NFL Thread | Page 271 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think Jax isn't getting quite enough respect. That, and I'm a sucker for a great D/run game(Huge fan of Dungys Bucs)
They certainly have my respect after Sunday!

Injury report:

Tom Brady. Did not practice.

Ruh roh

Brian Hoyer Cleveland record. 10-6. Cleveland without Hoyer, 4-48

Injury report:

Ruh roh

He did some work but they didn’t think it warranted being called “limited” so they called it DNP. I have no inside scoop but I’d be shocked if Brady missed Sunday.

Injury report:

Ruh roh

Again I said yesterday what happened from somebody I trust.
Dion Lewis banged his helmet on the handoff exchange.
Brady has a jammed thumb. He will be affected by this.
If the Patriots lose it will be because Jacksonville will have outplayed them and earned it.
No excuse even if Brady is affected by this which he will.

This game is more of a tossup than I previously thought. Guess I'll have to hope Fournette's ankle, and Brady's hand balance it out...but Brady's is bigger.

Fender bender for Fournette, this week.

Am I the only 1 who remembers 42 & 46??

TC will have marrone attack the patsies the 1 tried and true method to beat them...punch Brady repeatedly in the mouth...and take what u can on O.

The difference is, jags gonna need a lead in last 2 minutes because I doubt Bortles has Eli’s stones and ability to get it done then.

TC will have marrone attack the patsies the 1 tried and true method to beat them...punch Brady repeatedly in the mouth...and take what u can on O.

The difference is, jags gonna need a lead in last 2 minutes because I doubt Bortles has Eli’s stones and ability to get it done then.
42 was all Justin Tuck.
46 the Patriots weren’t shut down like 42.
46 the Patriots made mistakes they never do. 12 men on the field gave the Giants a first down they got 7 instead of 3 and Nikovich had a stupid offsides on a 3rd down they stopped the Giants in the 4th and Welker drop.
46 and 42 were nothing alike except give Eli his credit for 4th Q TDs.

42 the Giants destoryed the Pats OL.
46 the Giants outpatrioted the Patriots by having them beat themselves.

Jags won’t get the Pats to beat themselves in non turnover manner.
Also it’s bologna sandwich across and not TC.

42 was all Justin Tuck.
46 the Patriots weren’t shut down like 42.
46 the Patriots made mistakes they never do. 12 men on the field gave the Giants a first down they got 7 instead of 3 and Nikovich had a stupid offsides on a 3rd down they stopped the Giants in the 4th and Welker drop.
46 and 42 were nothing alike except give Eli his credit for 4th Q TDs.

42 the Giants destoryed the Pats OL.
46 the Giants outpatrioted the Patriots by having them beat themselves.

Jags won’t get the Pats to beat themselves in non turnover manner.
Also it’s bologna sandwich across and not TC.
He was under fire often, lot of pressure, 1 of which netted us 2pts on a safety.

Tuck got him 2x again too.

Jags D will be coming for him...

I agree with this with one quibble. I don't think the Jags can get behind by more than 3 at any point in this game (maybe 7). I think they need to jump out and get the first score and hang on for dear life.

I agree with this with one quibble. I don't think the Jags can get behind by more than 3 at any point in this game (maybe 7). I think they need to jump out and get the first score and hang on for dear life.
Agree. Kinda like Jags-Pitt.

Pats RT Waddle DNP in practice(Knee)...I do think the jags Dline, may be able to do what the Giants did, or what the Broncos did(AFC championship)

Betting line has gone from Pats +9 to +7.5

Although, they are not quite Patsies. Belichick is 27-10 in the postseason. 7 more post season wins than, next best, Landry. Belichick's 37 appearances are ridiculous. Buffalo won 36 games from 2005-2010. Jax won 37 from 2009-2016.

Last edited:
You guys are falling for more BB Jedi mind tricks. Brady's hand! OMG -BRADY'S HAND!!! (Side note - the coverage of this here in the Boston area is sickening, really).

If anyone here (besides the Dougie cult) thinks the Pats are losing at home in the AFCCG to a team with Blake Bortles at QB (read that again, if you have to), you should turn in your fan card and take up knitting.

You guys are falling for more BB Jedi mind tricks. Brady's hand! OMG -BRADY'S HAND!!! (Side note - the coverage of this here in the Boston area is sickening, really).

If anyone here (besides the Dougie cult) thinks the Pats are losing at home in the AFCCG to a team with Blake Bortles at QB (read that again, if you have to), you should turn in your fan card and take up knitting.
Dan Shaughnessy won’t let Patriots fans enjoy anything.
Local Boston coverage is all about pissing local fans off.
Kaiser would love the Boston media.

Nothing wrong with Brady's hand. All deception! Collusion with the Russian mob......Goodell to investigate ....not. Kraft still wants his ring back from Putin.

Just classic NFL Soap Opera mgmt here.

The narrative has been all against New England, because of the obvious long-term favoratism that is now becoming apparent to the masses (I have a view that the NE point spreads blowing out wide is bad for the NFL's strategy, because looney toons Bills fans realizing this is one thing...legions of gamblers now taking the other side cause the spread is 13 is completely another).

Anyway, realizing the narrative is so anti-New England but they need them in the Super Bowl over Jacksonville for the Network Execs, etc, they are spinning this hero saga to both make this weekend's game more compelling but also allow their shenanigans to unfold with a more sympathetic viewing public.

Very obvious to me. The latest rumor is Brady had emergency hand surgery last night and the spreads are crashing etc etc. Nonsense

Not turning in my fan card, for respecting the other team. I think Jax matches up very well with the Pats, is all. On paper, it should be a good game.

Most folks think Minn beats Phi?

U know what would help a hurt band throw??

A deflated football.

I want the pressure checked before every snap.

I don’t care if the game takes 6hours.

Don’t let that cheat, cheat.

A deflated football.

Kinda silly. Physics department chairs from 26 Universities, across the country, submitted paperwork to the supreme Court stating that the psi was exactly in line with the ideal gas law. Some of us believe in 8th grade physics.

A deflated football.

51 degrees and sunny on Sunday.
That is way more helpful. It’s not going to be cold and windy.

Kinda silly. Physics department chairs from 26 Universities, across the country, submitted paperwork to the supreme Court stating that the psi was exactly in line with the ideal gas law. Some of us believe in 8th grade physics.
If you watch this and don’t concede the whole thing was a Spygate makeup you don’t care about the truth.
Science explains the whole thing.

It doesn't matter what mind games BB and TB try to play, the Jag defense is still going to go all medieval on them.

The narrative has been all against New England, because of the obvious long-term favoratism that is now becoming apparent to the masses (I have a view that the NE point spreads blowing out wide is bad for the NFL's strategy, because looney toons Bills fans realizing this is one thing...legions of gamblers now taking the other side cause the spread is 13 is completely another).

Anyway, realizing the narrative is so anti-New England but they need them in the Super Bowl over Jacksonville for the Network Execs, etc, they are spinning this hero saga to both make this weekend's game more compelling but also allow their shenanigans to unfold with a more sympathetic viewing public.

Very obvious to me. The latest rumor is Brady had emergency hand surgery last night and the spreads are crashing etc etc. Nonsense
Nobody is saying he had surgery.
Cause he didn’t.
The NFL is monitoring this whole thing. As he has avoided press conferences by not practicing.
He didn’t break anything. He has a splint on because he has an injured thumb.

Don't disagree, but then why was the guy nicknamed the Deflator?

(no, I don't want to re-debate this whole thing)

Don't disagree, but then why was the guy nicknamed the Deflator?

(no, I don't want to re-debate this whole thing)
You know the NFL had the 2 employees and all Patriots employees phones correct?
You also know the NFL lied to Chris
Mortinsen giving him false information they leaked and was wrong and knew it was wrong and didn’t correct the false information which created a narrative of guilt that the NFL knew was false.
But yeah it was a fair independent investigation.

Good lord. So thi giant entity is nothing more than Pro Wrestling?

You and bees should start a conspiracy club

Status
Not open for further replies.