NFL Thread | Page 245 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody in the organization is going to talk to ESPN.
Wickersham’s source is Mike Lombardi.
Lombardi probably knows Belichicks brain but no way Belichick is feeding this story. He gives the media nothing as he hates distractions.
Belichick wanted to move on from Brady. Brady hasn’t regressed so Belichick can’t move on because of the owner.

FWIW Lacanfora says it’s false. I’m with you on Them giving ESPN nothing. Maybe they’re getting it from McDaniels/Patricia in their search to be head coaches.

FWIW Lacanfora says it’s false. I’m with you on Them giving ESPN nothing. Maybe they’re getting it from McDaniels/Patricia in their search to be head coaches.
The story is going to say Brady went to Kraft about his desire to continue playing.
That led Kraft going to Belichick saying he wants Brady to retire as Patriot.
Now the speculation is this pissed Belichick off as he wanted to move onto Garrapolo after this year. Belichick is pissed he had to move Garrapolo and now may retire as HC and just be the GM after the year.

This last paragraph is all speculation that Wickersham is going to say without evidence and is just stirring the pot.

All of the leaking caused this line to be scrubbed from the article which comes out at 8AM tomorrow.
DSvqR00U0AAT5Fv

The broncos also have an interest in mcadoofus.

Who wanted to play Geno Fluckin Smith because his offensive game planning sucked so bad.
Yeah, the interest is as a qb coach. Lol

Reading the entire article it’s basically Belichick can’t take the owner saying the guy who has made his franchise worth billions being bullet proof make BB a big baby.

Belichick is 65. He isn’t going to stay long term either. Brady hasn’t slipped and Belichick wants to move oh.

Interesting thing about the way the next round of playoffs is structured. The 3 and 6 seeds already know who they will be playing if they win and can focus their next game prep. The teams with byes each have three potential opponents and the 4 and 5 seeds could be playing either of the teams with byes.

Probably not that big an advantage but thought it was interesting.

Interesting thing about the way the next round of playoffs is structured. The 3 and 6 seeds already know who they will be playing if they win and can focus their next game prep. The teams with byes each have three potential opponents and the 4 and 5 seeds could be playing either of the teams with byes.

Probably not that big an advantage but thought it was interesting.
Yep, that’s how the NFL Playoffs work, you game plan 1 game ahead of the team you play that week.

What are your thoughts on Syracuse HCs again???...

I think the Broncos would take their last 5 years over Eli’s last 5 years.
Id take pretty much anything over 0 running game and consistent injuries/disappointment in my WR corps.

Eli’s one of the few QB’s id take right now in our offense over a healthy Tannehill.

The Pats basically did the opposite of the Packers. They traded away Aaron Rodgers to keep an aging Favre.

Yes it was weird seeing Montana on the Chiefs and Favre on the Jets/Vikings...but the Niners won a title with Young and the Packers won a title with Rodgers.

I don’t care what you eat and how you work out...40+ is 40+.

Reading the entire article it’s basically Belichick can’t take the owner saying the guy who has made his franchise worth billions being bullet proof make BB a big baby.

Belichick is 65. He isn’t going to stay long term either. Brady hasn’t slipped and Belichick wants to move oh.

This is not what I picked up from the article AT ALL.

I agree that Kraft is in a tough position. You can’t just let Brady walk or trade him after what he’s done for the franchise. But he’s 40 and BB had drafted potentially and almost assuredly at this point the next great QB. Has to be tough on Belichick to be forced into that trade. He is undoubtedly the man who deserves the most credit for the Pats success.

All the TB12 stuff is just weird to me. Especially the blackballing of Garrapalo. Makes Brady look very very small.

I agree that Kraft is in a tough position. You can’t just let Brady walk or trade him. But he’s 40 and BB had drafted potentially and almost assuredly at this point the next great QB.
Jimmy G is good but we have no clue how good he is.
Is he David Carr or Aaron Rodgers?
Carr is good and good enough to win a SB but isn’t transcendent .
I don’t think Jimmy G is known how good he truly is.
Kraft should have more loyalty to Brady than Garrapolo.
Patriots dynasty was going to come to end eventually.

Garrapolo was a 2nd round pick 64th overall pick after every team passes on him twice.
Belichick comes off like he is pissed because Kraft said you aren’t snaking Brady.

The Pats basically did the opposite of the Packers. They traded away Aaron Rodgers to keep an aging Favre.

Yes it was weird seeing Montana on the Chiefs and Favre on the Jets/Vikings...but the Niners won a title with Young and the Packers won a title with Rodgers.

I don’t care what you eat and how you work out...40+ is 40+.
Brady is 40 and was the 2nd best Qb this year. Carson Wentz.

The guy isn’t in a middle tier QB right now. He is still elite.
Favre was middle of the road when he was moved on from.
The Patriots aren’t 13-3 without Brady.
Kraft is backing the guy who has made him millions. Belichick is 65 and isn’t there long term either.

No problem with this decision. Jimmy G is good but Brady isn’t injured like Peyton which is why he went down.

Kraft is backing the guy who has made him millions. Belichick is 65 and isn’t there long term either.

No problem with this decision. Jimmy G is good but Brady isn’t injured like Peyton which is why he went down.

Favre was one of the best QBs in the league when he was 40. He was one of the worst when he was 41. It usually goes quick when athletes are that old.

Tough situation, no question. But if Brady hits the normal athlete steep decline in the next year or two...while the solution is lighting it up for the 49ers...

I agree that Brady is still elite. But so was Peyton, until he wasn’t.

As a Bills fan... I was extremely happy when JG was traded away. Your point is true, that JG is still an unknown but if the greatest coach of all time thinks he’s the next big thing - then he probably is.

As I know all too well. Good QB’s do not just grow on trees. I’m praying that the Patriots finally making a decision based on emotion will come back and bite them on the as$.

I agree that Kraft is in a tough position. You can’t just let Brady walk or trade him after what he’s done for the franchise. But he’s 40 and BB had drafted potentially and almost assuredly at this point the next great QB. Has to be tough on Belichick to be forced into that trade. He is undoubtedly the man who deserves the most credit for the Pats success.

All the TB12 stuff is just weird to me. Especially the blackballing of Garrapalo. Makes Brady look very very small.

Reading the article I actually empathisized with Brady, BB, and Kraft to a point ...until I got to the part about TB12 not letting Jimmy G in. What?!! LOL. If true, that’s pretty ridiculous.

I agree that Brady is still elite. But so was Peyton, until he wasn’t.

As a Bills fan... I was extremely happy when JG was traded away. Your point is true, that JG is still an unknown but if the greatest coach of all time thinks he’s the next big thing - then he probably is.

As I know all too well. Good QB’s do not just grow on trees. I’m praying that the Patriots finally making a decision based on emotion will come back and bite them on the as$.
Peyton had neck surgery. His arm wasn’t the same after that surgery.
Those Denver teams weren’t throwing deep balls they had surgical precision.
Brady doesn’t have the neck problem.
If Peyton didn’t have the arm problem due to his neck and nerves he would still be playing.

Favre had a good year in 2007 but
2005 Favre had 20 TDs 29 INT
2006 Favre had 18 TDs 18 INT.

Favre wasn’t elite anymore. He had a swan song.
Brady has been runner up for the MVP the last 2 years and is going to win it this year.

Reading the article I actually empathisized with Brady, BB, and Kraft to a point ...until I got to the part about TB12 not letting Jimmy G in. What?!! LOL. If true, that’s pretty ridiculous.
How could Brady blackball Jimmy G?
The story doesn’t offer any evidence of this.

How could Brady blackball Jimmy G?
The story doesn’t offer any evidence of this.

??? Why didn’t they treat him for two weeks?

* We have zero idea if that’s actually true. That was by far the most crazy thing in the article though. Everything else seemed fairly sensible from all sides, I thought.

??? Why didn’t they treat him for two weeks?

* We have zero idea if that’s actually true. That was by far the most crazy thing in the article though. Everything else seemed fairly sensible from all sides, I thought.
If Brady didn’t want Alex Guerrero his personal guy to work with Jimmy G is the only thing I can think of and I am fine if Brady said don’t work with him.

I am sure Brady said to Kraft I want to continue playing. Kraft saying Brady has done all this for me I am backing him. This stuff probably pissed Belichick off. Belichick IMO has to eat this one mendling as Brady hasn’t slipped that much.

If Brady didn’t want Alex Guerrero his personal guy to work with Jimmy G is the only thing I can think of and I am fine if Brady said don’t work with him.

I am sure Brady said to Kraft I want to continue playing. Kraft saying Brady has done all this for me I am backing him. This stuff probably pissed Belichick off. Belichick IMO has to eat this one mendling as Brady hasn’t slipped that much.

So Brady is fine with every other Patriot working with Guerrero except JG??? That’s pretty messed up.

Lol, why? It’s one thing to not go out of your way to work with a teammate on his footwork or something...let the coaches do that? Fine. It’s a whole other thing to not let the trainer that you’re pushing on everybody else help the guy get healthy. If true, that’s way too petty and crazy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.