NFL Thread | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I said the NYG game matters because then if you lose that and split TB/DET then that last game could very well matter for HFA. Look Dallas is def in the driver's seat but it's not a done deal yet in terms of HFA.

All the Cowboys need to do is go 2-2, and thats if Seattle wins out. I could see Gb beating them this week.

Jets owner sitting with Mike Pence last night begging for the UK ambassador job. After watching his team play he may get sympathy and get that job.

Both of those clowns deserve each other.

It is like holding in that they could call it every single play if they wanted to. At this point the best any fan can hope for is they screw up more calls for the the other team than they do for yours because officiating is a disaster.

One of the reasons I'd like to see the penalty for PI be just 15 yards and auto 1st down like the college game.

One of the reasons I'd like to see the penalty for PI be just 15 yards and auto 1st down like the college game.

One big reason to throw the ball downfield is the risk/reward angle usually benefits the offense. But if there's no reward, the OC's won't take the risk and will run the ball instead. We'll get 8 defenders in the box with no reason to rush the passer, and a 3 yard gain will be all we'll get at best. Maybe we have to have something like the NBA, with zone defenses outlawed? (not completely facetious)

You can't do that, then dbacks will just grab receivers on every big pass play, because it will only be 15 yards.

It would be ten times worse, at least they try to play the ball occasionally, you make pi a 15 yard penalty, it will become a joke.

They need to eliminate all contact after 5 yards. Make it really simple. You touch the guy no matter how lightly after that 5 yards and its PI.

What they have now is they touched them around the waist but did they turn them? Or they touched them but were they looking back? Too many interpretations.

They need to eliminate all contact after 5 yards. Make it really simple. You touch the guy no matter how lightly after that 5 yards and its PI.

What they have now is they touched them around the waist but did they turn them? Or they touched them but were they looking back? Too many interpretations.
Not sure how that could work, unless you want 76-61 to be the average score of an NFL game.

Not sure how that could work, unless you want 76-61 to be the average score of an NFL game.

If PI calls are the only thing stopping scores from being that high then the game is broken already.

If PI calls are the only thing stopping scores from being that high then the game is broken already.
If you really think banning all contact after 5 yards would not result in a huge increase in scoring, I guess I don't understand what you are suggesting.

All the Cowboys need to do is go 2-2, and thats if Seattle wins out. I could see Gb beating them this week.

That's why I prefaced my comments by saying "if" tho I would note that Seattle is a 2.5 point favorite.

Heard this morning that the Raiders currently have home-field advantage right now due to some weird strength of win thing. Is that right?

They've got all 3 road games vs. their division rivals and a home game vs. Indy. Oakland won't have that HFA for long.

Should have been 18. I never complain about the refs, because in the end, it pretty much evens out. But I can count at least 4 PI non-calls yesterday that would have been calls if it were any other player. I think he's right - that crew should not call NYG games anymore. Too much bad blood on both sides.

sounds like a Joey Crawford vs. San Antonio situation

Press coverage is part of the game, I would hate to have that taken away.

they say 6 weeks for JPP, lets make it 5 and get him back for the WC.

even without him, I can still see 12-4 .

- I think they still beat the pokes here (listen, I just think they take their foot off the gas this week)
- lions will want no part of a cold and whatever else Giants Stadium
- iggs suck
- redskins may have nothing to play for, if they do...then fine 11-5

- I think they still beat the pokes here (listen, I just think they take their foot off the gas this week)
- iggs suck

The week they took their foot off the gas was last week playing their 3rd game in 12 days. I think you are going to get a re energized team looking for payback for week 1.

Giants are playing their 2nd consecutive team coming off a mini-bye playing on the previous Thursday.
Dallas will be the fresher team. I think the Giants will still make the playoffs but it won't be easy. I got Dallas this week.

New Orleans-Tampa and Seattle-Green Bay are the games to watch this week. NYG need some separation from Tampa and GB to make sure they get in.

The week they took their foot off the gas was last week playing their 3rd game in 12 days. I think you are going to get a re energized team looking for payback for week 1.
anything is possible.

I do think the Giants need to get up quick by a few scores for them to take their foot off it.

I don't think there is any revenge factor, just win the division and stay healthy now.

They've got all 3 road games vs. their division rivals and a home game vs. Indy. Oakland won't have that HFA for long.
This week is the most important game Raiders. Chiefs have a softer schedule remaining than the Raiders and if the KC wins they will own the tiebreaker over Oakland due to sweeping them.

With the Pats having an interest I prefer the Raiders win this week keeping them ahead and then drop one of the SD/Den games later. If KC wins this game I could see them winning out. They play Denver at home and @ SD last week.

Giants are playing their 2nd consecutive team coming off a mini-bye playing on the previous Thursday.
Dallas will be the fresher team.
I think the Giants will still make the playoffs but it won't be easy. I got Dallas this week.

New Orleans-Tampa and Seattle-Green Bay are the games to watch this week. NYG need some separation from Tampa and GB to make sure they get in.
what else is new??

- iggs suck

I don't see the Giants winning out, that skins game could be a play in game.

- iggs suck

I love your optimism. It paid off for ya with Trump but if I were you I'd sign for 10-6 right now. 12-4 is a pipe dream.

This week is the most important game Raiders. Chiefs have a softer schedule remaining than the Raiders and if the KC wins they will own the tiebreaker over Oakland due to sweeping them.

With the Pats having an interest I prefer the Raiders win this week keeping them ahead and then drop one of the SD/Den games later. If KC wins this game I could see them winning out. They play Denver at home and @ SD last week.

KC is a dangerous team. I have them going to the Supe. Defense travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.