NFL Thread | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the Saints had good special teams or just an average defense. I remember people saying Drew Brees was going to turn into Peyton Manning 2.0 last year. He leads in Yards, Touchdowns, Completions, Attempts and has only thrown 8 INT's and on pace for an NFL record 72% completion. He's in the top 5 of all efficiency metrics (PFF, QBR, Rating) and has been dropping dimes all years. It's too bad the Saints are awful in all other phases because he would be the MVP and I think he probably is going to win OPOY if Zeke Elliot doesn't get it.

If this thing is gonna be pats vs 'boys, I'll be pulling for the 0 - 0 tie more than ever before. That said, there's no team in any sport I despise more than the cowboys, sorry fans. I used to burn all cowboys cards immediately upon opening my packs of football cards when I was a kid. January '78 ruined part of my childhood.

I wish the Saints had good special teams or just an average defense. I remember people saying Drew Brees was going to turn into Peyton Manning 2.0 last year. He leads in Yards, Touchdowns, Completions, Attempts and has only thrown 8 INT's and on pace for an NFL record 72% completion. He's in the top 5 of all efficiency metrics (PFF, QBR, Rating) and has been dropping dimes all years. It's too bad the Saints are awful in all other phases because he would be the MVP and I think he probably is going to win OPOY if Zeke Elliot doesn't get it.
How the Saints haven't fixed that D to just middle of the road is baffling.
I kinda consider the Saints the Patriots of the NFC without the consistent success. Payton is the offensive Belichick but man he can't build a D.
The Saints got into cap hell and then gave Brees(he deserves it) that huge contract. Pats are lucky Brady has been paid in the top 10 QB range when he could have commanded the top of the market contract and eaten more cap
Space. His wife being close to a billionaire helps him take less money.

How the Saints haven't fixed that D to just middle of the road is baffling.
I kinda consider the Saints the Patriots of the NFC without the consistent success. Payton is the offensive Belichick but man he can't build a D.
The Saints got into cap hell and then gave Brees(he deserves it) that huge contract. Pats are lucky Brady has been paid in the top 10 QB range when he could have commanded the top of the market contract and eaten more cap
Space. His wife being close to a billionaire helps him take less money.

The way we have lost games this year is beyond ridiculous. We could easily be 10-1 if we just made one more play in the following games.

Week 1- Saints lead the entire game and then give up an 80 yard drive with a minute to go and the Raiders win by 1.
Week 2- In a defensive battle with the Giants they give up a field goal at the buzzer to lose by 3
Week 6- Saints driving for the win and Mark Ingram fumbles the game away-lose by 6
Week 9- Brees drops a dime to Cooks in between three defenders against the Broncos to tie the game. Extra point is blocked and returned for 2 with under a minute to go.-lose by 2
Week 10- Saints come back after being down by 20 and on 3rd and a mile don't bring pressure against Cam and he completes a 20 yard pass having all day to throw-lose by 3.

We have lost 5 games by 16 points total and have scored the third most points in the NFL.

If this thing is gonna be pats vs 'boys, I'll be pulling for the 0 - 0 tie more than ever before. That said, there's no team in any sport I despise more than the cowboys, sorry fans. I used to burn all cowboys cards immediately upon opening my packs of football cards when I was a kid. January '78 ruined part of my childhood.
a patsy-poke SuperBowl would be about as horrific event as there could be for me.

if it wasn't for the idiocy of pete carroll and the suckiness of russell wilson...brady should only have his 3 spygate aided, vinatieri won for him, bowls from well over a decade ago.

and screw jerry jones and his rookie offensive boy wonders.

id rather see the redskins in there.

maybe even the iggs.

Now I know for sure you are smoking crack.
crack would be the only way I could get through a patsy-non Giants, but NFC East team SuperBowl.

the good ole days were so much better rooting for the steelers, or raiders or dolphins...hell, even the bills 3x.

Last edited:
Now we can add liar to the list of words used to describe Josh Norman. After the game he accused Dez Bryant of threatening to 'unload a clip' turns out it wasn't true but was instead a 'metaphor'. What a PoS.

Norman initially claimed the fight started when Bryant told him, “Where I’m from, we unload the clip.” Norman confirmed twice after the game to the Post that Bryant said that, but clarified on Monday that Bryant did not say the phrase. It’s a phrase Norman intended as a metaphor to describe himself, how he’s going to give it his all on the field.

I'll never understand how people from upstate NY (Albany - Buffalo for you New Yawkuz) who root for NJ teams criticize people who root for out of state franchises.

As much as they want to believe it, rooting for the Jints or Jets doesn't make them apart of the Jay-Z NYC culture. You're still from Upstate NY (just like me).

To each their own.

Last edited:
I'll never understand how people from upstate NY (Albany - Buffalo for you New Yawkuz) who root for NJ teams criticize people who root for out of state franchises.

As much as they want to believe it, rooting for the Jints or Jets doesn't make them apart of the Jay-Z NYC culture. You're still from Upstate NY (just like me).

To each their own.
1st of all, drop the 'they play in jersey' thing.

Giants Stadium is closer to Times Square than Yankee Stadium is.

that said, its all about television and radio market.

poke games aren't on the radio, Giants and jets are. then out west, the Bills are. growing up in Albany, we'even d catch patsy games on the radio sometimes to out of Springfield or even boston. not poke ones.

and upstate NY is protected by tv by the NFL for the Giants, jets and then the bills.

plus, you have to realize what it was like for our fathers, they got to see games in the comfort of their homes in the 60s & 70s, when NYC folk didn't...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/s...iants-nation-put-its-lead-foot-down.html?_r=0

poke games aren't on the radio, Giants and jets are. then out west, the Bills are. growing up in Albany, we'even d catch patsy games on the radio sometimes to out of Springfield or even boston. not poke ones.

and upstate NY is protected by tv by the NFL for the Giants, jets and then the bills.

plus, you have to realize what it was like for our fathers, they got to see games in the comfort of their homes in the 60s & 70s, when NYC folk didn't...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/s...iants-nation-put-its-lead-foot-down.html?_r=0

The part you are missing is that in the 60s-80s TV was different. If your local team (the bills) was terrible they would never be on TV. There are generations of cowboys, niners, steelers, etc fans from upstate NY because those were the teams they saw on TV all the time as a kid. Unless your dad was taking you to the Bills game every sunday there was a good chance you never saw them play as a kid.

The part you are missing is that in the 60s-80s TV was different. If your local team (the bills) was terrible they would never be on TV. There are generations of cowboys, niners, steelers, etc fans from upstate NY because those were the teams they saw on TV all the time as a kid. Unless your dad was taking you to the Bills game every sunday there was a good chance you never saw them play as a kid.
I cant speak for western NY, but every single Giant game was on CBS and ever single, lousy jet game was on NBC in the 80s in Albany. granted, you always got a 3rd, where as here in NYC even now, we still get blacked out often and only get 2 afternoon games.

To each their own.

I never understand how people could criticize people for who they root for period, esp football, its a national sport.

The Cowboys are on tv all the time, how could you fault anyone for becoming a fan?

The Cowboys are on tv all the time, how could you fault anyone for becoming a fan?

In today's world all the local teams are always on so it would be hard to justify picking a different team but back in the day it was way different.

at some point non-texas or Midwest poke fans decided to compromise their integrity and principals...and bandwagoned themselves to a winner.

which I suppose is fine, in the end we are all football fans and have common ground.

as mentioned by someone earlier, the pokes, steelers and raiders fall into that category.

for a while, the dolphins and niners had a groundswell, but that's basically been suppressed.

the packers are a category all to themselves.

the patsys went from zero fans, to owning all of new england, but yes, the rest of the country hates their cheating criminal arses.

you will see Giants fans everywhere, but they are just transplanted NYers.

Must've hit a nerve so I'll be gentle.

How does an Upper East or West side Manhattanite stomach schlepping to Jersey to watch a football game!?!!

I thought all New Yawkers looked down on NJ as the armpit of America?!

Regardless, you sound absurd accusing SYRACUSE fans of being bandwagoners because of the pro team they root for.

You might have a case if this were a Duke, UK or tOSU board.

Anyone who has posted on these boards over the past 15 years (and isn't a worthless basketball only) can never be called a bandwagon fan of anything.

Even Pats fans.

How does an Upper East or West side Manhattanite stomach schlepping to Jersey to watch a football game!?!!

Regardless, you sound absurd accusing SYRACUSE fans of being bandwagoners because of the pro team they root for.

Anyone who has posted on these boards over the past 15 years (and isn't a worthless basketball only) can never be called a bandwagon fan of anything.

Even Pats fans.

SU fan shaming. Great.

CuseFaninVT - Worthless Basketball only fan

Even Pats fans.
Isn't that exactly what you did talking about JayZ and NYC? Weird part of your post earlier. I don't know anyone who's a fan of those teams that chose to be, just to fit in to a certain culture, NYC or JayZ, lol..

at some point non-texas or Midwest poke fans decided to compromise their integrity and principals...and bandwagoned themselves to a winner.

which I suppose is fine, in the end we are all football fans and have common ground.

as mentioned by someone earlier, the pokes, steelers and raiders fall into that category.

for a while, the dolphins and niners had a groundswell, but that's basically been suppressed.

the packers are a category all to themselves.

the patsys went from zero fans, to owning all of new england, but yes, the rest of the country hates their cheating criminal arses.

you will see Giants fans everywhere, but they are just transplanted NYers.

Not really, winning had nothing to do with why I became a Cowboys fan, I liked the star on the helmet and became a fan. Giant fans are just bitter.

Isn't that exactly what you did talking about JayZ and NYC? Weird part of your post earlier. I don't know anyone who's a fan of those teams that chose to be, just to fit in to a certain culture, NYC or JayZ, lol..

Yes, and that was the point I'm making. Calling someone a bandwagon fan because they live in a different state and/or are from a culturally different area makes no sense.

But whatever helps Jint fans, like Herr Kaiser, cope with a resurgent Cowboys team is fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.