NFL Thread | Page 273 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little history, Jacksonville sent both Jim Kelly and Dan Marino into retirement.
Jax doesn’t even have to do that, just Giants/Montana him.

Joe was hit so hard, he didn’t play for 2 years...and when he woke up and checked where he was, it was Kansas City.

I am concerned with the jax d line. Seems like Brady was side line throwing, yesterday. Dink/dunk may be in order to counter the rush/secondary and hand.

Feeling a little better about the pats chances.

I am concerned with the jax d line. Seems like Brady was side line throwing, yesterday. Dink/dunk may be in order to counter the rush/secondary and hand.

Crowd noise advantage is huge.
At Gillette the OL will be able to communicate.
At Denver which has one of the loudest crowds they couldn’t audible or communicate well.
Jacksonville will get some pressure but the HFA is a huge benefit.
Also I will be interested to see if Brady can be under Center. He may have to be shotgun to reduce a chance to hurt the thumb.
I also heard they may superglue the cut tonight so it won’t bust open during the game.

If they win the 2 weeks off should be enough time for the cut to heal better.

Nobody knows what he did at practice outside of Fort Belichick, and we all know McDaniels game plans for each opponent anyway, unlike fluckin McAdoo who gave the same damn look for 4 years and then tried it without an OL, RBs and WRs, but I digress...Jax’s D will be ready.

Problem is, tommyboy will have his A game tomorrow as stitches are a better outcome than a bruise or jam.

Here’s hoping there’s more to it...

Looking forward to what I hope are two good games today. No allegiance to any team , just hoping for some good football !

With temperatures in the high 40s and low 50s Brady is going to wear a glove with the ends cut off to protect the cut knuckle. There are stitches on the knuckle. If they win today by the SB they would be gone.

If it gets colder he will wear a non-cut off glove.
Today is the 7th annual Patriots Opening Day matchup.
I wonder how much pregame coverage will be on the Coughlin factor.

Last edited:
Stick to Cataldi...
DUEw2ttU0AASa0f.jpg

Brady hand in warmups.

DUEw2ttU0AASa0f.jpg

Brady hand in warmups.
Exactly.

Nothing to see folks!!!

The NFL thanks Mr Brady for making this week interesting and likely helping the ratings later today.

Go Jags

Nothing but upside for a very young team in year one.

Bortles has been very good with when the pocket is clean, and Branch is inactive. That can't hurt.

Go Jags

Nothing but upside for a very young team in year one.

Bortles has been very good with when the pocket is clean, and Branch is inactive. That can't hurt.
Branch is a healthy scratch because he has been in Belichick’s doghouse and Ricky Jean Francois passed him on the depth chart.

This game is on Bortles. No turnovers your boy Marrone could be in the SB.

Jags have a lot of speed.
Pats are going to throw a lot to tire out the pass rush.

The Jags WRs are going to have to make some hard catches. Bortles isn't great, but if the ball hits your hands in this game, you got to make the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.