NFL Thread | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly has less meaning but I don't know about zero. The next two games after the NYG are against the Lions and Bucs who happen to be two of the hottest teams in the NFL. Home field advantage is still important.

12 wins will probably take home field with Seattle and Detroit both at 8 wins.

Hoping Carolina can pull an upset tonight.

looking ahead for possible Sunday night flex options. Week 15 Steelers / Bengals should get flexed. Pats/Broncos could replace it. Week 16 is Broncos/Chiefs which won't be flexed. If they don't want Denver on there 2 weeks in a row they can flex Colts/Vikings.

looking ahead for possible Sunday night flex options. Week 15 Steelers / Bengals should get flexed. Pats/Broncos could replace it. Week 16 is Broncos/Chiefs which won't be flexed. If they don't want Denver on there 2 weeks in a row they can flex Colts/Vikings.
Chiefs-Broncos can't be flexed it is on Christmas while the rest of the league plays on the 24th.
Denver-NE won't be flexed CBS is protecting it. Lord knows we need to hear Phil Simms call this game again.
Tampa-Dallas is rumored to be flexed into that spot instead of Cincy-Pitt.

I stand corrected that is harder just record wise. You guys aren't losing to NE
Though.
C'mon don't sandbag, lol. We are playing average ball at best right now. Not close to good enough for what it takes to beat really good teams. If I was a Pats fan, I would consider it a bad loss if you guys lost to us at this point.

C'mon don't sandbag, lol. We are playing average ball at best right now. Not close to good enough for what it takes to beat really good teams. If I was a Pats fan, I would consider it a bad loss if you guys lost to us at this point.
Honestly I feel like the Pats are getting HFA but they are losing in Denver.
It is a bad matchup. I consider Denver a division rival and the Pats struggle at the Jets and Dolphins every year.
It's a game we are losing.

12 wins will probably take home field with Seattle and Detroit both at 8 wins.

Hoping Carolina can pull an upset tonight.

I guess that depends on the outcome of Seattle visiting GB next week. If Seattle wins that game then they look like a lock to go 12-3-1 as they finish at home with LA and AZ and then travel to face the mighty 49ers in their finale. This Seattle team isn't as good as previous ones but you wouldn't want to face them up there.

Chiefs-Broncos can't be flexed it is on Christmas while the rest of the league plays on the 24th.
Denver-NE won't be flexed CBS is protecting it. Lord knows we need to hear Phil Simms call this game again.

That would make some sense, I would rather play at 1, we don't get too many of those games.

Cam Newton shows up at the stadium in Seattle wearing a turtle neck instead of a tie, as per team dress code, gets benched for the first series, and it all costs them a turnover. Either he's really just a little bitch, or he's intentionally trying to provoke Ron Rivera. Hell, maybe both. This was a game Carolina needed badly to have any hope of getting back into the playoff chase. It seems it threw the whole team off stride, for they looked tentative all game. Anyway, it would appear, unless something substantial happens, one of 'em won't be in Carolina next year. But if Carolina were to try to deal him, who would give up what they're going to ask for just to bring in another prima dona head case? Every team in the league already has enough of 'em. And if Carolina fires Rivera, who would want to take the job knowing Newton has that much influence?

Cam Newton shows up at the stadium in Seattle wearing a turtle neck instead of a tie, as per team dress code, gets benched for the first series, and it all costs them a turnover. Either he's really just a little bitch, or he's intentionally trying to provoke Ron Rivera. Hell, maybe both. This was a game Carolina needed badly to have any hope of getting back into the playoff chase. It seems it threw the whole team off stride, for they looked tentative all game. Anyway, it would appear, unless something substantial happens, one of 'em won't be in Carolina next year. But if Carolina were to try to deal him, who would give up what they're going to ask for just to bring in another prima dona head case? Every team in the league already has enough of 'em. And if Carolina fires Rivera, who would want to take the job knowing Newton has that much influence?

Benching a football player over not wearing a tie to the stadium seems incredibly counterproductive. Fine him. Benching him is pointless. This is pro sports. You aren't teaching life lessons.

Cam was suspended because he violated curfew while the team was in San Jose last week.
Rivera was covering for Newton saying it was a dress code violation. The Panthers stayed in CA last week after playing the Raiders for their game in Seattle last night.

I guess that depends on the outcome of Seattle visiting GB next week. If Seattle wins that game then they look like a lock to go 12-3-1 as they finish at home with LA and AZ and then travel to face the mighty 49ers in their finale. This Seattle team isn't as good as previous ones but you wouldn't want to face them up there.

Given the quality of our last 4 opponents I would have to guess at a 2-2 finish. Which would put us at 13-3. I say 2-2 because I don't think the Eagles game will matter and we will hopefully be resting our starters.

Given the quality of our last 4 opponents I would have to guess at a 2-2 finish. Which would put us at 13-3. I say 2-2 because I don't think the Eagles game will matter and we will hopefully be resting our starters.
Does Romo get the start or does Sanchez?

Does Romo get the start or does Sanchez?

Romo needs the work but that would be fairly demeaning to start him, no? Given how much of stand up guy he has been maybe it isn't an issue. Personally I think we are going to see him play in the play offs.

On a side note .. excellent call on saying we would win in Minny and the Giants lose at Pitt.

And the receiver/running back should have caught that ball, so it really had nothing to do with the guy throwing the pass.

Games like yesterday are why I don't think Eli is a top tier QB.
The Steelers DL didn't kill a banged up NYG OL. It was awful decisions and reads by Eli. That Giants D played its butt off keeping Pitt in the 20s and the O was bad against a terrible Pitt D.
Dallas has a chance to determine the NFC playoff picture.
Giants, Bucs, Lions all need wins. Dallas could lose one of these games if they wanted Redskins, Falcons, Vikings, Packers in or out.
Just like I think the Pats would tank the Dolphins game if they have HFA wrapped up and could knock out another AFC team.

Games like yesterday are why I don't think Eli is a top tier QB.
The Steelers DL didn't kill a banged up NYG OL. It was awful decisions and reads by Eli. That Giants D played its butt off keeping Pitt in the 20s and the O was bad against a terrible Pitt D.
Dallas has a chance to determine the NFC playoff picture.
Giants, Bucs, Lions all need wins. Dallas could lose one of these games if they wanted Redskins, Falcons, Vikings, Packers in or out.
Just like I think the Pats would tank the Dolphins game if they have HFA wrapped up and could knock out another AFC team.

Heard this morning that the Raiders currently have home-field advantage right now due to some weird strength of win thing. Is that right?

That did indeed happen. The Dallas/Tampa game has been moved to Sunday night.

Eli looks like he's caught the dreaded case of the Manning noodle arm. Doesn't seem like he has the same zip on his passes like he used to.

Eli looks like he's caught the dreaded case of the Manning noodle arm. Doesn't seem like he has the same zip on his passes like he used to.
Eli has the dreaded case of 'my LT sucks and my LG is in civies'.

Romo needs the work but that would be fairly demeaning to start him, no? Given how much of stand up guy he has been maybe it isn't an issue. Personally I think we are going to see him play in the play offs.

On a side note .. excellent call on saying we would win in Minny and the Giants lose at Pitt.
I agree that starting Romo in a "mop up" game would be demeaning. I would go with Sanchez to start. I might give Romo a few series though to get some work. Why do you think Romo will play in the playoffs?

I agree that starting Romo in a "mop up" game would be demeaning. I would go with Sanchez to start. I might give Romo a few series though to get some work. Why do you think Romo will play in the playoffs?

While I love Dak he is a rookie and at some point rookies got to rookie. If we are down a couple of scores in a playoff game and looking horrible I can absolutely see Romo coming off the bench in the second half.

Eli has the dreaded case of 'my LT sucks and my LG is in civies'.
Pittsburgh doesn't have it best defender DL Cam Hayward and their pass rush sucks. I follow all AFC contenders and Pittsburgh has the worst pass rush all of AFC playoff teams. Even New England has a better pass rush.

That performance wasn't on the NYG OL. Eli kept forcing it to Will Tye and Donnell instead of spreading them out an throwing to the slot guy. Pittsburgh never changes their D. As said above Eli missed several throws to perimeter and noodled armed them. Giants D played well and Eli threw that crap out there.

Pittsburgh doesn't have it best defender DL Cam Hayward and their pass rush sucks. I follow all AFC contenders and Pittsburgh has the worst pass rush all of AFC playoff teams. Even New England has a better pass rush.

That performance wasn't on the NYG OL. Eli kept forcing it to Will Tye and Donnell instead of spreading them out an throwing to the slot guy. Pittsburgh never changes their D. As said above Eli missed several throws to perimeter and noodled armed them. Giants D played well and Eli threw that crap out there.
he was going to them because he was checking down from the others. I remember 2 bad noodle armed throws, the punt-int and the other one when he threw off the wrong foot & across his body where he could've taken an extra second to get it there, but may have taken a hit from behind.

the pitt secondary did a nice job.

when there is only 6 in the box and you still cant run, that's a problem.

im surprised even the TEs were a little open with that umbrella defense.

that said...they beat the pokes next week.

I think they would've lost had they beat pitt.

to be clear, the Division is the pokes, Giants just need to not a playoff spot.

he was going to them because he was checking down from the others. I remember 2 bad noodle armed throws, the punt-int and the other one when he threw off the wrong foot & across his body where he could've taken an extra second to get it there, but may have taken a hit from behind.

the pitt secondary did a nice job.

when there is only 6 in the box and you still cant run, that's a problem.

im surprised even the TEs were a little open with that umbrella defense.

that said...they beat the pokes next week.

I think they would've lost had they beat pitt.

to be clear, the Division is the pokes, Giants just need to not a playoff spot.

It also might help if your best player stopped trying to get a PI every single play and just played.

Status
Not open for further replies.