NFL Thread | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
when the Giants were 2-3 I asked everyone here to find me a loss to stop the Giants from being 8-3...it didn't happen.

so at 8-3, im scared shitless.

I think 2 wins will get them in, 3 is a Home Run.

please let Pugh come back this week...

when the Giants were 2-3 I asked everyone here to find me a loss to stop the Giants from being 8-3...it didn't happen.

so at 8-3, im scared shitless.

I think 2 wins will get them in, 3 is a Home Run.

please let Pugh come back this week...
You guys are pretty much in the playoffs. I can't see a wildcard coming anywhere but the NFC East except maybe Tampa. The Bucs are 6-5 and go to SD this week.
Minnesota and Green Bay aren't playoff teams.
I am rooting for your Giants this week in Pittsburgh. So you are screwed and this week.

You guys are pretty much in the playoffs. I can't see a wildcard coming anywhere but the NFC East except maybe Tampa. The Bucs are 6-5 and go to SD this week.
I am rooting for your Giants this week in Pittsburgh. So you are screwed and this week.
yes, please dont do that.

we need to keep the status quo here fellas, keep putting the whammy on everyone else, don't root for Big Blue...

December

4:30 start

NFL ROYALTY

10 Lombardi's out of 13 appearances

Eli-Ben

Giants-Steelers

simply doesn't get any better than that.

well, maybe it would if it was a Giants Stadium...

It wasn't close. It was short and the left.
Making 10 yards in 1 play is way easier than hitting a 62 yard FG.
With the miss all KC needed was 10 yards to attempt a 55 yard FG.
Plus Alex Smith had been moving the ball on that D.
Kubiak himself postgame took the blame for the loss going for that FG.

Ya your right, don't know why I was trying to defend Kubiak, it was pretty dumb.

yes, please dont do that.

we need to keep the status quo here fellas, keep putting the whammy on everyone else, don't root for Big Blue...

December

4:30 start

NFL ROYALTY

10 Lombardi's out of 13 appearances

Eli-Ben

Giants-Steelers

simply doesn't get any better than that.

well, maybe it would if it was a Giants Stadium...

Well according to the ratings the Cowboys playing would be better, but a very good game.

Minnesota's schedule isn't all that tough, if they can get their you know what together, they have a chance.

Well according to the ratings the Cowboys playing would be better, but a very good game.
yes, the women and children's team.

and sicko's hoping for a wardrobe malfunction by the cheerleading squad.

this game is for the diehards...

Are you saying Cowboys fans aren't diehards? I have broken stuff and spent days in beds after bad Cowboys losses.
I'm saying a lot are fake, and/or women and children...and likely became fans when they were good in either the 70s or early 90s.

Steelers sorta fit that model too, but those fakers are much cooler.

I'm saying a lot are fake, and/or women and children...and likely became fans when they were good in either the 70s or early 90s.

Steelers sorta fit that model too, but those fakers are much cooler.

What does that even mean, who cares why you start rooting for a team, its whether or not you live and die with your team or not, why did you become a Giants fan?

Are you saying Cowboys fans aren't diehards? I have broken stuff and spent days in beds after bad Cowboys losses.

C'mon, there are certain fan bases with just a ton of awful "fans" who know nothing about the sport and are terrible fans. The Cowboys are one of those fan bases. So are the Lakers, and I'm a Lakers fan. Doesn't mean there aren't a lot of great fans in those types of fanbases, but there tends to be a lot of bad ones too.

What does that even mean, who cares why you start rooting for a team, its whether or not you live and die with your team or not, why did you become a Giants fan?

The short answer is one is born into it. People can move to a city and get seduced, it happens too.

Guys like Chris Christie root for the Cowboys.

if you didnt want to be a Giants fan, then we would give you the jets.

we would all be laughing at you, but youd have our respect.

i dont make the unwritten rules on how and who to root for...i just point them out.

why do you think America does not begrudge all the non Chicago (Illinois) Cubs fans??

its because they always lost and if they stuck with them, or became a fan...its not because of bling.

transplants are different...if I ever moved to Denver, i can see myself with Rockies tix, but the Yanks would hold my heart. (i could never be broncos tix holder, wouldnt want to miss a snap of the Giants, but id likely attend any game without a conflict)

but NY poke fans??

no thank you.

The short answer is one is born into it. People can move to a city and get seduced, it happens too.

seduced??

you were bait and switched.

you thought you were getting the Expos...or cubs lite.

instead you got the Braves Part II.

C'mon, there are certain fan bases with just a ton of awful "fans" who know nothing about the sport and are terrible fans. The Cowboys are one of those fan bases. So are the Lakers, and I'm a Lakers fan. Doesn't mean there aren't a lot of great fans in those types of fanbases, but there tends to be a lot of bad ones too.

There sure are and they give us a bad name, I live and die with the Cowboys. I became a Cowboys fan because I liked the star, not because they were good, and have been ever since. I get upset on draft day if we make a pick that I don't like.

Guys like what? Its football, you can root for whoever you want.

Guys like what? Its football, you can root for whoever you want.

The bandwagon has certainly grown this year to the point where if they were to play the Pats in the Super Bowl, I think I would have to root for the Pats.

Just like Jets fans hate Patriots-Giants Super Bowls.
The nation would hate the Skip Bayless Bowl Patriots-Cowboys.
I don't think the Pats have the national fanbase the Cowboys/Steelers/Raiders have.
The Patriots are more like the Cobra Kai. You are either part of the organization or hate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.