NFL Thread | Page 306 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick didn't make that deal with rebuilding through the draft in mind. He's a short-timer now. I think Alsacs has nailed it--OBJ to the Pats while the Jints get the pieces for a comprehensive rebuild. Wouldn't be shocked if that deal is already in place.

Trey Burton career stats
63 receptions, 629 yards 6 TDs.
61 career games 4 seasons.

He is making more money than Gronk next year. He is a bum in Gronk’s eyes.

I thought YOU said he was a bum. If GRONK said it then that's a different story. I am pretty confident Burton will be a very productive TE for the Bears. I'm sorry to see him go. I don't think he's that far off from Ertz.

Can OBJ play defense?
No but Donta Hightower, Vincent Valentine, Derek Rivers all return from IR.

Pats brought in help for the pass rush.
They will likely draft a linebacker as well, and OL.

They have the ammo to add OBJ if that is what Belichick wants to do.

I thought YOU said he was a bum. If GRONK said it then that's a different story. I am pretty confident Burton will be a very productive TE for the Bears. I'm sorry to see him go. I don't think he's that far off from Ertz.
My point was Gronk sees Burton getting more money than him and thinking he is bum compared to him.

Gronk is causing a lot of drama this offseason because he wants more money.

No but Donta Hightower, Vincent Valentine, Derek Rivers all return from IR.

Pats brought in help for the pass rush.
They will likely draft a linebacker as well, and OL.

They have the ammo to add OBJ if that is what Belichick wants to do.

But isn't he a rental like Cooks in that they both have their contracts due after this year?

But isn't he a rental like Cooks in that they both have their contracts due after this year?

Yes, but OBJ is also a much better player so they might view him as worthy of signing long-term. I'm really curious to see what they end up doing; I know people are already pushing the idea of New England trading up for a QB, and I suppose it's a possibility, but I imagine that would annoy Brady if they have all these draft picks and end up using all of them to get his replacement rather than filling in holes on the roster.

Yes, but OBJ is also a much better player so they might view him as worthy of signing long-term. I'm really curious to see what they end up doing; I know people are already pushing the idea of New England trading up for a QB, and I suppose it's a possibility, but I imagine that would annoy Brady if they have all these draft picks and end up using all of them to get his replacement rather than filling in holes on the roster.
If a QB like Mayfield drops to 8-10 I could see NE moving up and getting him.
Darnold, Allen, Rosen are going top 5.
I don’t think they could go top 5 unless they traded 23, 31, 43, 63 to get the QB.
They will piss off Brady if they really like one of these QBs.

Brady and Gronk are pissing off Belichick with Alex Guerrero not being allowed the facility and Gronk wants money.
Belichick was forced to trade Jimmy G but with Brady throwing retirement around in his last Tom vs. Time Robert Kraft isn’t going to stop Belichick if he wants a franchise QB.

The 4th pick is worth 1800 points.
23, 31, 43, are worth 1900 points.

If a QB fell to 4 that the Pats liked they could offer those 3 picks to Cleveland and get a QB and still have a 2nd rounder at 63.

I honestly don’t know how Belichick got a first back for Cooks.

Buffalo only got a 2nd for Sammy Watkins who I think is a better player.

NE gave NO 32nd pick and 3rd for Cooks and a 4th.
2 years of control of Cooks

LA gave 23rd pick and 6th for Cooks and a 4th. 1 year of control of Cooks.

So essence the Pats gave up a 3rd to move up 9 spots and a 6th round pick and they got one year of Cooks.

LA is crazy all-in with Jared Goff.
They have Donald and Cooks on the last year and can’t franchise both.

The Rams are the most fascinating team in the league right now, IMHO. They're really going all-in for it.

My cautionary note is that progress, especially in pro football, doesn't proceed along a straight line. It does not necessarily follow that the Rams' 2017 performance is the floor for 2018, especially with the 49'ers pursuing a similar strategy, and with teams having had some time to look at plenty of tape.

DZ9H_lDXUAEs6uw

Of the brownies take Allen, this is how i think the 1st 5 will go.

Can’t see the colts letting Nelson pass though.

And the bucs Chubb.

Then we off to the races.

Point's well-taken, although I don't necessarily agree on Fitzpatrick. You've got the perfect storm of QB-needy teams and a lot of 1st round QB's. We just KNOW that some of them, perhaps all of them, will be busts. But that won't stop them from being taken in the top 5. Kinda reminds me of that year when Tim Couch and Akili Smith were drafted, one before and one after McNabb, and they were both busts.

Point's well-taken, although I don't necessarily agree on Fitzpatrick. You've got the perfect storm of QB-needy teams and a lot of 1st round QB's. We just KNOW that some of them, perhaps all of them, will be busts. But that won't stop them from being taken in the top 5. Kinda reminds me of that year when Tim Couch and Akili Smith were drafted, one before and one after McNabb, and they were both busts.

Team needs always have to factor in.

True. Which is why you have so many reaches and so many busts at QB. Which is also why some bad teams just remain bad. Was reading an article today where the Jets are supposedly not in agreement on which QB to take at #3. Which at least raises the question, did it make sense for them to move up to #3?

Of the brownies take Allen, this is how i think the 1st 5 will go.

Can’t see the colts letting Nelson pass though.

And the bucs Chubb.

Then we off to the races.
Nelson is a guard. His position tells you even if he is great you don’t take him top 5.

LT sure but not a guard.

The best player in the draft non-QB is Chubb for me. Belichick personally worked him out on his pro day and clearly wanted him but knows he has no chance too.

I don’t think Fitzpatrick is that good as most Alabama players aren’t worth it high in the draft. Saban gets the most out of them and they aren’t as good in the NFL minus the athletic freaks like Julio Jones.

I like Chubb, Barkley and the LB from Georgia Roquan Smith rhe most.

Nelson is a guard. His position tells you even if he is great you don’t take him top 5.

LT sure but not a guard.

The best player in the draft non-QB is Chubb for me. Belichick personally worked him out on his pro day and clearly wanted him but knows he has no chance too.

I don’t think Fitzpatrick is that good as most Alabama players aren’t worth it high in the draft. Saban gets the most out of them and they aren’t as good in the NFL minus the athletic freaks like Julio Jones.

I like Chubb, Barkley and the LB from Georgia Roquan Smith rhe most.
Taking a QB, just because your QB is old and nobody expects you to be drafting that high again is stupid.

I have full confidence Gettlemen will take BPA...or trade out.

Status
Not open for further replies.