NFL Thread | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also might help if your best player stopped trying to get a PI every single play and just played.
so annoying.

that was the same crew as last years Panther game and this years redskins, they are totally in his head, but also give him no quarter.

Benching a football player over not wearing a tie to the stadium seems incredibly counterproductive. Fine him. Benching him is pointless. This is pro sports. You aren't teaching life lessons.

It's called "protecting the field." If as Alsacs explained, it's curfew and not dress code, it still has to be dealt with, and be seen to be dealt with. Obviously you can't send the message to rest of the team that there are two sets of rules. And good on Rivera for taking the heat. But there's still seems to be something bigger than just this. Newton's body language on the field and sidelines seems to say he's annoyed at having to tolerate everything.

Last edited:
Eli looks like he's caught the dreaded case of the Manning noodle arm. Doesn't seem like he has the same zip on his passes like he used to.

He looked to me like he's rushing to get rid of the ball, throwing before he's set. Which is a problem because he never had the arm strength of Newton or others who could get away with that. Either he feels he has to throw it before he's sacked, or before the ephemeral window closes. But either way he doesn't look comfortable the way Ryan and Carr, et al, do.

While I love Dak he is a rookie and at some point rookies got to rookie. If we are down a couple of scores in a playoff game and looking horrible I can absolutely see Romo coming off the bench in the second half.
Okay. I can see that.

While I love Dak he is a rookie and at some point rookies got to rookie. If we are down a couple of scores in a playoff game and looking horrible I can absolutely see Romo coming off the bench in the second half.
great line.

and you have a great line, but I think this is the week for Dak to rookie because I think Spags is really smart.

no JPP will make it tough though...and it didn't look good.

Heard this morning that the Raiders currently have home-field advantage right now due to some weird strength of win thing. Is that right?

Yes. Though I got them as a fairly significant dog to win their division still given how much easier the Chiefs remaining schedule is.

Given the quality of our last 4 opponents I would have to guess at a 2-2 finish. Which would put us at 13-3. I say 2-2 because I don't think the Eagles game will matter and we will hopefully be resting our starters.

That's why I said the NYG game matters because then if you lose that and split TB/DET then that last game could very well matter for HFA. Look Dallas is def in the driver's seat but it's not a done deal yet in terms of HFA.

Romo needs the work but that would be fairly demeaning to start him, no? Given how much of stand up guy he has been maybe it isn't an issue. Personally I think we are going to see him play in the play offs.

On a side note .. excellent call on saying we would win in Minny and the Giants lose at Pitt.

Not the boldest call in the world. Both teams were favored. :)

Games like yesterday are why I don't think Eli is a top tier QB.
The Steelers DL didn't kill a banged up NYG OL. It was awful decisions and reads by Eli. That Giants D played its butt off keeping Pitt in the 20s and the O was bad against a terrible Pitt D.
Dallas has a chance to determine the NFC playoff picture.
Giants, Bucs, Lions all need wins. Dallas could lose one of these games if they wanted Redskins, Falcons, Vikings, Packers in or out.
Just like I think the Pats would tank the Dolphins game if they have HFA wrapped up and could knock out another AFC team.

Remember last year when BB made some strange decisions in the NYJ game at Met Life? That came back to bite them on the arse. This year they need to win and not overthink it.

Eli has the dreaded case of 'my LT sucks and my LG is in civies'.

I think that's a fair point but early on this season I noticed that he's paying a lot more attention to the oncoming traffic than he used to. The ball comes out very quickly at the slightest sign of pressure.

I think that's a fair point but early on this season I noticed that he's paying a lot more attention to the oncoming traffic than he used to. The ball comes out very quickly at the slightest sign of pressure.

Or he is flat out falling to the ground to avoid the hit.

This stat on Tom Brady is insane. He has trailed 92 times entering the 4th quarter. He has a winning record in those games.
Cy3CvUkUsAAo1Li

It also might help if your best player stopped trying to get a PI every single play and just played.

Beckham needs to shutup, he isn't doing himself any favors. He can complain about the refs all he wants, they called 12 penalties on Pit yesterday and 4 on the Giants.

Beckham needs to shutup, he isn't doing himself any favors. He can complain about the refs all he wants, they called 12 penalties on Pit yesterday and 4 on the Giants.
Should have been 18. I never complain about the refs, because in the end, it pretty much evens out. But I can count at least 4 PI non-calls yesterday that would have been calls if it were any other player. I think he's right - that crew should not call NYG games anymore. Too much bad blood on both sides.

Should have been 18. I never complain about the refs, because in the end, it pretty much evens out. But I can count at least 4 PI non-calls yesterday that would have been calls if it were any other player. I think he's right - that crew should not call NYG games anymore. Too much bad blood on both sides.

And there was a clear hold on the Giants first td, its hard to complain when the other team has 8 more called penalties than you.

And there was a clear hold on the Giants first td, its hard to complain when the other team has 8 more called penalties than you.
Just talking specifically about the 'missed' PI's

Which plays are you talking about? The first one on Beckham could have gone either way.
When the defender had his arm wrapped around him in the late 3rd (early 4th?), and even the commentators said it should have been PI, that was at least the 3rd if not the 4th that should have been called.

Does anyone know for certain what constitutes pass interference anymore? It all seems as ambiguous and inconsistent as what constitutes a catch. :noidea:

Does anyone know for certain what constitutes pass interference anymore? It all seems as ambiguous and inconsistent as what constitutes a catch. :noidea:

It is like holding in that they could call it every single play if they wanted to. At this point the best any fan can hope for is they screw up more calls for the the other team than they do for yours because officiating is a disaster.

It is like holding in that they could call it every single play if they wanted to. At this point the best any fan can hope for is they screw up more calls for the the other team than they do for yours because officiating is a disaster.

Another part of the problem is the increasing number of times teams throw the ball, because it's too dam difficult to run the ball with any success. So, the opportunity for PI and catch/no catch is much more prominent.

Jets owner sitting with Mike Pence last night begging for the UK ambassador job. After watching his team play he may get sympathy and get that job.

Status
Not open for further replies.