it’s unbelievable a coach can win 1 game in 2 years and keep his job. Rich Kotite with the Jets was better.

How does Hue Jackson go 1-31 and keep his job?

That is just insane. Sorry but it’s unbelievable a coach can win 1 game in 2 years and keep his job. Rich Kotite with the Jets was better.

He isn't the issue in Cleveland.

Status
Not open for further replies.