NFL Thread | Page 257 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tries wayyyy too hard. I like Collinsworth and Aikman much more. They know just as much but don't overtry.
Collinsworth is an NFL stooge and protects the shield.
He used to be good.
Aikman is pretty good as well. Total pro.
I like Romo because he tells you what is going to happen as he sees it before the play.

Dude the Patriots got a couple of breaks but they are better than the Titans.
You give the team no credit at all.
So stupid.

They could give tenn all the calls they'd still get blasted.

Interesting stat. At the Linc this year against the first team defense, Philly's opponents mustered just five TDs on drives of 50+ yards. The notion that ATL was going to come into that building and have their way with the Birds was a joke. Next week it will be another dogfight just like tonight.

Interesting stat. At the Linc this year against the first team defense, Philly's opponents mustered just five TDs on drives of 50+ yards. The notion that ATL was going to come into that building and have their way with the Birds was a joke. Next week it will be another dogfight just like tonight.
Philly D dominated Atlanta. Their TD was a cheap 19 yard drive.
You guys need Minnesota next week.
It would be a grinding field position game.
I don’t think it would be against NO.

Last edited:
Philly D dominated Atlanta. Their TD was a cheap 19 yard drive.
You guys need Minnesota next week.
It would be a grinding field position game.
I don’t think it wouybe against NO.

I agree with that. I prefer the Vikes. Great defense but their O will struggle to move the ball. Saints not as good on D but a Philly W against them will require a lot out of Foles. He played well today but Brees is obviously the far better QB.

Boring games.

I went to the first game. Boring is not the word that comes to mind. That said I wish the NFL weren't interested in five minute commercial breaks. No fun freezing your tail off plus really disrupts the flow of the game.

I actually think the Jax D would be more of threat if they beat Pitt.

Pitt-NE would be a shootout but I think Brady-Ben is lean NE.

Jax D could go 2015 Denver on Brady.

Death, taxes, LeBron in NBA Finals and Patriots in AFC title Game.

Ian Eagle and Fouts will show us how professionals call a game today.

Romo is good, he just tries way too hard and won’t shut up.

Listen how understated but good this call is.

I’ts the greatest play in the history of the biggest game, but it’s not a ‘Gus Johnson’ call...which is Romo’s schtick right now. Aikman’s pause then a...oh my God’ is perfect.

Please let the Jags beat Pittsburgh so we get the comedy of the Bills fans rooting for Marrone against the Patriots.

Jags are gonna get smoked today

Ya notice how the only ppl that don’t like Romo are fans of teams in the NFC East not called the Cowboys.

(The results are the same outside of this boards. 2 of my good friends are Giants fans, 1 an Eagles fan. Can’t stand him.)

Romo is providing unique insight on every play and he’s always having fun. Plus he’s the only announcer that calls out Tyrod for missing WIDE OPEN receivers, but does it in a classy way. He also calls out the refs for blowing calls.Also loved his “What are they doing?!” On the Titans 4th and 1 run. Cuz any semi-knowledgeable football fan was saying the same thing out loud as it was happening.

He’s great. Best in the booth in a long long time.

Last edited:
Ian Eagle and Fouts will show us how professionals call a game today.

Romo is good, he just tries way too hard and won’t shut up.

Listen how understated but good this call is.

I’ts the greatest play in the history of the biggest game, but it’s not a ‘Gus Johnson’ call...which is Romo’s schtick right now. Aikman’s pause then a...oh my God’ is perfect.

Ya notice how the only ppl that don’t like Romo are fans of teams in the NFC East not called the Cowboys.

(The results are the same outside of this boards. 2 of my good friends are Giants fans, 1 an Eagles fan. Can’t stand him.)

Romo is providing unique insight on every play and he’s always having fun. Plus he’s the only announcer that calls out Tyrod for missing WIDE OPEN receivers, but does it in a classy way. He also calls out the refs for blowing calls.Also loved his “What are they doing?!” On the Titans 4th and 1 run. Cuz any semi-knowledgeable football fan was saying the same thing out loud as it was happening.

Not true. But generally, I agree with both of you. I was surprised at how good Romo was when I first heard him call a game. Became a big fan (which I also find surprising :) ). But as I listen to more of him, I agree with Kaiser that Romo could do more with less - sometimes he just goes on and on, making the same point over and over again. Doesn't mean he's not good, but nobody's perfect.
upload_2018-1-14_9-57-10.gif

Check out the OP on this thread on the Bills most active message board. Orangeman may be right. We’re all sheep while the cheating NFL hides things in plain sight.

Ron Torbert the head ref in the Titans vs Pats game
There were 2 bad calls last night.
The OPI and the neutral zone infraction.
Torbert didn’t call either of them.
The white cap is responsible for the plays around the QB.
What calls around the QB did Torbert favor the Pats with.
The rest of the crew wasn’t Torbert’s regular crew it was an all star crew from other crews.
But yeah the NFL conspired to help NE beat 9-7 Tennessee.
According to Orangeman the Patriots did nothing. They didn’t make 8 sacks. They didn’t make plays on offense the refs did it all.
Note I am not saying this about you.

Not true. But generally, I agree with both of you. I was surprised at how good Romo was when I first heard him call a game. Became a big fan (which I also find surprising :) ). But as I listen to more of him, I agree with Kaiser that Romo could do more with less - sometimes he just goes on and on, making the same point over and over again. Doesn't mean he's not good, but nobody's perfect. View attachment 119597
After years of Phil Simms never having an opinion and always saying we talked about 20 times a game we AFC fans will take over talking Romo who has a lot of energy.

Hate the Cowboys. Love Romo. So much better than Romo and Collinsworth.

If the Saints win today they are winning the Super Bowl.

Hate the Cowboys. Love Romo. So much better than Romo and Collinsworth.

If the Saints win today they are winning the Super Bowl.
Vegas has their point spreads for next week.
Minnesota would be -4.5 over Philadelphia.
New Orleans would be -2.5 over Philadelphia.
I think that should be reversed but Vegas thinks Minnesota D is best unit in NFL.

There were 2 bad calls last night.
The OPI and the neutral zone infraction.
Torbert didn’t call either of them.
The white cap is responsible for the plays around the QB.
What calls around the QB did Torbert favor the Pats with.
The rest of the crew wasn’t Torbert’s regular crew it was an all star crew from other crews.
But yeah the NFL conspired to help NE beat 9-7 Tennessee.
According to Orangeman the Patriots did nothing. They didn’t make 8 sacks. They didn’t make plays on offense the refs did it all.
Note I am not saying this about you.

The bottom line is that the guy shouldn’t ever officiate a Patriots game.

Hell I don’t want him officiating a random Bills game. Just like you wouldn’t want me reffing a Bills game or a random Pats game.

The bottom line is that the guy shouldn’t ever officiate a Patriots game.

Hell I don’t want him officiating a random Bills game. Just like you wouldn’t want me reffing a Bills game or a random Pats game.
I get your point but Orangeman takes it too far.
I have shown him bad calls against the Pats and he ignores them.
This call cost the Patriots a SB appearance as Denver got HFA because of it.

So while I get your point overall the Pats have been jobbed as well. I do concede is far less but it happens.

I think Romo is good in many ways but the aspects of his approach that I don't like have nothing to do with my being an Eagle fan. We owned him for most of his career anyway so no hard feelings here. Some times he just strangles the game. There are times when you have to let the game breathe. He doesn't because he tries soooo hard to show what he knows. It's very apparent he knows a ton - relax Tony and let the game come to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.