NFL Thread | Page 247 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're busting on someone for asserting speculation and inference as fact?

Oy.
The ki$$ Doug Marrone a$$ thread on the FB board.
This is the ki$$ Bill Belichick a$$ thread.
He is yanking my chains I know. We go back and forth.
I never claim my opinion is better than anyone’s else’s. His post is about busting my chops. He doesn’t really think Belichick is coaching the Giants next year.

BB comes off as the hero there, it was likely leaked by him.

I believe it.
Yep

"But Belichick also has taken a longer view, as though he sees pieces of his impact leaguewide. He's preparing assistant coaches for job interviews elsewhere, which he didn't always do in years past. He has taken pride in Garoppolo's 5-0 record in San Francisco -- and in the fact that Kraft has confessed to people in the building that trading Garoppolo might have been a mistake. He reset a toxic relationship with the Colts with the Brissett trade. He has even become good friends with Goodell. The two men had a long and private meeting, which two sources told ESPN occurred during the off week after the regular season, when the commissioner visited Foxborough."

Oh my Lord what a HIT PIECE! How could ESPN say such terrible things about a person?!

BB comes off as the hero there, it was likely leaked by him.

I believe it.

And yes Alsacs, I don’t believe he will be the patsies HC next year, nor do I believe either 1 of his top lieutenants will either.

I also believe he had smart wording in his contract, there will be an office where I can drop off donuts each morning for him...

You'll eat all the donuts before you get there.

Did you actually read it? It's actually very well-written and interesting. It's not a "hit piece" at all. Unless you're a Patriot homer or Brady fanboy.

I read it before coming to this thread. Don't act like an article titled 'Patriots on the brink' right before the NFL playoffs start isn't meant to be a hit piece.

There is absolutely nothing surprising or interesting in that article that would require it to be on the front page of ESPN with that clickbait headline.

The owner of an NFL team made a decision to keep the greatest QB of all time over an up-and-comer? Big deal. Everyone knew that happened months ago.

Brady has a quirky trainer and wants to play until he's in his mid-40's? That's not news it's been a known fact for a while.

Belichick asked Brady 'Why do younger player's feel pressure to go to your trainer?' and Brady said 'I don't know.' How is that frontpage journalism?

A player was worried about a deep tissue massage not helping his recovery? Okay, does that mean the team is on the brink?

Belichick is over controlling? That's nothing new. He called Tom out for bad games? Sounds like something he would do. A star player and HOF coach's egos clash? It's a tale as old as time.

Yet still there's a sensationalized headline and leading picture sitting on the world's biggest sports website for the entire day about it.

You probably could write a similar story about any big team in the NFL and make it sound like they are on the edge of collapse. But the Pats are 13-3 and once again the favorites to with the Super Bowl, so it's obviously not hurting them too much.

In my opinion, ESPN green lit the article that put down the Patriots because it would get clicks. There's nothing new or shocking in it, if you ask me and I believe it was sensationalizing a lockerroom that anyone who remotely follows the sport knows must be extremely intense.

So yes, I believe it was meant to be a hit piece. If you can point out how this is a well written article or how it shines new light on a situation ready to collapse, I'd love it, but I just don't see the information in it as that big of a deal and I don't know why ESPN thinks it's that important to highlight.

And I'm a Giants fan saying this -- one who believes that Eli is a HOF QB if you got back a few dozen pages...

Interesting thing about the way the next round of playoffs is structured. The 3 and 6 seeds already know who they will be playing if they win and can focus their next game prep. The teams with byes each have three potential opponents and the 4 and 5 seeds could be playing either of the teams with byes.

Probably not that big an advantage but thought it was interesting.
The 3 and 6 teams have no advantage. They have to play a rough game this week against a team that they prepared for 100%

If Brady didn’t want Alex Guerrero his personal guy to work with Jimmy G is the only thing I can think of and I am fine if Brady said don’t work with him.

I am sure Brady said to Kraft I want to continue playing. Kraft saying Brady has done all this for me I am backing him. This stuff probably pissed Belichick off. Belichick IMO has to eat this one mendling as Brady hasn’t slipped that much.
if Brady did block Jimmy G from working with AG, he is a being jerk that I thought he was.

if Brady did block Jimmy G from working with AG, he is a being jerk that I thought he was.
Turns out Wickersham got that wrong as well.
Jimmy G wasn’t locked out.

Brady also thinks drinking water will protect your skin from sunburns and skin cancer.

Based upon this, one can only be led to the conclusion that people named Tom are more susceptible to joining crazy cults.

I read it before coming to this thread. Don't act like an article titled 'Patriots on the brink' right before the NFL playoffs start isn't meant to be a hit piece.

There is absolutely nothing surprising or interesting in that article that would require it to be on the front page of ESPN with that clickbait headline.

The owner of an NFL team made a decision to keep the greatest QB of all time over an up-and-comer? Big deal. Everyone knew that happened months ago.

Brady has a quirky trainer and wants to play until he's in his mid-40's? That's not news it's been a known fact for a while.

Belichick asked Brady 'Why do younger player's feel pressure to go to your trainer?' and Brady said 'I don't know.' How is that frontpage journalism?

A player was worried about a deep tissue massage not helping his recovery? Okay, does that mean the team is on the brink?

Belichick is over controlling? That's nothing new. He called Tom out for bad games? Sounds like something he would do. A star player and HOF coach's egos clash? It's a tale as old as time.

Yet still there's a sensationalized headline and leading picture sitting on the world's biggest sports website for the entire day about it.

You probably could write a similar story about any big team in the NFL and make it sound like they are on the edge of collapse. But the Pats are 13-3 and once again the favorites to with the Super Bowl, so it's obviously not hurting them too much.

In my opinion, ESPN green lit the article that put down the Patriots because it would get clicks. There's nothing new or shocking in it, if you ask me and I believe it was sensationalizing a lockerroom that anyone who remotely follows the sport knows must be extremely intense.

So yes, I believe it was meant to be a hit piece. If you can point out how this is a well written article or how it shines new light on a situation ready to collapse, I'd love it, but I just don't see the information in it as that big of a deal and I don't know why ESPN thinks it's that important to highlight.

And I'm a Giants fan saying this -- one who believes that Eli is a HOF QB if you got back a few dozen pages...
For not being a Pats fan you sure are emotional about it.

For not being a Pats fan you sure are emotional about it.

Not really emotional at all. You dismissed what I said by asking if I even read the article and calling me a fanboy. I laid out points on how it's garbage journalism.

You're so invested in hating a sports team that you read a can't read a different opinion on a poorly written article without calling someone a 'fanboy'.

Not really emotional at all. You dismissed what I said by asking if I even read the article and calling me a fanboy. I laid out points on how it's garbage journalism.

You're so invested in hating a sports team that you read a can't read a different opinion on a poorly written article without calling someone a 'fanboy'.

All of the stuff about the looks on people’s faces, and the “feeling in the building” was a bit much, no question.

Most of the rest of the stuff was probably about things that Patriots fans already knew. But I’m sure there’s a ton of NFL fans who only knew a few things(Brady-Belichick tension, Brady wanting to play until mid 40’s).

If you wade through/ignore the looks on faces stuff, I didn’t think it was all that bad as a “hit piece”. Only guy who really looks bad is Guerrero, and maybe Brady a bit if the don’t let Jimmy G in implication is true(THAT could be the hit piece part if it’s not accurate).

I stand by my statement that anyone who reads that article and think it's a "hit piece" is a Patriots homer/fanboy. Feel even more strongly about it than before.

For those who can't understand the difference between a report about three proud men who inevitably fell victim to their success and a "hit piece," I give you Manish Mehta...

All of the stuff about the looks on people’s faces, and the “feeling in the building” was a bit much, no question.

Most of the rest of the stuff was probably about things that Patriots fans already knew. But I’m sure there’s a ton of NFL fans who only knew a few things(Brady-Belichick tension, Brady wanting to play until mid 40’s).

If you wade through/ignore the looks on faces stuff, I didn’t think it was all that bad as a “hit piece”. Only guy who really looks bad is Guerrero, and maybe Brady a bit if the don’t let Jimmy G in implication is true(THAT could be the hit piece part if it’s not accurate).
The piece originally was going to say Brady threw his weight at Kraft and demanded Jimmy G be traded that was scrubbed after last night the story was leaked to a New England media critic Bruce Allen.

The piece as many have said was a hit piece on Brady. Belichick didn’t come off bad at all. New England fans are already saying the main sources of the article were the trainers of the Patriots who are pissed at Guerrero and Mike Lombardi of the Ringer who is loyal to Belichick.

The piece originally was going to say Brady threw his weight at Kraft and demanded Jimmy G be traded that was scrubbed after last night the story was leaked to a New England media critic Bruce Allen.

The piece as many have said was a hit piece on Brady. Belichick didn’t come off bad at all. New England fans are already saying the main sources of the article were the trainers of the Patriots who are pissed at Guerrero and Mike Lombardi of the Ringer who is loyal to Belichick.
And Lombardi says he will take a lie detector that he wasn't the source. Lombardi claims that was from David Portnoy. I wouldn't believe David if he told me the sky was blue.

And Lombardi says he will take a lie detector that he wasn't the source. Lombardi claims that was from David Portnoy. I wouldn't believe David if he told me the sky was blue.
Lie detector tests are meaningless.
There is a trail that shows Lombardi is a fan of Wickersham’s work.
Lombardi is a source IMO I didn’t know about Portnoy but it makes sense with a couple of the quotes sounding like Lombardi.

FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, PEOPLE...BELICHICK IS THE SOURCE!!!!

Do I have to hold everyone's hand????

Patriots will hire Tom Coughlin to replace him.
Then it’s on.
My friend, we can hit each other here all day and confuse all the mouth breathers to no end for laughs, but let's not get crazy.

We both know what's going on here.

1. BB is not coaching the Pats in 2018
2. Neither are both coordinators
3. The pats will still win it all this year

I'm invoking my Board Rule #2...Where there's Smoke, there's fire...official or not, bill will have an office in East Rutherford next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.