NFL Thread | Page 307 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, Roquan Smith has some injury red flags. Seems like a natural fit for the Cowboys. Between him and Sean Lee, you could get a whole season out of 'em.

So now that the Patriots signed Jordan Matthews.
The Brandin Cooks trade looks like this 1 year of Cooks and 134th pick for 23rd pick, 198th pick and 1 year of Jordan Matthews.

So Belichick lost the Jimmy G trade but made a really good fleecing here.

The Brandin Cooks trade looks like this 1 year of Cooks and 134th pick for 23rd pick, 198th pick and 1 year of Jordan Matthews.

I’ve always liked Jordan Matthews. Injuries were a big problem past couple years. That could be a nice addition if he recovers well.. Plus, I have him in my dynasty fantasy football league.

I dunno. At his best, Matthews is a good possession receiver out of the slot. Not a deep threat. And he hasn't been at his best the last two years.

I'm sure he will stay injury free and probably put up a 1000 yard season with his best games against the Bills.

I'm sure he will stay injury free and probably put up a 1000 yard season with his best games against the Bills.
Yeah, as I said above, I've always been a fan. Injuries have killed him, especially after being traded, he couldn't practice and learn the new offense in Buffalo. As a Steelers fan, I'm not happy he is a Patriot LOL, but I think if he stays healthy he could surprise some people. Big QB upgrade for him, to state the very obvious.

Apparently, Roquan Smith has some injury red flags. Seems like a natural fit for the Cowboys. Between him and Sean Lee, you could get a whole season out of 'em.

Yeah I remember reading that he had been red-flagged. I wish I knew what for. If I recall correctly, he never missed a game in college and I don't think he was even ever on an injury report.

Is Riley Dixon done in Denver??

They just brought in some serious competition, not just another camp leg.

Of all the coaching changes and big moves made this offseason, the one I question the most is the Raiders giving Jon Gruden a 10-year contract. He basically fell into that Super Bowl win when Tampa Bay got impatient, and that was a long time ago. The moves he's made with Oakland, soon to be Vegas, have me questioning the notion of giving him control over personnel as well as coaching duties. I think he's gonna be a bust.

Of all the coaching changes and big moves made this offseason, the one I question the most is the Raiders giving Jon Gruden a 10-year contract. He basically fell into that Super Bowl win when Tampa Bay got impatient, and that was a long time ago. The moves he's made with Oakland, soon to be Vegas, have me questioning the notion of giving him control over personnel as well as coaching duties. I think he's gonna be a bust.

He might be a complete bust but the King move made some sense. King was expensive particularly re the salary cap. He also was somewhat of a head case, drawing a couple of unsportsmanlike PFs.

Btw if not for the goofy tuck rule Gruden would have been to two SBs. That said, the contract was crazy.

He might be a complete bust but the King move made some sense. King was expensive particularly re the salary cap. He also was somewhat of a head case, drawing a couple of unsportsmanlike PFs.

Btw if not for the goofy tuck rule Gruden would have been to two SBs. That said, the contract was crazy.

The Raiders had a good personnel guy. Why Gruden should supersede him makes no sense to me. Aren't many HC's who ultimately succeed in 'buying the groceries'.

Maybe the Birds can pick him up.
Hope so.

He punted in Denver and his avg and net were pretty low.

Bring him to the iggs...

Hope so.

He punted in Denver and his avg and net were pretty low.

Bring him to the iggs...

You know who had the lowest net in the NFL last year? You guessed it.

You know who had the lowest net in the NFL last year? You guessed it.
Without looking, I’m not sure if u r bragging that it was the iggs and you still won, congrats...or if you are pointing out that it was Brad Wing.

Because I would be shocked if wasn’t that noodle legged freak.

3-13 is 3-13, but damn if he didn’t help that out immensely.

Without looking, I’m not sure if u r bragging that it was the iggs and you still won, congrats...or if you are pointing out that it was Brad Wing.

Because I would be shocked if wasn’t that noodle legged freak.

3-13 is 3-13, but damn if he didn’t help that out immensely.

It was Wing.

The Birds actually had an excellent punter for the last few years in Donnie Jones. He retired (probably forced out for salary cap reasons) a few weeks and now has just un-retired (Eagles gave him his release). The GMen could do much worse than signing Jones. Hits them very high and also is a good directional kicker, great at putting them inside the 20.

It was Wing.

The Birds actually had an excellent punter for the last few years in Donnie Jones. He retired (probably forced out for salary cap reasons) a few weeks and now has just un-retired (Eagles gave him his release). The GMen could do much worse than signing Jones. Hits them very high and also is a good directional kicker, great at putting them inside the 20.
As a matter of fact, both of your wins v the Giants can be attributed to wing.

Nelson is a guard. His position tells you even if he is great you don’t take him top 5.

LT sure but not a guard.

I think Chubb is going to be the best player in this draft period.
The best player in the draft non-QB is Chubb for me. Belichick personally worked him out on his pro day and clearly wanted him but knows he has no chance too.

I don’t think Fitzpatrick is that good as most Alabama players aren’t worth it high in the draft. Saban gets the most out of them and they aren’t as good in the NFL minus the athletic freaks like Julio Jones.

I like Chubb, Barkley and the LB from Georgia Roquan Smith rhe most.

As a matter of fact, both of your wins v the Giants can be attributed to wing.

Kind of puzzling how we struggled against the NYG and pretty much tore everybody else up.

Status
Not open for further replies.