NFL Thread | Page 258 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After years of Phil Simms never having an opinion and always saying we talked about 20 times a game we AFC fans will take over talking Romo who has a lot of energy.

Phil Simms is a solid dude, knows a lot about the game but is not a polished broadcaster.

Hate the Cowboys. Love Romo. So much better than Romo and Collinsworth.

If the Saints win today they are winning the Super Bowl.

Another one that thinks his squad will casually walk into Philly and get a W. smh

Gotta think the NFL is going to make a call shortly to make sure these refs know that the AFC Championship Game is not supposed to include the worst football market in the league.

Phil Simms is a solid dude, knows a lot about the game but is not a polished broadcaster.
It wasn’t Simms was unlikable.
From all his broadcasts I didn’t dislike the guy personally. I just didn’t like how he never had an
Opinion and every decision was the proper one. Every penalty was the correct call.
He never disagreed and always said we talked about like the audience was in production meetings.
Romo tells you the Patriots are going to run left because Tennessee only has 3 defenders on that side.
He tells you he didn’t like the Decker OPI.
He is good.

longislandcuse NateW
What the hell did the Bills do to slow down this Jags team?
My god they look good is it a matchup thing? Or the Bills really good.

There's nothing new about how they are playing. This was most of their games. They were top 10 in yds, pts, yds allowed, pts allowed for a reason.

longislandcuse NateW

Bills secondary is extremely talented and McDermott’s scheme is subtlety confusing to QB’s. Even Brady had periods of being fooled in both matchups this season.

With that talent in the secondary we sold out on the run against Jax. It covered up some of our flaws in the front 7.

Bills D yard statistics were skewed by 3 horrific efforts during our losing streak.

Well for starters, somebody better tell the Steelers D line there's a game today

I think Romo is good in many ways but the aspects of his approach that I don't like have nothing to do with my being an Eagle fan. We owned him for most of his career anyway so no hard feelings here. Some times he just strangles the game. There are times when you have to let the game breathe. He doesn't because he tries soooo hard to show what he knows. It's very apparent he knows a ton - relax Tony and let the game come to you.

I was a reluctant Romo fan who never went full Aikman on Tony as a Cowboys fan.

I like him in the booth.

You’re wrong to say the Iggles owned Romo for most of his career when he had a 12-8 record against the Birds (including one of his two career playoff wins in 2009).

I never liked Simms in the booth because his Gomer Pyle accent and dead horse beating repetitive drivel.

Respected Simms as a player but he was a moron in the booth.

Bills secondary is extremely talented and McDermott’s scheme is subtlety confusing to QB’s. Even Brady had periods of being fooled in both matchups this season.

With that talent in the secondary we sold out on the run against Jax. It covered up some of our flaws in the front 7.

Bills D yard statistics were skewed by 3 horrific efforts during our losing streak.
Spot on. Our secondary, with a healthy EJ Gaines, has one of the best Safety duos and Defensive Back duos in the NFL. That allowed us to stack the box against the Jags.

If we can revamp the Front 7 in the offseason and resign Gaines/Let him walk and bring in another quality DB - Our defense could be filthy.

No idea what happened in that 3 game stretch where every opponents play went for 15 yards...

longislandcuse NateW
Bills are definitely not really good haha. If we had any semblance of a QB who could read defenses and make throws, we would've beat the Jags.

Our defense was really good all year save a random 3 game skid and two halves of two Pats games. McDermott/Frazier have an elite secondary but straight trash in the Front 7 so that right there shows how important coaching is. Finally made me understand how the Pats defense can always be solid when needed with a bunch of wildly mediocre players and 1 or 2 studs. Scheme and coaching.

Good analysis and your right White and Hyde were terrific safeties.
Bills in the past had the dominant DL and weren’t as strong on the back 4.
You guys have talent just need a QB to build around and then are dangerous. QBs make skill position players better.

I was a reluctant Romo fan who never went full Aikman on Tony as a Cowboys fan.

I like him in the booth.

You’re wrong to say the Iggles owned Romo for most of his career when he had a 12-8 record against the Birds (including one of his two career playoff wins in 2009).

I never liked Simms in the booth because his Gomer Pyle accent and dead horse beating repetitive drivel.

Respected Simms as a player but he was a moron in the booth.

You're counting some wins where Romo was the backup and didn't play but yeah the overall record is slightly better than .500. That's better than I would have thought. His stats not all that great though 21/15 and sacked 37 times. QBR of 87. But beyond that I don't dislike the guy at all. Seems like a good guy.

You're counting some wins where Romo was the backup and didn't play but yeah the overall record is slightly better than .500. That's better than I would have thought. His stats not all that great though 21/15 and sacked 37 times. QBR of 87. But beyond that I don't dislike the guy at all. Seems like a good guy.

I assumed his record was for games started so that may be skewed.

I’m sure at least one of his losses to the Iggs was due to injury (i.e. knocked out of game with 2015 broken collarbone).

I think I might rather play Pittsburgh than Jacksonville just because their D is nasty.
Not afraid of the Jax O one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.